• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just nailed an Eagle + Tornado Cup. Was interesting having to nail my impacts. Got a really insane shot off a sandtrap into a chip-in because of it.

I'll make a room in 15 mins if anyone is checking the thread. I'll do another Auto-Perfect Impact and Tornado Cup [3m] because I still need another 5,000 or so points to get one of the golfers unlocked.

TheSeks

Made a Tornado Cup [3m] and Auto Perfect Impact. Join up!

TheSeks

Again, make a room with Tornado Cup and Auto Perfect Impact and I'll find it and join. Triangle->Multiplayer Room->create->New Real Mode->Maple Leaf 9 in/out/18 hole->HSG rules: Tornado Cup/Auto Impact->Round timer: Extra Long->Create (NOT SLOT)

Soup Bar

Again, make a room with Tornado Cup and Auto Perfect Impact and I'll find it and join. Triangle->Multiplayer Room->create->New Real Mode->Maple Leaf 9 in/out/18 hole->HSG rules: Tornado Cup/Auto Impact->Round timer: Extra Long->Create (NOT SLOT)

Done. Sorry for the delay.

TheSeks

Huh, same thing. I'm not seeing your room. I'm seeing anything but Tornado and Auto Impact.

Are you on PS3? Maybe they locked the versions out of each others multiplayer rooms which is weird as tournaments are cross-play.

Soup Bar

Yeah you know what. I did see something scroll about how PS3 can't play with Vita, which I didn't even think of at the time. So yeah I'm on PS3.

krae_man

I changed my mind, I hate slots mode. I always get negative status effects or neutral ones. Unlimited power shots on a par 3? Gee thanks.

TheSeks

I changed my mind, I hate slots mode. I always get negative status effects or neutral ones. Unlimited power shots on a par 3? Gee thanks.

:lol That's why hardly anyone played it before the PS3 version launched. It's truly a "luck of the draw" mode. You can have a good run, you can have a terrible run. It's why I'm hoping some of the better rules (like Tornado Cup and Auto Perfect Impact) become HSG rules and they allow you to do slot/individual rules offline in both versions.

It's what I'm holding out for.
Besides porting Toro and Sackboy to this version.
I can't care about the Yakuza dude. Just give me these for offline play.

krae_man

I wouldn't mind it if it had crazy rubber banding where the leader always gets stuff like bunker +2 and gale force winds, and the last place person gets +50 power shot and tornado cup.

But no it's completely random and my luck sucks.

TheSeks

Oh man, if you're bitching about luck you're going to be totally bitching about tiny cup or impossible pin if you join one of those rooms. :lol

krae_man

Show shot trajectory is pretty neat. I got that and Double mega cup once and had my approach shot land right in the cup
then bounce out and stop 12 feet away :(

TheSeks

Yes, there's some interesting casual/learning options in slot mode that should be allowed in the custom room/offline modes. Why they haven't done it, I'll never know.

DireStr8s

sorry if its been asked a ton but is it possible to do 1 vs.1 against a friend in real time with mics?

edit: nevermind, i see a patch added stroke mode. alright, going for it.

TheSeks

18 hole slots tourneys are the best :)

Enjoy your two hour tournament. :(

I just did a Standard only one for the first time. Was pretty interesting to have to think of distance and some other things you take for granted using Big Air/Magnum and the Big Air ball/club.

AEREC

Just bought this for Vita yesterday and love it already. I'm not ready to go online yet...but is it easy to find a game?

TheSeks

Just bought this for Vita yesterday and love it already. I'm not ready to go online yet...but is it easy to find a game?

Since the launch some tournaments have been 30/30 whereas you were lucky to get 10 before that point.

So, yes. But you should just go online and get your ass kicked for points anyway. It's good learning to see where some shots people do land in addition to nothing gained from going online besides stupid tournament points that don't matter anyway.

gillty

Banned
Tornado Cup Tournament (^。^)
image74kb8.jpg

TheSeks

GAH! I keep missing those. It's either stupid slots or G2+ tournaments people join. WHY CAN'T I JUST TORNADO CUP!? ;___;

krae_man

Worked my way through a bunch of the Crown Challenges. I beat the Gold tier so I have the list visable. Some of these are going to be a pain in the ass. Of course the 100% GIR and Fairway hit crowns are on 18 hole courses.

I'm down to 8 crowns left to finish the Vita version, and just reached Pro rank on the PS3 version with 2 Crowns so far.
The PS3 challenge mode incorporates the Vita DLC in, no wonder it feels different, playing courses I've never played before.

krae_man

Are there new Platinum tournaments in the PS3 version? I don't recall there being 6 18 hole tournaments each with a different shot type requirement on top of the match play.

Those are going to suck. Especially the Crown conditions which are of course the burtal ones like 100% GIR, stay out of the rough etc.

TheSeks

So I got 5000 or so more points I need before I can get the next character from the store. No one joins my room. WHY.jpg

I'm currently suffering with Tendinitis in my left thumb/wrist, which has really interrupted my gaming this past week.

I haven't yet, but I could still play Everybody's Golf, but I'll not be able to add spin, which will fuck up my game big time.

krae_man

Just won my first online tournament. So happy I finally put together a solid -10 round with no screw ups. Now to get my ass handed to me in G2 :lol

I keep messing up on the dailies. I went for the Aquaduct and but my ball fell down the crack 1/2 way through grrr.

Side question: Has anyone had tournado's stop working for no apparent reason on them? I did a 9 foot tornado cup and no wind lobby for kicks and twice during the round My approach shot landed inside the 9 foot ring and the ball spun around the cup once, then the tornado went away and my ball stopped about 6 feet away from the cup.

TheSeks

Side question: Has anyone had tournado's stop working for no apparent reason on them? I did a 9 foot tornado cup and no wind lobby for kicks and twice during the round My approach shot landed inside the 9 foot ring and the ball spun around the cup once, then the tornado went away and my ball stopped about 6 feet away from the cup.

Yeah. It seems there's a time limit or "rotation" limit or something on those tornados. I've had it happen like three times or so and playing Tornado Cup cross-game tournaments have seen a few PS3 "WTF"s as well.

krae_man

Okay Slots mode tournaments are ticking me off.

When I'm in the lead, I never get manageable negative conditions like Bunker +1, or Min Lie. I always get brutal stuff like Meanie Gauge or Rough +2 and Gale force wind combo.

When I'm at the back of the pack, I never get Tornado cups, I always get worthless stuff like Show wind speed, or Power shot +50y on a Par 3.

When I manage to stay in the middle of the pack and finish with a decent score, I either get beat out by someone with a 9ft tornado on the par 5 last hole, or I get beat by someone who lucks into manageable conditions the entire round and finishes like -12.

Top Bottom