• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM UK hinting at something really, really big.. [Up: Earth shattering game revealed]

FourMyle

Halo.

9kGVpBX.jpg

this. it's halo

Gotta disagree with this. If Sony/Naughty Dog got the rights back for Crash ND would do it again. They were talking of doing a new jak and Daxter game before deciding to make a new IP, The Last of us. So Crash could definitely be on the cards.

But for me I think it's GTAV.

Plus a lot of people have memories of Crash, even the gamers who just play fifa everyday. Anyone who played games who are around the age of 20+, Crash will be a massive significance to them.

Anecdotal and etc etc but a new crash game developed by any studio at all would not be a game me or a single person I know would buy at 60 dollars and would be received by a resounding meh from all but 1 person

Shenmue bombed, twice. It might be wanted on GAF, but it's not hugely significant.

And SotC is before Ico.
Shenmue existed on a low install base, piracy ridden platform. The transition to Xbox, an expensive system at the time and with almost no overlap with the JRPG/Japanese games general crowd might have hurt its sales potential even more.
I like to think that more players actually had contact with the game through out the years than most people imagine.

Apparently this needs to be said every 5 posts or so but as it stands the magazine will likely be out March 17th with possible leaks on the 15th/16th

I'm sticking with it being the reveal of next-gen Mass Effect personally. I dunno though

Sasukekun

Neo Member
I'm of the reckoning that it's just Batman, and they couldn't say anything until the magazine release because Game Informer were having it on the cover

btkadams

Apparently this needs to be said every 5 posts or so but as it stands the magazine will likely be out March 17th with possible leaks on the 15th/16th

I'm sticking with it being the reveal of next-gen Mass Effect personally. I dunno though

so, when will we find out what this game is? when's the next magazine out?

seriously though, my hope is parappa or crash. i'm thinking it will probably be something like mass effect or doom though.

Shtof

Anecdotal and etc etc but a new crash game developed by any studio at all would not be a game me or a single person I know would buy at 60 dollars and would be received by a resounding meh from all but 1 person
Wrong all the way. Naughty Dog are among the most popular studios in the world and Crash was a huge franchise. That combination of loyal fans and nostalgia creates hype, which is what sells games. Also, if timed with the next mainline Mario, create fanboy wars and watch hype rise through the roof.

Somehow you missed the Crash rumour hype threads late last year. His silhouette appearing in a commercial lead to a many thousands posts long thread of insane hype and enough tin foil to reveal Half Life 3, 4, and 5. I'd make the argument that a Crash reveal from Sony would be perhaps the most hyped announcement that could possibly be made in the industry that has at least the smallest chance of happening.

No way it's this cover reveal, though. If it happened they'd save it for the end of their E3 conference to really explode GAF.

TimFL

- New Red Dead
- GTA V PS4 (which means PC hopefully too)
- Mafia 3

or bust. Don't care about anything else. It's just them trying to create hype for nothing, like Game Informer does with every issue released. I still laugh when I think back at how they hyped us and it was Evolve... not interested in that game so bust.

Corpsepyre

Banned
If it ends up being Batman, I'll be sorely disappointment, as will pretty much everyone else here. Hoping it'd not the case, and we can revel in the announcement of something earth shattering.
:(

Honey Bunny

Finally gave in and checked in on this thread after seeing it on the frontpage so many times and choosing to ignore it, like I do most threads about teases nowadays.

Skipped to the last page, within the first two posts we have mentioned FF7 remake, Last Guardian and Shenmue. God damn it gaf.

Mullah88

Please, PLEASE let it be the return of SOCOM.
Who will Develop it? I think there's more of a chance syphon filter gets announced before a Socom title. H HOUR is the only thing that's going to quench our thirst this current generation for a tactical hardcore military third person shooter

Top Bottom