• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Cate Blanchett in final negotiations to join "Thor: Ragnarok"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Hopefully they give her something to do. There's some interesting things happening around Ragnarok, it'd be nice to get a Thor film that isn't crap.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm torn, but the hell with it.

I wanna see Blanchett in a Marvel movie.

Just wish it wasn't Thor.

I hope she doesn't get wasted like Anthony Hopkins.

Slayven

User with Batman avatar: "Genius level casting!"

Hillarious. Your hatred for Carol knows no bounds. She's Earth's Mightiest Hero!!!

*I'm trying to find that scan from Ultimates #1 that makes that claim.*

Yet all she did was drive Blue Marvel around and beg him for a powerup......where is the might?

Prompto

Banned
Cool. I'm really liking all the news so far about Ragnarok. Sounds like they realize the previous two were lackluster.
I hope she doesn't get wasted like Anthony Hopkins.
It's kinda sad I forgot he was even in the Thor movies till this post. Guess it proves your point.

The Kree

Banned
Yet all she did was drive Blue Marvel around and beg him for a powerup......where is the might?

She, along with Blue Marvel, channeled all her energy output into Spectrum. They're only two issues in. All America did was throw punches and open a portal. Relax.

Slayven

She, along with Blue Marvel, channeled all her energy output into Spectrum. They're only two issues in. All America did was throw punches and open a portal. Relax.

That is her job.

They were humoring her, they needed her energy when BM was there? Dude is an antimater powerplant and Carol can barely light a candle after losing Binary.

Dalek

That is her job.

They were humoring her, they needed her energy when BM was there? Dude is an antimater powerplant and Carol can barely light a candle after losing Binary.

Eh, someone needed to drive the ship while Adam was busy doing calculations.

mreddie

Valkyrie-Armor-Concept-Art-16-Thor-The-Dark-World-Josh-Nizzi.jpg

IT'S HAPPENING.

PsychBat!

Banned
I hope we do get that same composer from Thor 1. The music is really really good and the only pieces of music that stand out in the MCU imo.

How is that nonsense? Is she being underpaid do you think?

Don't worry about it, some of these dorks actially take marvel criticism as personal affronts around here. It's long supplanted console war fuckery now, especially now that dc is going all in too now

Sanjuro

Don't worry about it, some of these dorks actially take marvel criticism as personal affronts around here. It's long supplanted console war fuckery now, especially now that dc is going all in too now

It's weird still.

I'm just curious. If DiCaprio did the same I would be saying the same thing. People want to get paid. Marvel has no standard for quality, other than their script. Which is fine...

PsychBat!

Banned

Why did you bring DC up?

Eh

Forget it

Carol has nothing to contribute in the Ultimates bros.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Also worth noting that regardless of what someone may think of the movies, the second link rings especially true in the case of Marvel. It's all permanently connected so it's easy as hell to get kids in your family to go on Marvel tours with you, meeting the other actors that play their heroes, etc. It's a party. People like parties.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
on one hand, I think Cate Blanchett is one of the most beautiful women who ever lived and an amazing actress to boot so this is good news, on the other she made the Hobbit movies. Uhmmm

on one hand, I think Cate Blanchett is one of the most beautiful women who ever lived and an amazing actress to boot so this is good news, on the other she made the Hobbit movies. Uhmmm

The character she played in LOTR was in the damn movies, what did you want her to do

guek

Banned
It's weird still.

I'm just curious. If DiCaprio did the same I would be saying the same thing. People want to get paid. Marvel has no standard for quality, other than their script. Which is fine...

Marvel has had a pretty good track record with casting talent, both proven or otherwise. Some people just like to bitch because they think someone of Blanchett's talent is being wasted on the MCU, as if actors and actresses were somehow obliged to take and turn down certain types of roles. The MCU is one of the biggest Hollywood franchises of all time, of course it's going to attract big name talent.

Marvel has been getting some big names as of late, likely in part because of how big the franchise has gotten. I gotta wonder though if Feige has been able to make better offers now that he has more control of the studio.

AMUSIX

Carol is the best worst-used character in Marvel. There's so much potential there, and it just repeatedly gets squandered. Her being in the MCU and being handled away from the 'me too' shit they do in the comics is the best chance the character has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom