• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Possible GTA 4 Preview Review Review?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
notjackbauer said:
GTA4.net has a good rundown of everything we know about multiplayer. Check it out here. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

brilliant thanks!

my search for MP tidbits led me to read some previews of the 1 player and omg it sounds awesome :lol

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
WickedAngel said:
Then you haven't read the entire thread (Or you fail at reading comprehension, either or).

It seems like most everyone has been calling bullshit from the get go. That's all I'm saying.

Captain Pants said:
It seems like most everyone has been calling bullshit from the get go. That's all I'm saying.

There are several people in here that stand out from the rest in their attempts to validate the review (Such as one poster suggesting that the user might have simply played the game at the R* HQ).

that's a bummer that on 360 car tires will be square, and Niko has been replaced by a bald space marine. and if you don't have a hard drive then there are only four vehicles, and no day-night cycle. but ps3 has fifteen-player split screen co-op and the game is printed on a solid gold disc instead of bluray and also there's nudity and swearing but they couldn't fit that stuff on 360 so instead every character sounds like charlie brown's teacher and there's only one character model. confirmed!

Captain Pants

notjackbauer said:
that's a bummer that on 360 car tires will be square, and Niko has been replaced by a bald space marine. and if you don't have a hard drive then there are only four vehicles, and no day-night cycle. but ps3 has fifteen-player split screen co-op and the game is printed on a solid gold disc instead of bluray and also there's nudity and swearing but they couldn't fit that stuff on 360 so instead every character sounds like charlie brown's teacher and there's only one character model. confirmed!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

You forgot to mention that the PS3 version scored a 12 out of 10, and that the 360 version wasn't even worth rating.

notjackbauer said:

You neglected to mention that he is flamboyantly homosexual bald space marine which leads me to believe you're a big faker!!!

I am sort of hoping this review is real that way atleast i know which version to get, although the cop spawning thing has to be bogus.

Captain Pants said:

GAF...we know drama.

Mrbob said:
You can install the 360 version to the hdd wat.

shintoki said:
Guess Rockstar London *New Name!!!* did a good job on that PS3 port

Mojovonio said:
Splitscreen on PS3?????

hmmmmm, I may need to change my pre-order...

commanderdeek said:
More peds and cars on ps3! radtastic
It's the power of the cell

Mojovonio said:
The guy goes in to detail about the smallest things. I'm not so sure this is bullshit.

antiloop said:
Splitscreen?!

This was about the best thing with COD4. Nice!

Dever said:
If we don't get a response from R* soon, it's probably not bullshit.

Bossman said:
I'm pretty sure it means early preview showings of the game. It's possible that the writer has been in the Rockstar office and has played the game there.

mentalfloss said:
Wow, this is the first time a multiplat game has slowdown on 360 and not PS3.

RumFore said:
Why would anyone take there time to write a fake review?

Bossman said:
GTA4 is such a huge game that hard drive install could be totally true.

Kabuki Waq said:
I am sort of hoping this review is real that way atleast i know which version to get, although the cop spawning thing has to be bogus.

barlow-1.gif

This review is really badly written. Especially with regard to the Euphoria paragraph.

Don't forget that Assassin's Creed review from Empire around 4 months ago. It said one version was broken. Turned out to be false and not written by the named reviewer.

Agent Icebeezy said:
Given the slant of this article, I'm not surprised it hasn't been closed already.

well not like it matters to you ...we all know which version you will get. No matter the quality.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Kabuki Waq said:
well not like it matters to you ...we all know which version you will get. No matter the quality.

Or the extras? Or the fact that the 360 version is the version that they primarily show to the press? I'm not the one going into every thread asking are they equal. There is more than enough information out there to make a reasonably good decision. From the looks of it, this place only has one game to talk about, and it is talking about GTA4. It isn't even hosting its own pics, talking about splitscreen, which would cripple a top flight PC and installation of a game on the 360. This article is bullshit and should have been discarded from the get-go.

evilone

EA Employee
This site does sound suspect and hard to believe but if R* does not debunk soon then GAF, IGN, gfaqs and all other forums will meltdown soon.

Mrbob

evilone said:
This site does sound suspect and hard to believe but if R* does not debunk soon then GAF, IGN, gfaqs and all other forums will meltdown soon.

Yup, this is the good thing about this website "leak". Rockstar should hopefully have a comment on its validity. But it probably won't be till monday so we get a whole weekend of craziness!

I don't think its real, but I've seen crazier things happen online.

Captain Pants

evilone said:

It is funny what people will believe. I've got a thread about this on another forum, and I even have the words 'fake review' in the thread title, and they are still believing it.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
There is nothing to debunk. Give me 10min and i'll make some webpage with a GTA4 review too claiming that the PS3 version suffers from huge framerate drops etc.

Come on :lol

I wont believe anything until i see a "real" review from a known website.

WickedAngel said:
I can't believe some of you still fall for shit like this. Really...it's embarrassing.

it's GTAIV, any excuse is good to open a new thread about it

same goes with MGS4..man, I wish these games were out already

evilone

EA Employee
Captain Pants said:
It is funny what people will believe. I've got a thread about this on another forum, and I even have the words 'fake review' in the thread title, and they are still believing it.

Yea, the fire is already spreading and fast. N4G just exploded so I expect IGN to do the same in about 3 minutes = ).

Players just want a valid reason as to why they spend their big bucks on their console, thats why they believe even if the thread topic has the word "fake" in it.

Orlics

I think it's time to put an end to this! I'm getting hate mail in languages I can't even read! This site was created purely for entertainment, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks!

:lol :lol :lol

evilone

EA Employee
Kandrick said:
There is nothing to debunk. Give me 10min and i'll make some webpage with a GTA4 review too claiming that the PS3 version suffers from huge framerate drops etc.

Come on :lol

I wont believe anything until i see a "real" review from a known website.

Features present on one platform but not present on the other supporting platform and not announced by the studio which may also not be true NEEDS to be debunked.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I think it's time to put an end to this! I'm getting hate mail in languages I can't even read! This site was created purely for entertainment, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks!

New update on that website.

:lol :lol

Yeah really....

Majmun

Oh man. :lol :lol

Agent Icebeezy said:
Given the slant of this article, I'm not surprised it hasn't been closed already.

He played you too. You can remove your tinfoil hat now.

Agent Icebeezy said:
Or the extras? Or the fact that the 360 version is the version that they primarily show to the press? I'm not the one going into every thread asking are they equal. There is more than enough information out there to make a reasonably good decision. From the looks of it, this place only has one game to talk about, and it is talking about GTA4. It isn't even hosting its own pics, talking about splitscreen, which would cripple a top flight PC and installation of a game on the 360. This article is bullshit and should have been discarded from the get-go.

unless rockstar uses blu ray and HDD to full effect. But yea split screen sounds incredibly fake.

Captain Pants

Francias Castiglione said:
But guys maybe that just means Rockstar and Microsoft have threatened him with legal action! Right? RIGHT!?!

They threatened him in languages he couldn't even understand!

a.wd

This site has been removed at the advise of legal council.

:lol :lol :lol :D :D :D

Edit: beaten, but i think we can all agree we are all winners because of this!

evilone said:
Features present on one platform but not present on the other supporting platform and not announced by the studio which may also not be true NEEDS to be debunked.

Or maybe people should stop putting weight into the ramblings of every individual person on the internet over the words of say, the game's producers and the legitimate press.

If Rock* or any other company had to debunk EVERY false rumor that arose concerning their games, they'd never get any work done.

But why am I surprised? The executive producer of Fallout 3 had to come here on GAF to debunk the rumor that F3 was PS3 exclusive, even though it was posted by a retail employee who probably heard it from his local Sony rep.

Kandrick said:
Legal council ?

Advise? :lol

oneHeero

Well I'm glad I'm getting the ps3 version, I just dont understand why they wouldnt show the ps3 version since it seems to be better in a lot of ways.

Ps3=Splitscreen Exclusive
360=DLC exclusive

I'll take free splitscreen oppose to pay for DLC

See what I did there?

Top Bottom