• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden II: The Official GAF Thread of Chaos

Mamesj

Banned
The discussion:

professor_t said:
Extraordinarily lame, if true.

What the hell happened to Team Ninja? The first game raised the bar for console visuals. I'm playing it now using B/C and it practically seems like a current gen game.

Legit qualms. They have been off this gen.

You:
Speevy said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

speevyav.gif

clashfan

duckroll said:
So erm, guys, TWO DAYS TO NINJA GAIDEN 2! It's so exciting, doesn't anyone want to talk about that instead?

Lots of people are excited but it's a bummer that other posters want to bring everyone down.

Vaxadrin

Banned
duckroll said:
So erm, guys, TWO DAYS TO NINJA GAIDEN 2! It's so exciting, doesn't anyone want to talk about that instead?

I already cancelled my preorder.

Do you know if it's shipping on Tuesday like just about everything else, or is it already shipped and releases on Tuesday?

duckroll

clashfan said:
Lots of people are excited but it's a bummer that other posters want to bring everyone down.

I'm not sure why it's a bummer. Does the fact that other people might not enjoy a game make you enjoy a game less? It doesn't affect me! Unless I'm personally disappointed with anything in the game when I play it, it makes zero difference to me what someone else might be disappointed with in a game!

Vaxadrin said:
Do you know if it's shipping on Tuesday like just about everything else, or is it already shipped and releases on Tuesday?

I dunno, locally here they're doing a launch event at a mall. I have a paid off preorder card so I'm just dropping in to exchange it for the game and a free t-shirt. :D

Mamesj

Banned
duckroll said:

Trying to extinguish a small stove fire that started in the thread.

Alright...now who wants bacon!

Got my 360 today for this game. Amazon had sent one with a huge gaping crack in the middle so I had to send it back. I went ghetto style and got a used elite from GS. It's old, loud, and may die, so I'm going to back up my saves frequently to a mem card. Viva la 360!

clashfan

duckroll said:
I'm not sure why it's a bummer. Does the fact that other people might not enjoy a game make you enjoy a game less? It doesn't affect me! Unless I'm personally disappointed with anything in the game when I play it, it makes zero difference to me what someone else might be disappointed with in a game!

Those people won't change my opinion of the game when I get to play it but those posters make this thread less enjoyable.

Vaxadrin

Banned
Mamesj said:
Got my 360 today for this game. Amazon had sent one with a huge gaping crack in the middle so I had to send it back. I went ghetto style and got a used elite from GS. It's old, loud, and may die, so I'm going to back up my saves frequently to a mem card. Viva la 360!

360's are like those 30 year old muscle cars with 150k miles on them. Sure, you got a fucking awesome Camaro, and you're gonna have tons of fun with it, but it's way loud & you should make sure to wear a seatbelt for when it dies on the highway.

KurowaSan

duckroll said:

not if you live in Europe :( ...and yet pirates are already playing the goddamn pal version

I can't believe we don't know more about Ninja Cinema.
16jowns.jpg

Is it as limited as DOA4's saved films (where only the top of the leaderboards could upload films)? The fact that they said they implemented it in less than a week has me concerned. Can I send my favorite films to friends?

Mamesj

Banned
Vaxadrin said:
360's are like those 30 year old muscle cars with 150k miles on them. Sure, you got a fucking awesome Camaro, and you're gonna have tons of fun with it, but it's way loud & you should make sure to wear a seatbelt for when it dies on the highway.

oh i've owned a ton of them. me and the 360 have a strange relationship. It gets exclusives, I play them, then the future looks bleak for the next long while, so I sell it to have $300 to spend on something else.

but this one I got today totally fits that description--it's a GS refurbed Elite manufactured in march '07, so you can bet it's running hot as dog balls and sounding like a jet engine while playing a game.

Ifrit

I think this is the best thread to ask about this: does anyone know if I can download Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox Originals from outside the US? I'm interested in buying it but I'm afraid to get the "this is not available for your region" message after I do it

I'd appreciate any help

Vaxadrin

Banned
Ifrit said:
I think this is the best thread to ask about this: does anyone know if I can download Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox Originals from outside the US? I'm interested in buying it but I'm afraid to get the "this is not available for your region" message after I do it

I'd appreciate any help

If you can't get it in your region, it'll let you know before you buy it, not after.

If it's showing up in the marketplace as a purchasable item, and you're using an account set to your actual region, you should be fine.

Ifrit

Vaxadrin said:
If you can't get it in your region, it'll let you know before you buy it, not after.

Did a little search, and according to this guy, and some latin american forums it seems like it doesn't tell until AFTER you buy it

Vaxadrin said:
If it's showing up in the marketplace as a purchasable item, and you're using an account set to your actual region, you should be fine.

When I created my gamertag, there wasn't an option to choose Ecuador as my country so I chose US (the region of the games in my country is NTSC), but there is stuff that I just can't download even though it should be available worldwide, like the GoW maps and some demos, but there doesn't seem to be any problem with the Live arcade games. It's pretty much impossible to find the game fisically here for cheap or even used, so that was my only option

AlStrong

a Master Ninja said:
So basically the goal is to make it fit in the 10MB EDRAM to prevent wasting additional processing power stitching the image back together?

Resolving the tiles isn't the main problem. The main performance penalty is that any polygon primitives that span multiple tiles (2 or more) are re-processed incurring a higher geometry load. The larger the framebuffer size (whether it be due to using MSAA or higher colour precision), the smaller the screenspace tiles are, increasing the chance of polygon primitives spanning multiple tiles. Tiling imposes no increase in pixel processing.

duckroll

a Master Ninja said:
I can't believe we don't know more about Ninja Cinema.
16jowns.jpg

Is it as limited as DOA4's saved films (where only the top of the leaderboards could upload films)? The fact that they said they implemented it in less than a week has me concerned. Can I send my favorite films to friends?

Good question, if I can share replays with anyone on my friends list that would be insanely awesome. Otherwise, it would be somewhat limited.

Teknoman

Hopefully it'll actually be in store on June the 3rd. I plan on going there and picking that and Condemned 2 at the same time...hopefully. Better not be sold out because of the sale.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Teknoman said:
Hopefully it'll actually be in store on June the 3rd. I plan on going there and picking that and Condemned 2 at the same time...hopefully. Better not be sold out because of the sale.

Ships on the 3rd, to be in most stores on the 4th, dude.

soldat7

U K Narayan said:
I normally don't care about that stuff. But if this is true, I think it's fairly representative as to how lazy Team Ninja (or Itagaki) has gotten.

How are they lazy all of a sudden? One of these days people will start to realize that the 360/PS3 are not as powerful as they're cracked up to be.

Ifrit

McDragon said:
Xbox Originals are IP locked, don't bother.

That sucks, well at least I'm not missing much, I played hell out of it back then on a friend's xbox (the game was stolen along with the xbox) but I just wanted to have it because it rocks

Thanks for the responses

ThirdEye

OnBackOrder said:
I guess Kojima failed because MGS4 is sub HD right?
Didn't he even admit PS3 was not powerful enough to realize the initial vision but he's satisfied with the outcome? Itagaki, on the other hand, insulted what his subordinate made for PS3 and DMC4 and claimed NG2 is the best and the baddest in the genre.

damn i had a feeling that it was sub hd. i commented on how nasty the sky looks right after i played the demo. plus a lot of the textures are kinda muddy looking (the brick walls). and especially after comparing it to sigma which is nice and crisp (but jaggie as hell).

BUT i had no idea it would be that low :\

I could rip the demo off of my hdd and put it online as an iso (like that GH3 demo a while back) however it would mean taking off the casing on my 120gb hdd and I'm not willing to do that. Sorry guys.

OverHeat

« generous god »
grap3fruitman said:
I could rip the demo off of my hdd and put it online as an iso (like that GH3 demo a while back) however it would mean taking off the casing on my 120gb hdd and I'm not willing to do that. Sorry guys.

You would be GAF Hero!

I still haven't tested it. I don't know if demos are signed to the console like other content is. I wouldn't want to give my unbanned console's id away to MS and attempting to remove it if it is there would break the signature so it wouldn't load.

Anyone in the NW Chicagoland area have one of those 20gb->120gb transfer cables that come with the 120gb hdds? I'd try it with that.

grap3fruitman said:

No more false hope

Tokubetsu

For those who do have the demo, what's your best karma score so far? Mines 55,749. I managed to string together 9 UT's in that zen garden with the claws. It was awesome.

soldat7 said:
How are they lazy all of a sudden? One of these days people will start to realize that the 360/PS3 are not as powerful as they're cracked up to be.
Shut up! The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 can render 4D. They are powerful.

Top Bottom