• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Those playing the Vita version on new FW 2.60, can someone try playing the front 9 holes of Harvest Hills with the Traditional Shot gauge and see if the meter stutters for them? I don't know if it was always there or not but it certainly threw me off when I did my round.

guys, if i buy this on PS3, can i have it for Vita too?

If you're asking about Cross-buy, that only applies to the DLC. The games are separate. The Vita DLC pack seems to be stand-alone as well.

krae_man

Finally got an Albatross today. I haven't got an albatross since Hot Shots 3. That bird has been my nemesis for years.

Also, What the hell is up with the tournament schedule? I'm G2 and there have been several times where there is a hour long or more gap between G2 tournaments. How hard is it to have another tournament timed to start inside 10 minutes of the last one ending?

winjet81

Those playing the Vita version on new FW 2.60, can someone try playing the front 9 holes of Harvest Hills with the Traditional Shot gauge and see if the meter stutters for them? I don't know if it was always there or not but it certainly threw me off when I did my round.

If you're asking about Cross-buy, that only applies to the DLC. The games are separate. The Vita DLC pack seems to be stand-alone as well.

Yeah, my meter's been stuttering, but I've still been able to keep my pi at 60-70% over the last couple of days and won a G2 tournament in the process.

Have all Vita owners had their save file corrupted since the last update?

It's weird, because the save file still loads as usual, and my progress in the challenge mode is still as it should be, but the character select screen only shows about 5 characters, and almost all the clubs and balls are locked.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have all Vita owners had their save file corrupted since the last update?

It's weird, because the save file still loads as usual, and my progress in the challenge mode is still as it should be, but the character select screen only shows about 5 characters, and almost all the clubs and balls are locked.

I didn't, but there was someone on GameFAQs that had their save "deleted."

Basically if you're updating the portable version back your save up before you update to be on the safe side.

I didn't, but there was someone on GameFAQs that had their save "deleted."

Basically if you're updating the portable version back your save up before you update to be on the safe side.

It's weird, because mine didn't get deleted, but it's not the same as it was before.

TheSeks

It's weird, because mine didn't get deleted, but it's not the same as it was before.

try backing the save up, deleting the update (or the game, forget if you can delete just patches) and then put the save back on. See if it works like normal. If so, back the save up. Update and then put the save back on from the cloud/whatever you backed up to and see if that works?

May be something in the patch process screwing the auto-load reading.

krae_man

Finally Made G1. I managed to win a G2 tournament on the back of a legit Hole in One, Then finished second in my next tournament. After that all I needed to do is place and I managed to do that in my second tourney after the 2nd.

I don't know how people do it rocking Kat and other characters going for Power at the expense of everything else. I can't imagine playing the game with a E for impact and a B or C for control. I've tried it a few times and I just cant do it.

I usually go for as much power as I can get with a C for impact and a A for control. The A control limits the negative consequences of turtles and rabbits, and makes holing <30yd chips a breeze. There are tons of characters you can do this with and have power in the 275yd range which makes 90% of the Par 5's and most of short Par 4's reachable in under regulation.

I started paying more attention to where I place my approach shots and it has made a world of difference. I used to just boom it as far as I could. Hitting it shorter to take obstacles out of way or leave you on a flat part of the fairway instead of an angled part is doing wonders for me.

I'm going to start working on green slopes next. I have noticed during the "100% GIR" crown challenges where I aimed for the centre of the green instead of the flag, some of my approach shots rolled 6 feet from the hole.

The things you figure out after 100+ hours of play :lol

winjet81

Won my second G1 tourney in a row last night and got to G0 .

-10 score to complete the Kagurayama 9-hole out Long-Tee, Superstorm Tourney.

What an adventure with 35 MPH cross-winds to navigate through.

Feels good.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game is so much better on PS3 than Vita... guess I'm just not a handheld guy or something. I really enjoyed it on Vita, but so glad to have it on PS3 now. Really nice surprise that the DLC was crossbuy... I logged into the store expecting to pay for it again, but it was free! Nice.

krae_man

I got demoted back to G2. But this second round of G2 is way easier then the first go around. I got a first and a 2nd last night so all I need is a place to go back up to G1 which I'll do tonight.

TheSeks

This game is so much better on PS3 than Vita... guess I'm just not a handheld guy or something. I really enjoyed it on Vita, but so glad to have it on PS3 now. Really nice surprise that the DLC was crossbuy... I logged into the store expecting to pay for it again, but it was free! Nice.

Did you turn off backtouch? I turned that off and never had issues with the game after that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Did you turn off backtouch? I turned that off and never had issues with the game after that.

I don't even know what backtouch does on Vita, honestly... so it didn't impact my experience one way or another.

But, really, I just don't find the Vita very comfortable to hold for any length of time. After an hour with hotshots, my thumb knuckle would ache (so weird) I think from hitting X so much and just the way I was holding it. I bought a grip, but I didn't like it much.

The bigger screen and comfortable DS3 are the main differences... I guess Hotshots is just a game I prefer on the TV/console.

On a different note, does anyone have the crown list for PS4? It's different than Vita!

krae_man

I don't even know what backtouch does on Vita, honestly... so it didn't impact my experience one way or another.

But, really, I just don't find the Vita very comfortable to hold for any length of time. After an hour with hotshots, my thumb knuckle would ache (so weird) I think from hitting X so much and just the way I was holding it. I bought a grip, but I didn't like it much.

The bigger screen and comfortable DS3 are the main differences... I guess Hotshots is just a game I prefer on the TV/console.

On a different note, does anyone have the crown list for PS4? It's different than Vita!

There's a list here:

http://www.booyagadget.com/2013/08/...s-golf-world-invitational-challenge-mode.html

gillty

Banned
Anyone have the Japanese release? I've heard the population on servers is much larger on the JP server.

Considering importing it, Japanese language is not a problem, cost is steep though, but I'm a fiend for this game.

Ostinatto

i'm getting this:
"cannot enter the tournament as entry conditions have not been met"
in the last two tournaments.

what is the requirements for those?

This has probably been addressed but I'm a lazy bum, how are the graphics on the PS3 version?

Since it supports 1080p, I want to assume that it looks better than its kind of blurry Vita counterpart (though I get used to it after a few holes)

Kweh

How do you unlock the Platinum Rank? I have come 1st in all of the other courses and beaten the 'head to head' matches. Do I need 'Complete Victory' for all of the head to heads?

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
i need a tutorial about how to get all crowns?

5-5 silver rank al arabian golf club crown is impossible !!! :(
GIR on 18 holes?

I got this game during that $5 sale (for PS3) a couple months ago and still play it a little bit each day, it is awesome!

Just... wanted to say that I love it a lot. Yay HSG!

dock

I hope necroing this thread is okay, but I have a question! (Vita version)

I bought the Erika DLC character, and it installed, but I don't see it in the character select. How do I use it?

Also, is there a way to control whether I apply spin to the ball? (This is my first golf game since Pangya on Wii)

I hope necroing this thread is okay, but I have a question! (Vita version)

I bought the Erika DLC character, and it installed, but I don't see it in the character select. How do I use it?

Also, is there a way to control whether I apply spin to the ball? (This is my first golf game since Pangya on Wii)

I can't remember but maybe check that you downloaded the correct DLC? Either that or you may need to buy her with the in-game points in the in-game shop.

Snowballo

I got all the crowns on regular courses a few years ago.

Can you confirm that the new courses have not any crown to obtain? :(
So what is the reason to have them on your system? Just to practice?

Ostinatto

i have 2 crowns left to get:

Platinum Rank
7-2 Green in Regulation 100% and Win.

Vs. Isaac Win with consecutive Birdies.

cant find the videos on youtube, how is crown in japanese?, there is a lot of japanese videos on youtube.

help :(

Top Bottom