• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Cate Blanchett in final negotiations to join "Thor: Ragnarok"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cate-blanchett-joining-thor-3-847912?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+THRComicCon+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Heat+Vision%29

Cate Blanchett, coming off her best actress nomination for the 1950s drama Carol, is in final negotiations to join Thor: Ragnarok, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The move comes a little more than a week after the Marvel Studios project hired Stephany Folsom to work on the script.

It is unclear what character Blanchett would play but several sources say that Marvel has been on the hunt for a “bad-ass female.”

Taika Waititi, who co-wrote and co-directed the vampire spoof What We Do In the Shadows, is directing the project, the third installment of Marvel’s Thor movies.

Chris Hemsworth will be back as the Norse god of thunder for the film that is also due to feature a team-up with the Hulk.

It's mahvel, baby.

Slayven

Stellaris?

457014-293450_149661_thunderstrike_super.jpg

...Queen of Norn..?
Forgot about Karnilla, she is one of the few beings that can take on Odin.

Oh wow, I might actually watch a thor movie in theaters

I don't care if it's ultimately wasted or whatever, Cate Blanchett is the best actress

Shocked that she chose this of all things to sign onto but eh, make that money

I hope it'll be a lot more interesting and entertaining than the last two.

I like Cate Blanchett, but she's not the most riveting actress out there.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
At least that will help me remember this one. She was the best thing about that live action Cinderella movie that came out earlier this year.

Slayven

ZeroX03

Banned
Marvel not content on just wasting notable actors as their villains, has now moved on to wasting actresses.

My immediate thought.

This would be great news if they would give her any room to use those acting chops. Especially the Thor films which have some great talent attached already.

number11

Damn, Marvel really are going in for phase 3. Surely this is connected with Feige no longer having Perlmutter controlling everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom