• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

finally got the homing shot after lke the tenth time. i switched to the super spin ball and it did that backwards spin after it lands every time when before it was random. i thought this was why it worked but i did it again and it didnt work the second time very odd.

Number45

Yeah, like I said it's not easy to predict when it'll happen. Congrats anyway! ^_^

BlindMonkey and I are through the first 6 holes:

1H5osdj.jpg

He edge it the first couple of holes.

Number45

I think that's been the difference in most if not all of my matches. I can do better if I take risks (which I'm doing in all of the 1-5 grinding) , but there's a chance I screw up a hole so I just dial it back to the point that the chances of not getting a birdie are pretty small.

Helps that my putting is solid, because my approach game is far from perfect.

moogrose

When's the next tourney? Also, to the tourney creator, has your new child been born yet? Congrats if so!

I think we'll start putting a list together shortly for a new tourney... Once the final is wrapping up.

My second is wreaking havoc on her poor mother, and has so far not shown any signs of wanting to come out into the world. Any day now... Else we'll go in and get her :) thanks!

Number45

I think we'll start putting a list together shortly for a new tourney... Once the final is wrapping up.
I'm waiting for BlindMonkey to play his 11th hole at the moment. Hopefully shouldn't take too long, but I'm away at the moment so can only check in a few times a day.

I'm waiting for BlindMonkey to play his 11th hole at the moment. Hopefully shouldn't take too long, but I'm away at the moment so can only check in a few times a day.

Sorry I'm working 6am till 2pm this week, spent all yesterday afternoon/evening with sisters and nephews, then worked this morning, just played my go.

No problem, I'm not getting much of a chance to check in either. Tethering from my phone is a lifesaver!

Your last message "Almost >_<" had me going in really nervous, I was thinking "Almost an Ace?, almost an Eagle?, what is it?
Then I saw it was actually a miss that could help me out and I became even more nervous that I'd completely mess up that opportunity lol

Jucksalbe

Banned
I did a -7 in today's Daily Tournament. I'm pretty proud of myself, the highest rank I could get so far was at 49%, so this should be a lot better (temp. rank was at 49th of 200something). Can't wait for the results.
At what time does the tournament usually update?

Number45

Your last message "Almost >_<" had me going in really nervous, I was thinking "Almost an Ace?, almost an Eagle?, what is it?
Then I saw it was actually a miss that could help me out and I became even more nervous that I'd completely mess up that opportunity lol
It's crazy how much better (worse?) the asynchronous play makes the game. I had to quit Pure Chess because I couldn't handle the pressure.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I did a -7 in today's Daily Tournament. I'm pretty proud of myself, the highest rank I could get so far was at 49%, so this should be a lot better (temp. rank was at 49th of 200something). Can't wait for the results.
At what time does the tournament usually update?

I think it updates at 12PM Pacific.

DCX

DCX

My second is wreaking havoc on her poor mother, and has so far not shown any signs of wanting to come out into the world. Any day now... Else we'll go in and get her :) thanks!
I'll be down..also I have a buddy who is a gaffer..although I'm not sure if he has been approved yet who love to play as well.

DCX

Number45

I don't see why that would be a problem, it's not your fault that the silly 100 friend limit exists.

0 > 1 : 18 holes
1 > 2 : 36 holes
2 > 3 : 72 holes
3 > M : 144 holes
For the sake of science, I've now confirmed that the first three levels are in fact:

2 > 3 : 54 holes

So I would imagine the last level comes about in 72 holes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Today is not my day golfing. Keep hitting bunkers from bunkers. :(

I played a lobby (BTW online seems to be jumping slightly tonight. 6-32 players in a lobby with one match going at times) with a huge pin/cup. That's kinda hilarious since you have VERY much room for error in putting but it didn't stop me from hitting unplayable/OB's to a +5 on the second level's course. :(

I don't see why that would be a problem, it's not your fault that the silly 100 friend limit exists.

For the sake of science, I've now confirmed that the first three levels are in fact:

2 > 3 : 54 holes

So I would imagine the last level comes about in 72 holes.

That sounds right. The lowest number of games I have within my character list with maxed loyalty is 10 (the big muscled guy with high power - but I prefer control :))

Number45

Yep, confirmed that yesterday. Only need to max Grace now and I'm done with that (again). I can't believe I've maxed loyalty with all characters twice now and I'm still waiting for that albatross. Got a pin shot and landed within about 50cm with super backspin with Pancho yesterday... but it was while playing the round that took me to level 3 loyalty. Game is legitimately trolling me now. :'(

On a brighter note, I finished my round with BlindMonkey last night. Another one that should have been closer - on the holes where we scored the same he outpointed me pretty much universally. :/

Also, weird anomaly:

TheSeks

So, is there anyway to export replays of shots somewhere or are you hosed?

Number45

There was a notice this morning about bringing the DLC courses into the daily rotation (I know it's been posted about before, I didn't catch all of the message). I assume people without it are screwed on those days.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Fucking killed it on the daily. Ended up with a -8, which could have been higher. I screwed up on one hole and got par and nearly had an eagle on the final hole. I ended up at 62nd at the end, but I'm sure it'll drop down a bit. Hoping I stay in the top 100. :p

Snowballo

Finally I got all the crowns!

I immediately bought the complete DLC (including 3 courses and 3 characters) but I sadly noticed that you don't have any challenge on the new courses, right? Are those just for practice and online play?

Thanks.

TheSeks

I still haven't unlocked crowns. Dunno when you get those? After Pancho?

Still haven't beaten him and I haven't seen any new courses to unlock to practice on either. Oy.

Number45

You don't see the crown requirements until you've completed the platinum tier, but you can earn them at any time by fulfilling them as you play normally. You can find the requirements online if you want to try for them as you progress, it's up to you.

You need to beat each tiers VS before you can access the next tier.

moogrose

A little (lot) late, but:

Well done Number45!! (Let me know what region your PSN account is in and I'll pop you your winning code for a PSN voucher!)

wgjOkno.png

With that out of the way, who's up for a new tourney?

(Apologies for my lateness with this, i became a father for the second time and it's been a wild ride - but we're all settled in now)

moogrose

If you'd like to join the tourney, quote the last post and add your name (and PSN account if different)

Moogrose
DCX
jello44
Jucksalbe

Number45

First things first: congratulations moogrose! I know those feels. :)

Secondly I had no idea there was a prize involved. I'm based out of the UK.

Thirdly,

moogrose
DCX (DCXgaf)
Jycksalbe
jello44 (jello4444)
Number45

Any thoughts about rules this time? Not necessarily EG rules, but perhaps being specific with the tier of course/character/equipment etc? Not that I mind, just thought evening out the playing field might help.

Fourthly, it's 23:00 on a Saturday night and I've just pitched up at work. Number45 am cry. :'(

andylsun

Up for another tourney.

moogrose
DCX (DCXgaf)
Jycksalbe
jello44 (jello4444)
Number45
Andylsun

Moogrose congratulations on the new arrival

Top Bottom