• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civil War 4 | Fighting game tournament | April 27-29

USD

STREAM

Stream will be provided by Team Sp00ky and bifuteki.

http://www.own3d.tv/teamspooky
http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

Finals Brackets

INFO

Check the RVA Tournament site for more details.

Civil War 4 is a Road to EVO 2012 event, providing seeding points for the six EVO titles (KOF XIII, MK, SCV, SFXTK, SSFIV AE, UMvC3). The winners of most tournaments will be given Civil War-era sword replicas. That is all you need to know.

sLVb1.jpg

PrQP8.jpg

SPONSORS

GAMES
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
The King of Fighters XIII
Mortal Kombat
Skullgirls
SoulCalibur V
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver.2012
Tekken 6
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

PLAYERS

A small list of players provided by Renegade the organizer of Civil War 4. Will update as more info is available.

Alkuard
ChrisG
Dieminion
DJ Huoshen
Fooblat
Foomyjin
iNerd
Jibbo
KBrad
LuckyD
Lud
MarlinPie
Meep
NerdJosh
OmG iTz Andre
RyRy
SamuraiX
UltraDavid
Unknown
WolfKrone

SCHEDULE

All times are EDT (UTC -4).

FRIDAY
7PM Team tournaments start (in order of start time)
SSFIV AE Auction Teams 3v3
KOF Hot Potato 3v3
SFXTK Pair Play
UMvC3 3v3
MK

SATURDAY

11AM SSFIV AE pools 1-8, TK6, BB:CSEX
1PM SSFIV AE pools 9-16, SCV
3PM SFXTK pools 1-8, MK
5PM SFXTK pools 9-16, KOF XIII
7PM UMvC3 pools 1-8, SG
9PM UMvC3 pools 9-16, 3S

SUNDAY
11AM-3PM Narrow games to Top 8 as needed
12PM ST

Order of Finals
SCV
MK
KOF XIII
SFXTK
SG
SSFIV AE
UMvC3​

I hope the team tournaments tonight are streamed. Spooky usually is pretty good at streaming Friday night stuff as long as there's something to stream.

Mit-

That's not possible.

If the quality of the tournament is anything close to the quality of the trailer it is. I don't know much about this tournament outside of that, however. Just thought that trailer was awful, and relating a fighting game tournament to the Civil War and using actual footage from it is a tad distasteful.

Dahbomb

Will not be streaming this event because I am going to be too busy with other stuff this weekend. Will catch it on archives.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
If the quality of the tournament is anything close to the quality of the trailer it is. I don't know much about this tournament outside of that, however. Just thought that trailer was awful, and relating a fighting game tournament to the Civil War and using actual footage from it is a tad distasteful.

Seriously?

I don't care about using the term Civil War or whatever, but is it really necessary to use actual footage from it?

I'm gonna hazard a guess that wasn't footage from the ACTUAL American Civil War. Don't think they were a lot of filming going on in 1863.

BiggNife

Read OP. Team tourneys today.
I looked at the OP, but I didn't see the schedule at first. Apologies.

Although, it was supposed to start at 7 and right now its 8:30 and it looks like they're still doing casuals (I assume so, I'm in a computer lab so I don't have audio on right now but it sure looks like it)

I looked at the OP, but I didn't see the schedule at first. Apologies.

Although, it was supposed to start at 7 and right now its 8:30 and it looks like they're still doing casuals (I assume so, I'm in a computer lab so I don't have audio on right now but it sure looks like it)

Streams never start on time :)

zlatko

Banned
Lol Chris G's abel is exactly how I played abel back in super.

Read read read read read i ain't got no combos.

That's how Abel is played. Mix 'em up and then infinite pressure. Feel free to risk shit because your health bar is huge and your comeback potential is massive.

rCIZZLE

Funny how wolfkrone was one of the fan favorites... until he butted heads with spooky. You dun fucked up krawn!

edit: "You don't want to give the east coast weapons." haha

I would think that Krone is still a fan favorite though cause he opposed EMP and Justin Wong.

Also who is there at CW4. Is yipes gonna be there.

SmokeMaxX

Venue issues with internet and power. Sucky venue choice basically, not really the fault of the organizers since they didn't realize the venue had infrastructure issues.
Nothing against PowerUp, but checking the venue IS the fault of the organizers unless something major happened. We had internet problems at ARK IV even though I personally checked the internet bandwidth out myself. Turns out the entire city was locked down to like .5 Mb/s for that weekend only (ugh). Anyway, I still take responsibility because I didn't call the company beforehand and make sure there weren't outages.
Streams are too important to not check internet out yourself and get an assurance that everything will run smooth on tourney day.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wanna see what Wesker/Morrigan/Zero/Doom go for in the UMvC3 tourney if you have to buy the characters in that too.

Top Bottom