• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

billbil-kun: God of War Ragnarok is the next PC Port

Well ofc its releasing this year and Spider-man 2 later this year. Nothing really shocking about it. Actually Spider-man 2 is fully playable on PC due to the leaks and ppl managed to fix most of it, from what I saw on reddit which will force Sony's hand to release it sooner than later. Hopefully Stellar Blade pops up on Steam as well.

Mortisfacio

I'll actually buy this one at least as opposed to the recent ports. Still want a Bloodborne port, though. I want to revisit that game on PC instead of the sub 20fps/900p/no AA variant I played on the PS4.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Does Sony hate games from Studio Japan

24153.gif
tumblr_ok4hxbsEHG1ukholjo1_r1_540.gif
s8BjPvA.gif

tumblr_msq99xXMDI1rbispdo1_400.gif

Last edited:

Neofire

It teaches their customers that there is no point in buying the game on console at launch, better wait for the better and cheaper PC version. Sony are already seeing this outcome as shown in their last sales leak. Notably the analysis on Horizon FW sales on PC that has completely changed the trajectory of sales on consoles (compared to the first Horizon). Basically they are eventually not squeezing more revenue overall. Instead of buying the game on console people are buying it on their PC. Thing is, they are now investing into the PC ecosystem, buying CPU, GPU, digital money from Fortnite / COD that won't go to PSN. Why do you think PSN profits faltered recently?
This entire run on sentence is the definition of delusion.

Neofire

Literally all of these games are already on PS...

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
👀 Where did he say he was talking about games that are already on PlayStation? There are plenty of games that Sony should be bringing to PS5 and Psvr 2 instead of chasing a few dollars on a platform with a community that just tried to sabotage a phenomenal game just because they didn't want to setup a PSN account. Which will happen IF Sony goes full in on putting all their games on PC.

👀 Where did he say he was talking about games that are already on PlayStation? There are plenty of games that Sony should be bringing to PS5 and Psvr 2 instead of chasing a few dollars on a platform with a community that just tried to sabotage a phenomenal game just because they didn't want to setup a PSN account. Which will happen IF Sony goes full in on putting all their games on PC.

He said how about feeding PS players first, despite what is being fed to PC gamers is literally games that have literally already been fed to PS gamers... literally first...

Jesus, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone these days. The quality of posts are just getting worse and worse.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
They tried to and successfully sabotaged Sony's attempt at forcing a PSN account. They did not attempt to sabotage the game whatsoever.

Zathalus

A few dollars? Sony has made near a billion from PC, and that's not including micro transactions or Destiny 2.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Ragnarok is a 2yr old game that was heavily promoted and bundled with PS5. Everyone willing to play on console has already done so. This is perfect timing cadence for PC release. To compare Sony's strategy to Microsoft's and insinuate they will suffer the same fate is plain stupid.

Next gen il be bunging all my drug dealer money on a bigman PC by the look of it, them man eat so much, they get these top PS games and all the great games from Microsoft Xbox game studios, such as Starfield and the upcoming Hellblade 2, coming 21st May, play it day one on Gamepass. Only problem with PC you miss out playing games on the most powerfull console in the world.
Now we have AD's disguised as posts? Wtf

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Next gen il be bunging all my drug dealer money on a bigman PC by the look of it, them man eat so much, they get these top PS games and all the great games from Microsoft Xbox game studios, such as Starfield and the upcoming Hellblade 2, coming 21st May, play it day one on Gamepass. Only problem with PC you miss out playing games on the most powerfull console in the world.
Most sane Xbox fan.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Angrboda.

What about her? She was a great character and the young lady that played her did a wonderful job.

Playing as Atreus.

Agreed. He was my favorite character in 2018, and became my least favorite by a country mile in the sequel. Idk what happened here and whether or not to blame the writing, actor, or direction. The franchise should move forward without him, which I think will happen.

Weak kratos.

How?

rofif

Banned
What about her? She was a great character and the young lady that played her did a wonderful job.

Agreed. He was my favorite character in 2018, and became my least favorite by a country mile in the sequel. Idk what happened here and whether or not to blame the writing, actor, or direction. The franchise should move forward without him, which I think will happen.

How?
why is my negative opinion on ragnarok weird and surprising all of sudden?!
We've all been shitting on this game for past 2 years. like what is going on.
Are you pranking me ?! Angrboda was great ?!

nial

the only 1P exclusives SIE'll still have for console are:

-GT7 (also on the Nvidia leak, so probably imminent)-Demon's Souls (also on the Nvidia leak, so likely imminent)-Astro's Playroom (a demo)-Spiderman 2 (guaranteed PC port prob sometime early 2025 at this rate)-Destruction All-Stars (a dead GAAS)
.....and that's it.
Missing Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade, bro.
I do believe when the God of War Ragnarok port gets announced, SIE will have already have done their showcase, so...
BTW, absolutely nothing is indicating that Spider-Man 2 could be ported by early 2025.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Ragnarok is worth it for the draupnir spear alone, but if you are bored by Dad of War 1, then you might want to wait for a discount to play Dadnarok.

Kssio_Aug

- Best writing in a game ever.
- Atreus and Angrboda are some of the most likeable, well-written characters in gaming history.
- Zero DEI bullshit
- Game flow is amazing and not padded out at all.
- Very chill game where you don't have tens of OCD-inducing sidequests/icons/challenges on the map/menus.
- Controls and combat systems are not convoluted at all.

Most importantly though, it has SOUL, i.e, it doesn't feel like it's made by a committee
PC master race is in for a treat
Hahaha... Good joke!!!
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Right?

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
It teaches their customers that there is no point in buying the game on console at launch, better wait for the better and cheaper PC version. Sony are already seeing this outcome as shown in their last sales leak. Notably the analysis on Horizon FW sales on PC that has completely changed the trajectory of sales on consoles (compared to the first Horizon). Basically they are eventually not squeezing more revenue overall. Instead of buying the game on console people are buying it on their PC. Thing is, they are now investing into the PC ecosystem, buying CPU, GPU, digital money from Fortnite / COD that won't go to PSN. Why do you think PSN profits faltered recently?

The player base in PC is very small compared to consoles. Moreover, if a consumer is willing to wait years to purchase the game in PC, they are unlikely to ever have purchased the game to begin with, even in console. Moreover, it matters very little where you generate the revenue from. Some of the players on PC are even consumers that have double-dipped.

Durin

Neo Member
It's a decent sequel, but changes too little to have the same impact as 2018. Honestly the Sony first-party games are starting to blend together because I felt the same about Spiderman 2.

The Atreus sections are at least somewhat OK vs the Mary Jane stuff, but I don't really like his character arc much. Decent game, but dimished return.

Curious to see how the next Ghost of Tsushima ends up.

Fbh

Does Sony hate games from Studio Japan

24153.gif
tumblr_ok4hxbsEHG1ukholjo1_r1_540.gif
s8BjPvA.gif

tumblr_msq99xXMDI1rbispdo1_400.gif

The ones I really don't get are Bloodborne and Demon Souls.
Dark Souls is big on PC, Elden Ring was big on PC, recent souls-likes like Lies of P did well on PC.
There's obviously a big audience that would instantly buy these games.

Instead it's like "here is the newest Ratchet and Clank, a franchise that has never been on Pc and basically no one was asking for on PC"

Topher

Gold Member
Rag was quite a leap down from GoW 2018 for me. I platinumed the 2018 game but by the time Rag was done, I was done. I really just couldn't force myself to play it any more, even for the platinum.

This is never happening unless they start porting them less than 2 years later.

It depends on the cadence of their releases. Sony released 5 ports in 2022 but only 3 in 2023. What PS5 games they have now that are around or more than 2 years old waiting to be ported to PC? GT7 and Demon's. Can't think of nothing else. Spider 2 is barely 6 months old. This year is looking to be another slow year for PS5 releases. The gaps will come but we don't know if Sony is interested in porting older games to PC, if they see money in that.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Isn't the 21 million number still one of the best Playstation years ever?
Yes. But they also missed their target by 4 fucking million units. This is not within margin of error kind of miss. It was followed immediately by Sony CEO ripping them a new one, followed immediately by Playstation laying off 900 employees and shutting down a studio and cancelling multiple games. Literally what happened with Microsoft this week.
Of course, but the truth has never stopped Slimy from spreading fallacies.
The fuck? How is linking Sony's own sales figures and their own estimates spreading a fallacy? It is literally posting facts lmao.

I find it hilarious that I called this when MS started porting X1 games to PC and had the same reaction from xbox zealots. Their sales took a nosedive, but ardent MS fanboys were convinced that was not due to the PC ports. Then XSX came out and continued the sales trend despite being the most powerful console and Xbox fanboys continued to make excuses accusing me of concern trolling. Now the same thing is happening with Playstation and history repeats itself.

You continue living in your delusion just like xbots did until this week. It will take time, but time will prove me right. In microsoft's case, quantum break PC port was announced in 2016 and day one ports were announced in 2018 so I had to wait 6-8 years to be proven right, I am willing to wait for this too.

Just dont accuse me of lying when I have history on my side and actual fucking sales estimates straight from sony. Especially when you are the one spreading shit about ps5 io while confusing shader stutters with traversal stutters, and then instead of admitting you were wrong about your IO claims when proven wrong by UE5.4 performance upgrades, you go into other threads spreading even more shit. be a man and say you got it wrong.

nial

It depends on the cadence of their releases. Sony released 5 ports in 2022 but only 3 in 2023. What PS5 games they have now that are around or more than 2 years old waiting to be ported to PC? GT7 and Demon's. Can't think of nothing else. Spider 2 is barely 6 months old. This year is looking to be another slow year for PS5 releases. The gaps will come but we don't know if Sony is interested in porting older games to PC, if they see money in that.
As for bolded, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade are already more than enough for 2026 ports, not to mention that they won't be as needed as before with Sony finally starting their day 1 on PC GaaS releases.
God of War Ragnarok will not be hitting PC until late 2024, which should already give you The Last of Us Part II Remastered and Spider-Man 2 in 2025, in addition to whatever live service game they're releasing that year. I'm honestly not so sure at this point if Gran Turismo 7 and Demon's Souls are getting ported, not that it really matters.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Keeps chipping away at reasons to own a playstation.......but I guess they won't care once the playstation pc store launches. (Next year I suspect?)

As for bolded, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade are already more than enough for 2026 ports, not to mention that they won't be as needed as before with Sony finally starting their day 1 on PC GaaS releases.
God of War Ragnarok will not be hitting PC until late 2024, which should already give you The Last of Us Part II Remastered and Spider-Man 2 in 2025, in addition to whatever live service game they're releasing that year. I'm honestly not so sure at this point if Gran Turismo 7 and Demon's Souls are getting ported, not that it really matters.

Ronin and Stellar Blade are not PS Studios games so I very much doubt Sony will have anything to do with their PC ports. Now that Sony is linking PC games to PSN I think GT7 might finally come. Demon's will come at some point, Ghost is also a really late port. But my point stands, there will be opportunities for Sony to release catalog games if they want to because they won't have enough newer games to fill 3-5 PC ports per year.

nial

Ronin and Stellar Blade are not PS Studios games
They literally are.
so I very much doubt Sony will have anything to do with their PC ports.
Based on practically nothing. Sackboy: A Big Adventure was also an externally-developed game. I listed all the PS Studios XDEV JP producers that worked on Stellar Blade a week ago, almost all of them used to be WWS Japan Studio staff.
Bumping this, now that we know who are the producers of the game. All from PS Studios Japan.
-Kazuma Kizuka, former Japan Studio Internal Development Department producer, previously credited on The Last Guardian, Shadow of the Colossus 2018, Demon's Souls 2020 and Rise of the Ronin.
-Edward Saito, also from Japan Studio IDD, previously credited on Astro's Playroom, Demon's Souls 2020 and Rise of the Ronin (as a producer).
-Junho Lee, who looks like a new employee from SIE, was previously credited on Rise of the Ronin as part of special thanks.
-Arnaud Saint-Martin, senior director on Stellar Blade (and Rise of the Ronin), also from Japan Studio IDD, previously credited on Freedom Wars, The Last Guardian and Astro's Playroom.
Man, this.is literally a Japan Studio game in the same vein of Oreshika, Bloodborne, Everybody's Golf and the like. Even Nicolas Doucet from Team Asobi is part of the special thanks section, and then you have Risa Koizumi (office and operations support), being credited all the way back to Jeanne d'Arc in 2006.
But my point stands
I don't think so.
there will be opportunities for Sony to release catalog games if they want to because they won't have enough newer games to fill 3-5 PC ports per year.
I already explained why having more than 2 or so late PC ports each year is not as important as before; day 1 GaaS already makes up for that.

Last edited:
They literally are.

Based on practically nothing. Sackboy: A Big Adventure was also an externally-developed game. I listed all the PS Studios XDEV JP producers that worked on Stellar Blade a week ago, almost all of them used to be WWS Japan Studio staff.

I don't think so.

I already explained why having more than 2 or so late PC ports each year is not as important as before, day 1 GaaS already makes up for that.

Ok dude, time will tell.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Yes. But they also missed their target by 4 fucking million units. This is not within margin of error kind of miss. It was followed immediately by Sony CEO ripping them a new one, followed immediately by Playstation laying off 900 employees and shutting down a studio and cancelling multiple games. Literally what happened with Microsoft this week.
The ports started in 2020 but we’re supposed to believe that suddenly their customers woke up in 2023 and decided to go PC?
The fuck? How is linking Sony's own sales figures and their own estimates spreading a fallacy? It is literally posting facts lmao.
It’s an association fallacy. Same thing happened with NVIDIA and AMD following the shortages. They couldn’t maintain those insane numbers but still projected similar sales and completely missed the mark.

And that’s despite the AI chips sales still going strong.

AMD was also reportedly down something like 38% YoY. This is the post-pandemic settling in, but you choose to go "hur hur, 2-year-old PC ports hurting them like Xbox". Nonsense.
I find it hilarious that I called this when MS started porting X1 games to PC and had the same reaction from xbox zealots. Their sales took a nosedive,
We’ve been over this and you’re either dishonest or lying. Their sales took a nosedive following the Kinect fad and again in 2015 (when they stopped reporting them out of embarrassment). Both instances were before the PC ports. At no point do their sales coming crashing down coincided with Day 1 PC releases. You make this argument in every thread whenever the occasion arrives but have precious nothing to back you up.
but ardent MS fanboys were convinced that was not due to the PC ports. Then XSX came out and continued the sales trend despite being the most powerful console and Xbox fanboys continued to make excuses accusing me of concern trolling. Now the same thing is happening with Playstation and history repeats itself.
Not even close. Xbox has had mediocre exclusives for over a decade. This is what did them in, not PC ports.
You continue living in your delusion just like xbots did until this week. It will take time, but time will prove me right. In microsoft's case, quantum break PC port was announced in 2016 and day one ports were announced in 2018 so I had to wait 6-8 years to be proven right, I am willing to wait for this too.
Except Xbox sales going down haven’t proven you right because they had been declining years before they ported their games to PC Day 1. They even saw a surge upon the Series’ launches, only to go down again, something that wouldn’t have happened because it had been several years since they had begun porting their games to PC day and date.

The reality is Sony, unlike Xbox, has well-received exclusives that drive the sales of their platforms. They also usually wait around 2 years to port major 1st-party games. By that point, the sales on consoles have dramatically slowed down and they’ve captured most of the console userbase. People willing to wait 2 years for their games weren’t interested in their consoles to begin with and those who were turned away from them as a result have numbers that are insignificant.

This is nothing like Xbox Day 1 ports, so you trying to equate them is nothing short of moronic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom