• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What's with all this DLC for this game? Can you unlock all that in the game or do you have to buy it? It sounds like it would give you quite an advantage online.
Also, can you transfer your save from the Vita version or do you have to start over again?

No. Level 4/5 Balls/Clubs are DLC only. Level 3 can be bought in-game, but why do that when you can just buy the Level 5 Ball/Clubs to be on par with online? I dunno if they have the ability to turn them off online (yet?) but I'll check later today.

DLC courses and characters are worth it though. Add in the Level 5 Big Magnum Club and maybe the Infinity Ball with Kat and you're nearly maxxing out the range (so like 400 yards) but have to control your weakened impact (from C default to like F?)

Cross-save is no. It's cross-play and cross-buy (DLC ONLY!) though.

However if you already own the portable version you get some lobby parts and a reduced shop discount to make unlocking things faster. AFAIK owning the PS3 version doesn't allow the reverse (shop discount on the portable version). BUT ONLY FOR THE ACCOUNT THAT OWNS THE PORTABLE VERSION. So the same one you're playing the PS3 version with. You also are part of the "VIP" slots for tournaments online so if it gains a full 30/30 you can join with one of the extra 5 slots for that tournament if you hurry.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Cross-save is no. It's cross-play and cross-buy (DLC ONLY!) though.

Is this only for "new" DLC? I bought the Kat and Northern Fox Club DLC on the Vita, but the store doesn't show them as free for the PS3 version for me. Or is it because I bought that DLC bundle?

Is this only for "new" DLC? I bought the Kat and Northern Fox Club DLC on the Vita, but the store doesn't show them as free for the PS3 version for me. Or is it because I bought that DLC bundle?

I have the same issue. The Kat costume and character don't even show as purchased for me, even though I have it!

I played a bunch of the Vita verision at first and was waiting for ranked online tournaments. I kind of stopped after I herad it was coming to PS3.

I starting cranking away on the ps3 last night and I really do love this game. I think I just enjoy it more playing on my big screen. Clear the first 3 challenge levels and I was disappointed that I could not go online last night. I can't wait to get back into online play.
I sailed right into G0 last time but then I couldn't ever win a tournament. It was too hard to play without at least one mistake.

I'm not thrilled about the level 4 and 5 balls in DLC. I think it goes against this game to buy higher end equipment; you should have to earn it somehow.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
level 4&5 DLC blows goats, but the rest of this game is on point

i want in on a tourny!!

psn id: cool_calm_jon

TheSeks

Sony's been having issues with cross-buy for months now. My DOA5 DLC wasn't cross-buy until I contacted Tecmo/Sony. So you should contact Sony about it.

I bought the Kat bundle and Northern Fox Club DLC on PS3 - could download the course on Vita, but the Kat bundle doesn't seem to have been picked up, even though it says it's a cross-buy in the description...

I'm going to start crushing the online when I get home today.
I'm up for any GAF tournaments as well.
If you want to add me, just send the invite with you GAF id.
I've been getting lots of blank invites lately and I don't know where they come from.

Steroyd

The lobby is the best thig ever it's basically Super Mario.

Love how I get props for playing the crap out of the World Tour.

The lobby is the best thig ever it's basically Super Mario.

Love how I get props for playing the crap out of the World Tour.

The nest part of the lobby to me is that there is some way to get out of the boundaries and behind walls.

So I just got home and connected. If anyone didn't know, having bought both games gives you the VIP pass. Several benefits, but the best seems to be that you can enter lobbies and tournaments that are already full!

TheSeks

Well, I can confirm level 4 DLC clubs/balls aren't required to buy. You can just skip to level 5. In the US version. Apparently the Japanese version REQUIRES you to buy the level 4 content, so...

Note if you bought those it'll stop bitching about you not being able to use the level 4-5 balls/clubs that you didn't buy. Same for Kat's outfit. If you have it it won't bitch. So yeah...

Steroyd

Just a clarification, the DLC that comes with the PS3 version is the Sakura course?

Was hoping to download the PS3 version of the DLC bundle, but the bundle isonly for the Vita atm.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hmmm i guess i should buy a level 5 ball and club

-_-

/part of the problem

btw anyone want to meet up at the 3rd animal club lobby at 8:30 est?

TheSeks

Just a clarification, the DLC that comes with the PS3 version is the Sakura course?

Was hoping to download the PS3 version of the DLC bundle, but the bundle isonly for the Vita atm.

Just buy the bundle it's cross-buy?

Also wow Insightful Impact is kinda shitty. You get into the rhythm of perfect impacts that way but it hides your putts. Seriously seriously harder than real golf mode.

krae_man

Okay I've totally lost all my skills. Turtles everywhere :lol

I've also lost my touch on the green. I'm going to have to redo the entire challenge mode to get my skills back.

Is anyone else's name cut off?

My name is krae_.. yet there are several players on the leaderboard with more then 7 characters in their name, not to mention tons of room on the screen to post names way longer 8 characters long.

krae_man

I should definitely buy this but I still remember getting destroyed by Bob and Astrolad years ago.

Oh you will still get destroyed. Did my first daily. It's a 9 hole and I shot -9 good for 265th out of 1000 or so :lol Winner was probably somewhere around -13.

The slot mode is neat, That's a great "party mode" for online lobbies

I should definitely buy this but I still remember getting destroyed by Bob and Astrolad years ago.

I was much better at Out of Bounds than this one. The shots just don't work the same way now.

I tried to play online tonight but every ranked game I could enter was slot mode and unofficial.

I was much better at Out of Bounds than this one. The shots just don't work the same way now.

If you're having problems with it that means I'll need divine intervention to get to level 2 lol.

Oh you will still get destroyed. Did my first daily. It's a 9 hole and I shot -9 good for 265th out of 1000 or so :lol Winner was probably somewhere around -13.

The slot mode is neat, That's a great "party mode" for online lobbies

Oh I'm very aware it's gonna be really ugly. And since sometimes I have horrible self restraint I just bought it and I'm downloading now.
Feel free to add me on PSN: devil_chicken.

Steroyd

Just buy the bundle it's cross-buy?

The only reason I'm prodding about it is because I read that the PS3 version comes with some DLC.

Okay I've totally lost all my skills. Turtles everywhere :lol

Depends which shot meter you use, the circle impact one, is alot more harsh and leaves barely any room for error almost PI or bust, I've got a 40% average on the Vita, but 15% average on the PS3, can't wait till I unlock the advanced shot. :|

The only reason I'm prodding about it is because I read that the PS3 version comes with some DLC.

Depends which shot meter you use, the circle impact one, is alot more harsh and leaves barely any room for error almost PI or bust, I've got a 40% average on the Vita, but 15% average on the PS3, can't wait till I unlock the advanced shot. :|

Strange, that's my preferred shot type on Vita and now PS3. I tried the others but found them to be far trickier to use, especially the triangle shot.

I found my average was a lot higher on the Vita than the PS3 I put this down to screen lag as I was cutting balls all over the place.

I had forgotten that lobby tournaments can be played by ps3 or vita players. There were already people with maxed out high end characters and equipment crushing me. My stats on the vita were better but I always had a hard time playing with the smaller screen.

I did discover that you can't play vita players if you create your own custom game in the lobby. That's a shame.....

I really need to work on shot selection. It doesn't do you any wood to get it to the green if you end up having to putt across a 45 degree angle downhill lol

krae_man

Is there anywhere that shows you the stats for the Level 5 balls and clubs?

It tells you "Power increases, but impact decreased" etc but I want to see more detail.

Is there anywhere that shows you the stats for the Level 5 balls and clubs?

It tells you "Power increases, but impact decreased" etc but I want to see more detail.

When I got into the ''balls' catagory in the shop I saw stat line for the increas and decrease. That was only for balls bought in the game though so I'm not sure if that works for the higher up ones.

Also, I just noticed that the crown requirements are different for the ps3 version. I tried to use my list from the Vita version but it's not working. I've only gotten a few and it's been for totally different accomplishments.

krae_man

When I got into the ''balls' catagory in the shop I saw stat line for the increas and decrease. That was only for balls bought in the game though so I'm not sure if that works for the higher up ones.

That's exactly what I want to see, but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere on the PlayStation store.

TheSeks

have a game of 4 playing right now. if any one wants to join!!!

bear room. lobby 1

Oh man, I must've missed you making my own room. I had seven(!) people join my SUPAH CASUAL room on Maple Leaf 1-9 holes.

I did Tornado Cup [3m] and Auto-Perfect Impact. Was pretty fun(ny) to play. Everyone was nearly -20 on it due to getting hole in ones or double/eagles.

I think I'm going to do some more of those later on. It's a shame you can't set special rules like that in offline because that'd be my shit right there even if it wasn't "official" to the stats. Who gives a shit? It's totally fun to nail a hole within inches and have the ball get sucked in to Eagles.

(IT'S ALSO GOOD FOR POINT GRINDING!)

I kinda wish the slot rule of "show wind direction" was a special rule you could set outside of slot mode because it's a good learning tool for wind speeds, I feel.

Soup Bar

Just picked this up for PS3 today. Pretty good for 20 bucks. The lobbies are pretty weird. Kind of reminds of of the old Dead or Alvie 4 lobbies where somebody could be a fish, and just flip around the room. Haven't gotten to play an online match yet. Can't wait to get destroyed.

krae_man

Just finished bronze and I'm up to level 13. Game's AI is still as broken and BS as ever. I unlocked the first crown match play on the amateur tier and it was a points match. First two holes they miss their birdie putt and I win without no problem. Third hole I stick it inside 3 feet and they miss the green, then hit the chip in and beat me by about 10 points. 4th hole? Exact same thing happens again, I hit it inside 6 feet, they miss the green but nail the chip in and I lose the hole on points again. Grrr.

That crap's annoying.

If I were purchasing balls and clubs, can I get away with just buying the lv5 versions, or will the game demand I have the lv4 equivalents before I can use them?

krae_man

On the second hole of the daily yesterday I drove the green and stuck it inside 3 feet for an easy tap in eagle. Then I bogeyed the par 5 next hole :lol

So close yet so far.

Oh man, I must've missed you making my own room. I had seven(!) people join my SUPAH CASUAL room on Maple Leaf 1-9 holes.

I did Tornado Cup [3m] and Auto-Perfect Impact. Was pretty fun(ny) to play. Everyone was nearly -20 on it due to getting hole in ones or double/eagles.

I think I'm going to do some more of those later on. It's a shame you can't set special rules like that in offline because that'd be my shit right there even if it wasn't "official" to the stats. Who gives a shit? It's totally fun to nail a hole within inches and have the ball get sucked in to Eagles.

(IT'S ALSO GOOD FOR POINT GRINDING!)

I kinda wish the slot rule of "show wind direction" was a special rule you could set outside of slot mode because it's a good learning tool for wind speeds, I feel.

ah interesting - is that DLC? i've never seen an option for auto-perfect impact.

are we PSN friends? i forget if we've played together. we had a pretty equal group of 4 going last night. will try to set up another group room soon.

my psn is wutdaheckman - in case arent freinds send an FR!

any other hot shot golfers feel free to add me as well.

Soup Bar

I wouldn't mind getting a game together some time. Never played this online, so I'm going to get killed but that's cool. PSN is Priestfact

krae_man

ah interesting - is that DLC? i've never seen an option for auto-perfect impact.

are we PSN friends? i forget if we've played together. we had a pretty equal group of 4 going last night. will try to set up another group room soon.

my psn is wutdaheckman - in case arent freinds send an FR!

any other hot shot golfers feel free to add me as well.

I think Easy mode has auto perfect impact. Your power is neutered greatly as well as a trade off.

TheSeks

I'm on and made a Tornado Cup [3m] and Auto Perfect-Impact room but no one is joining. :(

Top Bottom