• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

You guys know Crackdown was free a little while ago on XBL Gold, right?
PS. HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD THAT EUGENE JARVIS THINGY?

PPS. Gaz, I totally met Steve Ritchie last week in Texas. You know he worked with Eugene on several games, right? I TOUCHED A GUY THAT PROBABLY TOUCHED THE CREATOR OF ROBOTRON ETC.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG that is awesome. Well done man.

And dude! Tell us about your trip!

Gazunta

Ah yep Dark Souls 2. There's a number of cheap and cheerful ways to get that game.

First, have you looked at how easy it would be to create a fake identity, start a bank account using those credentials, and then after a few months of regular activity apply for a small personal loan? Then just take the money, buy the game for free and never pay the loan back. Your local Officeworks has all the supplies you need for this but it does require some technical skills and a complete lack of respect for the person who's credit rating you're tarnishing.

Next, take a moment to consider the cost-effectiveness of public mugging. You'll need to invest in some gear like a balaclava and possible a small weapon of some kind. If you're willing to splash out and get some gloves it may prove financially prudent in the long run, but that will depend on how much the victim puts up a struggle. Be warned that this is generally frowned upon in most gaming forums and your account could be banned because you're basically a scumbag, but still, cheap Dark Souls 2.

Finally, consider kidnapping someone and demanding a copy of the game in ransom. However, you should take into account the costs of hiring a white van, renting a cheap hotel to hide the kidnappee, and disposable phones to make ransom calls. There is also the chance you may end up facing real jail time for this if things go wrong, so your mileage may vary depending on local factors like police efficiency and the relative value of the person you abducted.

Or, you know, you could spend five fucking minutes looking for yourself on Green Man, Amazon UK, local store websites etc. I guess

Dead Man

God damn it. My GP I have been seeing for 10 years has retired, the day before a weight loss check up appointment. Now to start the long search for another decent GP.

I can't remember who advised holding off on getting an Xperia Z1 Compact, but I owe you my gratitude. It looks like that not only will it be cheaper when I get it (obviously), but it looks like the camera flash bleeding issue has been fixed with a slight hardware change. Just have to make sure I get a week 11 build of one as a week 10 build that an Aussie bought from Telstra still had the issue.

Woo!

Be interested to see what you think of it, I've been mostly happy with my One mini, but would love a sd slot.

Cheapest way to get Dark Souls 2 on PC? Halp guys.
http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=darksoulsii

Looks like Nuuvem is currently $38.25 USD, but I have no idea if it's Steam redeemable or if they're reliable.

Or, you know, you could spend five fucking minutes looking for yourself on Green Man, Amazon UK, local store websites etc. I guess
Bad day?

What's a GP?
Could be either a General Practitioner (e.g. doctor), or a Grand Prix.

Ah yep Dark Souls 2. There's a number of cheap and cheerful ways to get that game.

First, have you looked at how easy it would be to create a fake identity, start a bank account using those credentials, and then after a few months of regular activity apply for a small personal loan? Then just take the money, buy the game for free and never pay the loan back. Your local Officeworks has all the supplies you need for this but it does require some technical skills and a complete lack of respect for the person who's credit rating you're tarnishing.

Next, take a moment to consider the cost-effectiveness of public mugging. You'll need to invest in some gear like a balaclava and possible a small weapon of some kind. If you're willing to splash out and get some gloves it may prove financially prudent in the long run, but that will depend on how much the victim puts up a struggle. Be warned that this is generally frowned upon in most gaming forums and your account could be banned because you're basically a scumbag, but still, cheap Dark Souls 2.

Finally, consider kidnapping someone and demanding a copy of the game in ransom. However, you should take into account the costs of hiring a white van, renting a cheap hotel to hide the kidnappee, and disposable phones to make ransom calls. There is also the chance you may end up facing real jail time for this if things go wrong, so your mileage may vary depending on local factors like police efficiency and the relative value of the person you abducted.

All viable options.

Green Man has local pricing, but there's a way to get around that right? There's also some talk about region locking to complicate things. Other retailers are also selling it for a similar price ($50).

I just thought someone here might have looked into it and come up with the best option, and be willing to share. Just like the many good deals that have been posted in this very thread in the past, some of which I have posted myself. So climb down from atop your ivory high horse, and chill out. Or don't.

Gazunta

Love you guys :)

Edit: wow that post came out waaaaaaaaaay snarkier than I meant, oops. Just wanted to write something more creative than "no idea sorry"

Some days it's just not worth escaping my cell and finding a local library to get on the internet with

Rahk

Cheapest way to get Dark Souls 2 on PC? Halp guys.
All viable options.

Green Man has local pricing, but there's a way to get around that right? There's also some talk about region locking to complicate things. Other retailers are also selling it for a similar price ($50).
$50 is the US price, or are you seeing it for more on GMG? Only games from certain publishers have local pricing.

GMG sent me a coupon for 25% off Dark Souls 2 last week so I got it for $37. That was only sent to newsletter subscribers and tied to accounts though. You could try signing up and hope they send you one, but the one I got says it expires on the 11th.

The current 20% off coupon doesn't work with Dark Souls 2 but maybe there will be another one closer to release.

Shaneus

Who the fuck are you and what have you done with Gazunta?

Although having said that, I appreciate the irony in asking such a basic question regarding probably one of the most difficult games to come out this year. Gots to save that precious energy for gaming, not finding bargains!

God damn it. My GP I have been seeing for 10 years has retired, the day before a weight loss check up appointment. Now to start the long search for another decent GP.
Do it on foot to improve your checkup results.

Be interested to see what you think of it, I've been mostly happy with my One mini, but would love a sd slot.
I'm sure I'll love it. First full-time Android phone (have another one that I used to play Android-specific games on, but I'm past that phase), still can't fucking believe that it's literally the smallest phone possible that has decent performance. I'm bummed I have to settle for something that's bigger than my 4S, but at least it's not *that* much bigger.

Fuck, you'd think phone companies would see the value in focusing concurrently on making phones both bigger AND smaller (or even the same fucking size). I just want something that's small, new and has updated hardware in it. Oh, and that doesn't cost eleventy-billion fucking dollars like every Apple device.

8gb iPhone 5C (aka the cheap one): $679
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 16gb: $510-550

That's not even the worst part. A new 8gb 4S from Apple costs $529. For a three-year-old phone that can't be upgraded. At least it means the resale value on my 32gb 4S is still fairly handsome. They're fetching ~$350 second-hand consistently on eBay as of right now. Woop.

Deeku

Love you guys :)

Edit: wow that post came out waaaaaaaaaay snarkier than I meant, oops. Just wanted to write something more creative than "no idea sorry"

Some days it's just not worth escaping my cell and finding a local library to get on the internet with
lol, it seemed pretty out of character. It's more something I'd expect from a Jase post directed at Shanues:p

Stop oppressing Gazunta guys.
If everyone has the right to be a bigot than everyone has the right to be snarky every once in a while

Bumdidlyumptious (the Korean subber) retweeted it.

Also, Jinho is going to be on Happy Together sometime this month, a popular talk/variety show hosted by Yoo Jae Suk. Seems he is doing well as a TV personality. He has been on a few other shows including Radio Star, hosted by Kim Gura. You can find links on Bumdidlyumps twitter. I hope we see him back for The Genius S3.

Ahhh I looked at the (low) number of retweets and favourites but not whom.

I watched the episode of Taxi where Jinho, Doohee and Sangmin were on, that was good!
Also a little bit of whatever that show's called where he's with that chick and they play up a romance but I couldn't watch much of that.

I'll keep an eye out for that happy together episode cheers :)

Danoss

It's disappointing how long that search can be.

I found a good one about 12 months before he retired. It took many years before stumbling upon one when he happened to be at hand after my gran's blood pressure dropped dramatically, following a routine test, and needed assistance. He was very attentive and incredibly thorough, the likes of which I've never seen before. I made him mine and my gran's GP on the next visit.

I watched the episode of Taxi where Jinho, Doohee and Sangmin were on, that was good! Also a little bit of whatever that show's called where he's with that chick and they play up a romance but I couldn't watch much of that.

Did you see Jinho's 'I Live Alone' episode? I felt both happy and sad for him after watching that.

Quasar

Fuck, you'd think phone companies would see the value in focusing concurrently on making phones both bigger AND smaller (or even the same fucking size). I just want something that's small, new and has updated hardware in it. Oh, and that doesn't cost eleventy-billion fucking dollars like every Apple device.

Given those Apple email leaks it sounds like people don't want smaller. And Smaller brings up extra issues of room for all the innards of a modern phone though. Its not like these larger phones are full of space.

Shaneus

Given those Apple email leaks it sounds like people don't want smaller. And Smaller brings up extra issues of room for all the innards of a modern phone though. Its not like these larger phones are full of space.
People are stupid ;) And I don't think most people necessarily want smaller... just not bigger. It's literally impossible to find anything around the 4S size that isn't a cheap Chinese build.

But for evidence that some people want smaller, look to the Z1 Compact. I get the impression it's selling quite well.

Gazunta

The trick is to get a job where nobody is exactly sure what you do all day, but you always look grumpy and busy, so it's best just to leave you alone...

...to browse GAF

End of this year / early next year I'll probably be selling a GTX 780. A bit early for all that yet but is anybody thinking of upgrading around that timeframe and might want a modestly used one?

Pfft. If you were smart you'd be doing that already. I do. Start at 8:30, finish at 5 with approx 6 hrs of work done. Boom.

Way ahead of you. Though would much rather be at home etc. then killing time waiting at work to clock off.

At least one manufacturing company in the US trialed a 4-day week (same pay) and found their workers were just as productive as when they worked 5-day weeks.

Not surprising. The bad side is I bet they took the outcome as people not working hard enough.

At least one manufacturing company in the US trialed a 4-day week (same pay) and found their workers were just as productive as when they worked 5-day weeks.
Yeah I've got fair bit of "fuck I've still got a long day ahead of me" faffing about time at work.

I actually enjoy going in after hours and powering through like 2 days work in 3 hours with silence in the office lol

End of this year / early next year I'll probably be selling a GTX 780. A bit early for all that yet but is anybody thinking of upgrading around that timeframe and might want a modestly used one?

I probably would be, my 460 is holding on but I expect The Witcher 3 and Watch Dogs will destroy it by the end of the year in terms of framerate.

It doesn't smell like Tasmania though does it? :/

I probably would be, my 460 is holding on but I expect The Witcher 3 and Watch Dogs will destroy it by the end of the year in terms of framerate.

It doesn't smell like Tasmania though does it? :/

Nah. It hasn't arrived yet. Or rather I got a 770, it had horrific coilwhine, and I've sent it back. I'm trying to wrangle a refund which I'll suplement with a bit extra to nab a 780.

But these are both stopgap measures so I have a card capable of running Batman: AK fully pimped out in Oct.

Jintor

Thanks for the headsup on the GMG voucher Rakh. I found it in my promotions folder. Plus you can pay with paypal - I did an article for Polygon last year and still have a fat chunk of cash I can't use for anything else sitting in there.

Anyway, I'm prepped to die over and over again in DSII now. Cheers!

Omikron

hey, video games. this is my current eu4 game. I have created the fatherland, but I feel rather small. move an inch and get stomped by some pretty nasty alliances.France is a behemoth.

6A59E21DA81D0AB3CF12AD11BAEC02DCB77D3DA5

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

I just picked up a 780.

I figured by the end of the year, People would be selling theirs for the potential for maxwell.

SLI here I come .. maybe!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It's disappointing how long that search can be.

I found a good one about 12 months before he retired. It took many years before stumbling upon one when he happened to be at hand after my gran's blood pressure dropped dramatically, following a routine test, and needed assistance. He was very attentive and incredibly thorough, the likes of which I've never seen before. I made him mine and my gran's GP on the next visit.

Did you see Jinho's 'I Live Alone' episode? I felt both happy and sad for him after watching that.

I imagine the space and freedom he has in that apartment are something he loves. Given the team houses. (dunno if you've ever seen a tour of one?)

But also, beers with doohee and lim yo hwan. Bestttt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom