• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
how was the korea btw holy

most excellent! Ty for asking!

here are some photos: normal koreas https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741844.100001399710578&type=1&l=531100b735
esports https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741845.100001399710578&type=1&l=3455408d25

my favourite parts were probably the DMZ tour / stepping foot on NK. it was a bit surreal. I Don't think most of the tour group understood the situation there. and this lovely little bar i found that was very non busy and the locals and bar keep befriended me!

hey, video games. this is my current eu4 game. I have created the fatherland, but I feel rather small. move an inch and get stomped by some pretty nasty alliances.France is a behemoth.

You should never let Le Blob get that powerful unless they're best buddies with you.

Yikes.

Omikron

You should never let Le Blob get that powerful unless they're best buddies with you.

Yikes.
yeah nothing much I could do despite trying. Austria were busy leading a coalition against me the entire game instead of targeting France. idiots.

I had Sweden and Russia for most of the game, but now just Russia so actually pretty weak comparatively as they are busy in the east.

most excellent! Ty for asking!

here are some photos: normal koreas https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741844.100001399710578&type=1&l=531100b735
esports https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741845.100001399710578&type=1&l=3455408d25

my favourite parts were probably the DMZ tour / stepping foot on NK. it was a bit surreal. I Don't think most of the tour group understood the situation there. and this lovely little bar i found that was very non busy and the locals and bar keep befriended me!

cool piccys!
My favs are the pics of other people taking pics
I don't know if I've mentioned it recently but my uni has officially accepted my request to go on exchange to Korealand. I applied for Korea University last week so just waiting to officially be a sick lad. I get a scholarship too which is pretty damn amazing.

Tommy DJ

Holy shit thanks University of Melbourne for throwing me under the bus. I'm in the middle of my Masters and my Head of Department tells me that my course won't be accredited anymore. No "hey we're going to change this course in 3 years time" but "fuck you, we're getting rid of these subjects at the end of this year so you're fucked if you don't graduate in 2014".

What this means is that I can't get a professional licence from the Surveyors Registration Board of Victoria. Their excuse if that while you won't get unless domestic accreditation, your course will be accredited from some totally awesome intentional accrediting bodies that all of us give no fucks about.

Basically University of Melbourne is fucking shit and will always be a shit university. All they do is funnel everything into research so they rank highly on those university ranking polls. Which, in turn, sucks in more full fee paying internationals who want to do commerce. How they run their smaller undergraduate and masters subjects is shameful of a university that advertises itself as #1 in Australia.

Jintor

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Now that I know I'm going to Japan (pending the Government not discovering my hideous criminal acts) I need to make some hardware decisions.

I'm likely to be travelling between schools a fair amount so I'll probably need a decent laptop. The question is, should I just get an ultra-powerful laptop and leave it at that, or should I get a merely decent laptop and go scrounge up a more powerful tower-style computer while in Japan?

Also, I forget if Wii U is region locked or not, and if it's region-locked while playing Wii games... and then I guess the question would be which region to get one in (FUCKING NINTENDO). Au region and order games from UK? US region and order games from US? JP region, buy overpriced games locally, learn to read japanese?

@_@ mah head hurts

Jintor

Oh fuck. Are NNIDs region-locked too?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk myyyyyyyyyyy liffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quasar

Holy shit thanks University of Melbourne for throwing me under the bus. I'm in the middle of my Masters and my Head of Department tells me that my course won't be accredited anymore. No "hey we're going to change this course in 3 years time" but "fuck you, we're getting rid of these subjects at the end of this year so you're fucked if you don't graduate in 2014".

What this means is that I can't get a professional licence from the Surveyors Registration Board of Victoria. Their excuse if that while you won't get unless domestic accreditation, your course will be accredited from some totally awesome intentional accrediting bodies that all of us give no fucks about.

Basically University of Melbourne is fucking shit and will always be a shit university. All they do is funnel everything into research so they rank highly on those university ranking polls. Which, in turn, sucks in more full fee paying internationals who want to do commerce. How they run their smaller undergraduate and masters subjects is shameful of a university that advertises itself as #1 in Australia.

That's terrible. You'd think they would let folks already part way through to finish it and just not offer it to new students.

Pretty sure you're locked into whatever region's eshop you made your NNID in. It's why I'm scared to make one since my Phoenix Wright 5 purchase was from the UK store.

The concern is only if you've purchased something that isn't available in the region the you're making the NNID in (so, for example, Petit Computer). If you purchased something in a different region but it's available in the one you're making your account on it'll still show up and be accessible in your history just fine.

Shaneus

hey, video games. this is my current eu4 game. I have created the fatherland, but I feel rather small. move an inch and get stomped by some pretty nasty alliances.France is a behemoth.

6A59E21DA81D0AB3CF12AD11BAEC02DCB77D3DA5
Ottoman's taking over! Time to call the Republic of La-Z-Boy to step in.

Edit: WHY THE FUCK DID NO-ONE TELL ME THERE WAS ANOTHER VIRTUAL ON GAME FOR 360?!? I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY VOOT. FUCK.

Edit #2: Hey rep, could this work?
PnlCrfU.jpg

Top up account via Paypal, get quasi-discounted PS+ for $60 rather than $70 via $10 voucher thing.

Suppose it's not going to get any cheaper than that :/

OMG Danoss, watch Rick & Morty tonight? Fucking amazing! Washed the disgusting taste of last nights Archer out of my mouth.

Edit #2: Hey rep, could this work?
PnlCrfU.jpg

Top up account via Paypal, get quasi-discounted PS+ for $60 rather than $70 via $10 voucher thing.

Suppose it's not going to get any cheaper than that :/

Absolutely. As the sign says, top up with $50 worth through Paypal (pretty sure you need to do $20 and $30, no $50 option I think) and get $10 messaged to you.

SEN sale time? SEN sale time!

8.png

Vita
TxK for $4.68
Olli Olli for $4.68
PS Allstars Battle Royale for $13.46
Spelunky for $5.88
Virtua Tennis 4 for $5.88
The Walking Dead Season 1 for $9.32
EDF2017 Portable for $9.32
Kick Beat for $3.48
Silent Hill Book of Memories for $10.58
Retro City Rampage for $4.39

PS3
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 for $26.96 (6 WEEK BOMBA)
Ni no Kuni for $9.32
The Wolf Among Us season pass for $10.58
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for $16.16
Demon's Souls for $10.58
Sonic Racing Transformed for $13.01
Driver San Fran for $6.62

PS3/Vita bundle
Thomas Was Alone, Stealth Inc., Lone Survivor: DC & Proteus for $16.61

ALSO
Don't forget if you top up your SEN account with Paypal you get $10 extra credit sent to you if you top up $50.
PnlCrfU.jpg

Shaneus

That EDF is the good EDF, yes? I think one came out recently for PC which was OK, but I know there was another that was supposed to be better.

Spelunky is god tier on Vita.

Even has daily challenges!

That EDF is the good EDF, yes? I think one came out recently for PC which was OK, but I know there was another that was supposed to be better.

It's the one that came out on 360 like 5 years ago. Was ported to the Vita and released last year.

KRITZ IS BUYING A VITA FOR IT

Dick Smith have the Vita deal still going if anyone is looking for a sub$200 Vita!

Why are shitty macs so popular at unis? Half the softwares we use arent even on them so they all have bootcamp....do you need one to fit in

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Vita's are pretty shit, Not sure why you are all buying them now.

I use mine to download free games with PS+ and never actually play it, Cause it sucks.

Sly is skippy as all fuck, slow ass load times and I used to love that game, Now it's just kinda dull.

Don't buy a Vita.

Stackboy

Vita's are pretty shit, Not sure why you are all buying them now.

I use mine to download free games with PS+ and never actually play it, Cause it sucks.

Sly is skippy as all fuck, slow ass load times and I used to love that game, Now it's just kinda dull.

Don't buy a Vita.

Mine is a portable Spelunky, Mortal Kombat and LBP machine.

Why are shitty macs so popular at unis? Half the softwares we use arent even on them so they all have bootcamp....do you need one to fit in
It means you can teach either Mac or PC specific software out of the same teaching lab, having purchased only one machine rather than two.

Plus you need one to fit in.

God damn it fuck this medical circle jerk bullshit. $120 for an shrink appointment, not including another doctors appointment for "assessment" even though the doctor had him in there a week ago.

MORE MONEY GOES INTO THE GREAT CYCLE OF EVERYBODY GETTING PAID YO

>_<

Apple Salesman: "Hello there Mr Buys Shit For Uni! How you you like a free iPad? All you have to do is sign your school up for 30 iMacs! Yay"

Really? Sly 4 runs great on the Vita for me. Really enjoying it, looks great too.

Tried the free MotoGP 13, it's actually pretty great! Haven't played one since 08 or 09.

Olli Olli is fucking awesome aside from the too constant freezes. Insane it still runs so bad, I thought a patch was coming?

PCCG confirmed that they're giving me a refund.

I hope they refund the shipping costs too but ehh.

Ordered a 780 GHz edition w/ express post but I have my doubts it'll make it here tomorrow.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
PCCG confirmed that they're giving me a refund.

I hope they refund the shipping costs too but ehh.

Ordered a 780 GHz edition w/ express post but I have my doubts it'll make it here tomorrow.

What are you getting a refund for ?

And you're #3 on the GHZ edition! Rahk and I purchased one last weekish.

What are you getting a refund for ?

And you're #3 on the GHZ edition! Rahk and I purchased one last weekish.

Gainward 770 Phantom 4GB (450)

Factoring in postage, it's a 200 dollar upgrade.

The card had really bad coil whine which they just determined was grounds for the refund. I decided I wasn't satisfied with the perf of 770s generally (not that specific model) and so I made the plunge. The other thing was the Gainward 2.5 slot coolers required me to perform rocket surgery on my case to get inside, and wouldn't let me close the case once it was in.

I'll have to have some fun un-bending one small part of my Bit-fenix prodigy to get it all back to normal, :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom