• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Number45

Geez, Kat's harder to use than I thought she'd be. "Oh, use an Expert character and blow through the game."

NOPE.
Yeah, all of the expert characters have their weak points. You need to overcome their weakness to get to their strengths. Expert = hard mode initially.

Yeah, all of the expert characters have their weak points. You need to overcome their weakness to get to their strengths. Expert = hard mode initially.

And that's how it should be and why I believe everybody's/hot shots golf is one of the best and most balanced sports games/simulations.

It's not a case of now I have the best character I'm going to win.
It's more a case of now I can hit it further but I'm more likely to screw up and the punishment will be greater.

Mr E.

Argh Andy could you send me another tourney invite. I selected Izzak, I was on automatic mode duh. I'd rather select someone else.
Sorry for messing you about.

I sent Mogroose an invite to northern fox country club also. Bundle still not available on PSN, 72 hour reply time if you want to wait a bit. I cracked and gave up waiting.

moogrose

I folded and bought the courses. Except now I can't get online due to the server maintenance!

Once it's back up I'll be in on the game and send you a match invite Andy.

Number45

Complete silence on the EU blog about the bundle. :(

Going to wait until they've responded or the blog post goes up next week, whichever is soonest.

moogrose

I have, in the space of 15 minutes, thrown away three games - one of which I really should have won easily. I really shouldn't play when tired... Although I'm still having fun :)

Edit: one of which is my play off game against mr E. argh.

Edit2: Eek - you gave me a gap and I blew it! I'm off to bed.

Well played Mr E. you're well on your way to the semi finals.

Mr E.

Craziest 3 holes ever played Mongroose.
I also won a match by default to icobelis after failing to respond to a shot after 72 hours. For those wondering it regesters as a win.

moogrose

What are the latest standings?

P.S. I bought the DLC if anyone wants to play those courses.

I'll send ya an invite for a casual game on one of the new courses!

Edit: results!

Mr E. wins the first play off match in group A, putting him him on top, again.

Group B second place is potentially still up for grabs, depending on the last group match between bearcatjosh and BlindMonkey.

And baxter2231 gets some points on the board!

IKghSj0.png

Number45

https://twitter.com/Envisager_/status/315021299120492544

Everybody's Golfers: Daily tournaments on VITA will start to reflect new DLC courses now that have been released this week

I've asked how that works for people that don't yet have the DLC (and mentioned the lack of bundle on the store).

Jucksalbe

Banned
They finally started answering questions on the PS blog. This one's about the EU bundle:

Posted on 22 March, 2013 at 9:41 am by Jawad Ashraf

The bundle has been pushed back to a later date unfortunately. Sorry!

Number45

What, the bundle is still in development or what? Lol c'mon.
Have to assume that they didn't intend to release the details now, but to make the bundle available later down the line. On the one hand I want to get the DLC and support the game, on the other I don't want to spend knowing I can save about 30% down the line. Principle. :/

Now that they've screwed up the announcement they may as well just release it.

moogrose

Final game of Group B between bearcatjosh and BlindMonkey has been completed.

Good game, some really unlucky shots for bearcatjosh after the first 4 holes were a tie.

Well well. That means BlindMonkey and bearcatjosh need to face off with a 3 hole play off for second place in group B!

BlindMonkey, since you won the last game you need to send the invite for three random holes on a course of your choosing. Good luck to you both!

Updated results:

7erFLjz.png

Allforce

Yeah - you got crazy good between our tourney game and casual game... I fear your further development!

I've always had a strange knack for golf games, going back to Mario Golf on NES and HAL's Hole-In-One Golf for SNES (I think I rented HAL's about a dozen times when I was a kid), to Golden Tee in the arcade's and Tiger Woods on consoles.

Unfortunately I have never played Hot Shots until this version so I'm just getting accustomed to the strategy and gameplay. It's surprisingly deep for how wrapped it is in a cutesy anime wrapper.

I'll be on vacation until Tuesday night, I'll have my Vita but won't be sure of wifi access so anyone who has games going with me just be patient. I got a 3G Vita but I'm never paying AT&T for data.

Mr E.

Crap bogey on Par 3 on our playoff - Mr E, I think you've got this one in the bag...
Oh dear Andy, I'll check it out now. I'm not adverse to messing things up either though.

Edit I can see a combiinataion of elevation difference and cross wind made that approach difficult mate. Unlucky there.

andylsun

Good games Moogrose and Mr E. I've completed both of my final playoff holes. Won't spoil the surprise!

Will send you both some more tourny challenges on the new courses, but don't let them get in the way of the semi-final

moogrose

Good games Moogrose and Mr E. I've completed both of my final playoff holes. Won't spoil the surprise!

Will send you both some more tourny challenges on the new courses, but don't let them get in the way of the semi-final

I feel terrible Andy, loosing on points is the worst way to go. I'm sure you'll take sweet revenge in the next tourney.

I'll update scores once mr e. comes in with the results... How's the play off match in group b going?

andylsun

I feel terrible Andy, loosing on points is the worst way to go. I'm sure you'll take sweet revenge in the next tourney.

I'll update scores once mr e. comes in with the results... How's the play off match in group b going?

My own fault loosing on points. Should have played for the fairways to keeps points consistent, but spent a hole hacking around in the rough. The points challenges in the single player game were hardest for me

Mr E.

My own fault loosing on points. Should have played for the fairways to keeps points consistent, but spent a hole hacking around in the rough. The points challenges in the single player game were hardest for me
Yes the game does penalise you for the rough and maybe doesn't give enough reward for a good recovery shot.

I'll get on in a few hours to finish up my hole.

Anyone in my friends list who wants to throw out a challenge feel free regardless of tournament.

Just started messing with new characters and courses and need to get some practice in.

Anyone wanna play or wants some practice just add me.....same name as Gaf.

I am decent so it shouldn't be a walkthrough for you

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I thought this shot I made today was pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bIDb79n-S8

Wish they had a better way to upload recorded videos onto youtube. ;P

As expected took the last crown at the first attempt after taking forever to finally crown 5-3. :)

Congrats!

Man, I know that's the one thing I will never be able to get. I'm too dammed inconsistent. I'll be hitting my marks, then I'll fuck up on a few holes losing my chance to grab whatever. Though I think I have about half of them.

Number45

And the second time I've done it no less!

It's going to take forever to get all of the loyalty up without the long old dailies though. Time to start trying for that elusive albatross and the platinum.

moogrose

As the round robin games draw to a close (only one left to go!) some more results...

The group A play-offs were nothing short of harrowing. Mr. E came out on top though and I (moogrose) scraped through thanks to what must have been some unlucky rounds for Andylsun.

While Mr E. still has to await the group b play-off between bearcatjosh & BlindMonkey, moogrose is comforted by the fact that he faces the as of yet undefeated Number45... Yay.

Results:

F1gKUD0.png

For the semi final games coming up I thought it would be wise to keep a standard ball/club rule to try and keep the playing field somewhat level... as Mr E. has done through out the tourney thus far. Once the group B play-off is done... The winners of each group (Number45 & Mr E.) can invite their respective opponent to a nine hole match on a course of their choosing!

@Number45 - I sent you a friend request... and now i'm scared. terrified.

Number45

I've just been using whoever I'm currently building loyalty with, but I'm more than happy to set a character or pick a tier etc. Same for clubs. I've unlocked all of the courses now (haven't bought the DLC yet) so I can make it as hard or easy as you want (all of my other matches were on the first course as that's all I had unlocked).

Shall we set some parameters or shall I just pick whatever? Probably won't get the chance until tomorrow evening now.

moogrose

I've just been using whoever I'm currently building loyalty with, but I'm more than happy to set a character or pick a tier etc. Same for clubs. I've unlocked all of the courses now (haven't bought the DLC yet) so I can make it as hard or easy as you want (all of my other matches were on the first course as that's all I had unlocked).

Shall we set some parameters or shall I just pick whatever? Probably won't get the chance until tomorrow evening now.

I'm happy for you to use whomever... So long as its with standard clubs and balls. Course choice is entirely yours as you won the group round.

Just be gentle with me.

Mr E.

Appreciate the time your putting in Moog to organise all this.
I'm off to the mother in-laws tomorrow for a few days. They have a wonky Internet connection ( Camarthen west Wales, out in the sticks ) but it should be good enough for turn based challenges. Can't get a cell phone signal though lol.

Good luck all.

Edit, noticed I lost the junior status, what is the criteria for that? I haven't been here long.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So happy atm... was in a challenge round, getting a little bored and about to turn off the game, but decided one more round since it was a Par 5.

Decent enough tee shot. Considering I'm using starter Yuna girl.

Second shot... *bam* double eagle. It actually hit the hole directly... no bounce or roll on the green at all. Just exploded into the cup with a cool effect.

I almost threw my Vita in excitement.

I've been playing hot shots since they've been making them... and I have never hit a double eagle quite like that before. Feels good man.

Number45

I let my daughter finish off my loyalty with Grace and pick my next character unlock. You'll have to excuse me for not being too adventurous with the course because I have no distance or control. :p

I only did nine holes as well, wasn't sure if we were supposed to be doing eighteen. Good luck anyway. :)

3 Hole Playoff between myself and bearcatjosh came to a surprise conclusion just moments ago.
Really thought i'd thrown it all away with a Double Bogey on the second, gg bcj, till we play again.

PS, if anyone wants to play some async games with me, I'll accept a friend request if you leave a message and any challenge you send me :)

moogrose

I let my daughter finish off my loyalty with Grace and pick my next character unlock. You'll have to excuse me for not being too adventurous with the course because I have no distance or control. :p

I only did nine holes as well, wasn't sure if we were supposed to be doing eighteen. Good luck anyway. :)

Nine holes is exactly right. I'm looking forward to it, just accepted your invite.

Thanks for the luck, I'll need it :)

Good luck to you too!

moogrose

3 Hole Playoff between myself and bearcatjosh came to a surprise conclusion just moments ago.
Really thought i'd thrown it all away with a Double Bogey on the second, gg bcj, till we play again.

Ha - the tournament substitute is killing it. Well done. Hopefully Mr E. gets a chance to send you the invite for the semi final match soonish.

Edit: scoreboard update in the morning!

Top Bottom