• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM UK hinting at something really, really big.. [Up: Earth shattering game revealed]

cormack12

Gold Member
Still fun guessing this...massive and finally are the keywords.....

LittleBigPlanet Hub
Warcraft
Gran Turismo
Wipeout
Tekken
New Star Wars IP after 1313 bombed
Counter Strike (Source engine 2 and not released on Xbox One would be huge imo)
Unreal Tournament .....can't help myself haha

meh, we're all just guessing. Days are dragging though.........

Cyrano

Halo.

9kGVpBX.jpg

Sean*O

Capcom ports RE4HD to PS4 ...LOL

Probably GTA V. That started showing up on retailer lists (one anyway) so timing is right for a media push.

akira28

Guys, i'm confident the announcement simply is GTAV for PS4

that would be like trying to hype the sun rising in the east. Everyone knew GTA:NextGEN was coming. If that's what it really is, no one will take them at their word for exciting news ever again.

Maybe it's the Shenmue HD Collection, due to be revealed in conjunction with the Mark Cerny/Yu Suzuki talk at GDC this month.

Right? RIGHT?!

SaucyJack

Shenmue is really not a reasonable guess at all. A sequel to, or HD remaster of, a 15-year old Dreamcast game - as good as it was, and as popular as it would be on this board - isn't going to cut it for this reveal.

Big, from an OPM UK, perspective is going to be boringly mainstream.

Something from Rockstar Games would qualify as would one of the big first party games such as Uncharted or God of War. Third party-wise then COD, Fallout or something of that ilk.

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Shenmue is really not a reasonable guess at all. A sequel to, or HD remaster of, a 15-year old Dreamcast game - as good as it was, and as popular as it would be on this board - isn't going to cut it for this reveal.

Big, from an OPM UK, perspective is going to be boringly mainstream.

Something from Rockstar Games would qualify as would one of the big first party games such as Uncharted or God of War. Third party-wise then COD, Fallout or something of that ilk.

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Like hell it wouldn’t cut it! Getting HD ports of them would be MASSIVE news and it would possibly even lead us to Shenmue III.

Rizsparky

I think the words 'Most exciting in OPM's history' debunks the GTA V rumour, I'm guessing it's Shenmue or a Crash reboot of some sort (I'd settle for Crash Team Racing).

SaucyJack

Like hell it wouldn’t cut it! Getting HD ports of them would be MASSIVE news and it would possibly even lead us to Shenmue III.

It would be massive news, just not something that's going to result in many people under the age of 30 picking this magazine off the shelf in the UK - which is kinda what OPM UK needs it's cover story to achieve.

So massive, yes.

Right for OPM UK, no.

Last Guardian

Oh wait, I mean Demons Souls 2.

Well, I guess that just depends on whether or not you consider it to be part of a series. But even if you do, I don't necessarily think that it'd be considered to be a series of massive importance. This is what i'm expecting

- Not exclusive to OPM UK, so it's a big enough story that multiple mags will cover it

- Not an exclusive to the PS4 since they would've used that to hype the reveal even more

- Probably from an established and popular franchise, or at least one that was at some point

- Because of that it'll probably be something that many people view as being boring

Symphonia

Banned
Why are people assuming it's Batman? It was pretty evident the next Batman game was going to be next-gen, including PS4. The way OPM words it makes it sound like whatever game it is has not been on any Playstation device before. And although the Arkham games are great, I wouldn't say they're of huge significance.

Matriox

Ugh, too long. I just want it to be revealed already so we can get the disappointment over with.

Yep. I want to get this glimmer of hope for something that will actually be excited out of my head, we all know it will be something obvious or not as monumental as they're claiming, but I still have this dumb hope that I know will let me down :(

"most exciting in OPM history" cannot be just a GTA port.

"a series of massive significance" cannot be a new Batman game.

Shenmue or Last Guardian, imo are the only games that fit this bill.

I expect to be disappointed though. :/

Sapiens

Shenmue is not a series of any significance (as much as I love Shenmue) and Last Guardian is not a series.

GlamFM

Banned

Yay, Can´t wait for Last Guardian 3, the first 2 were AMAZING.

Last Guardian would be amazing, although it is expected to come out this gen anyway isn't it?

Sony would gain a huge amount of gamer support, even from non-Shenmue fans if Ryo's adventure was re-released.

Almost none. If it does get announced, it certainly wont be ND doing it and even if there were hype, no one would care about it as soon as it came out.

Gotta disagree with this. If Sony/Naughty Dog got the rights back for Crash ND would do it again. They were talking of doing a new jak and Daxter game before deciding to make a new IP, The Last of us. So Crash could definitely be on the cards.

But for me I think it's GTAV.

Plus a lot of people have memories of Crash, even the gamers who just play fifa everyday. Anyone who played games who are around the age of 20+, Crash will be a massive significance to them.

Top Bottom