• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NextGen Wheels peripherals PS4 and Xbox One Thread: NeoGaf Wheel Club Updates in OP

Foshy

So I just got an Xbox One with Forza 5 and am enjoying it a lot with my controller, but I'd love to play it with a wheel and am looking for some options.

I currently own a Logitech G27 for PS3 and am very happy with it. Googling around, I found this converter which looks very interesting, as it would be cheaper and takes up less space than buying a completely new wheel. Can anyone here provide some feedback on it?

The converter will not provide you with any force feedback, so simply forget it.

Actually they claim to have force feedback. I don't believe it but going to their website and downloading the instruction manual they say you can have 5 levels of force feedback.

amar212

Actually they claim to have force feedback. I don't believe it but going to their website and downloading the instruction manual they say you can have 5 levels of force feedback.

It is simply impossible technically. Converter can use only rumble effect and transfer it into some shake, but there is no technical way they can provide any force feedback effect by any mean.

Take this with a huge grain of salt for now

I just want some confirmation Fanatec/Logitec will work on the PS4 (Fanatec emulates Logitec drivers)... I'll buy one tomorrow if I can get some confirmation...

I do know Logitec is working on two new wheels, one for PS3 and the other Xbone... I hear they will be "top of the line" wheels meant to remain current on the market for years to come just as the G25 and G27 has... I do hope this isn't a death nail to current wheels... And the end of a one wheel solution that works on all platforms...

Yeah, I was shocked too as I'm well aware of the Logitec Announcement last year. I learned of this behind closed doors at E3 but not from a developer or publisher of games. We should learn more closer to a major driving game release.

It would be a PS4 wheel (and separate Xbone)... I use Fanatec so my interest in logitec is only that Fanatec mirror their drivers so Fanatec doesn't need custom coding for support in games.

I learned very little but as I'm also a driver in real life the party informing me had a point to make beyond games. The only other statement I heard was "They will be better than anything on the commercial market today, for consoles, and they will still be PC compatible." But who really knows until there is a proper announcement, add a grain of salt.

Return of the wheel king?

Any reviews of the Mad Catz Xbox One wheel yet? Supposed to be shipping this week.

TH8A is to be released end of August, hoping there's a chance it can be modded for use with the T500 RS too.

Edit: oh the the TH8 doesn't connect through the wheel, just standalone USB.

Another edit:

Just wanted to add the shifter is being released with a mini DIN and USB. Some good news at last!

Mascot

FANATEC SUPPORT!

Any news?

SMS are promising news about PS4 wheel support next week, according to Twitter.

amar212

Finally some light next week (thanx Three60 for the tip):

https://twitter.com/WMDCars/status/487303626495631360

cEqtoAo.jpg

New firmware released for the TX.

TX Racing Wheel: New firmware “V47” now available
Changes implemented in Firmware V47:
- Added compatibility with the “TH8A SHIFTER”.
- Added the “WHEEL SENSITIVITY ADJUST” feature which, on Xbox One™, enables players to adjust the wheel's sensitivity level according to the selected rotation angle; 4 sensitivity levels are available.
- Added the “AUTO-CLUTCH” feature which, in some games for Xbox One™, enables players to select the “manual gear shift with clutch” option, even if they don't have a clutch pedal.
- Added the “CENTER VALUE ADJUST” feature, which enables users to reconfigure the wheel's preset center value.
- Optimized compatibility with the “FERRARI 458 CHALLENGE WHEEL Add-On” in games for Xbox One™ and PC.
- Optimized compatibility with the “FERRARI F1 WHEEL Add-On" in games for Xbox One™ and PC.
- Optimized “Xbox One™ protocol”.
Full details here:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=367&cid=15

Megasoum

Banned
Thomas (Fanatec) gives an interesting answer to me at GTPlanet discussion:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/logitech-wheels-on-ps4.313536/

Hmmm interesting. I received my new TX yesterday but I'm keeping my CSR just in case since PS4 is the only platform I'm not covered for yet.

Since the hardware is so similar between the TX and the T300 I wonder if there's any way somebody could make either a custom firmware for the TX to emulate the T300 or maybe some kind of USB box to convert the signal.

mr stroke

Figure I would post the heads up here too.

G27 on sale for $209 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NT9TK4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Dang I really want to buy one since I never got around to playing GT6, but is this a bad decision wheel GAF?

I would use it a ton on my pc(if it's compatible with every pc racing game?) but I feel like it would be a throw away since ps3 is close to dead.

It's either that or buy the Thrustmaster Xbone wheel to use with PC and Xbone.

Bildocube

The whole wheel situation is very aggravating to me. I wanted to get a G27 for PS4/PC but seeing as it's not supported by PS4 I guess my choices are Thrustmaster... and Thrustmaster.

What makes matters worse is that I want to get a wheel for both consoles because I want to get my Horizon 2 on and my Driveclub on both. So my options are crazy expensive.

Does anyone from GAF have a wheel stand? Wheel Stand Pro? Any opinions on those?

Wheel stand pro is really good.

Was a bit worried about the centre post but at least from my seating position it hasn't been an issue. Clonked my ankle a couple of times on the quick release mechanism but can't really fault it.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Logitech needs to at least release some kind of statement.

For the PS4 it's either spend a fortune for a good wheel or buy a piece of shit.. no middle ground.

That's not good.

outsida

I want a wheel for my Xbox One but I hear the Thrustmaster TX is a bit hit and miss with breaking down and I'm just scared to spend $400 dollars on a Mad Catz product. Been thinking about just picking up a cheap G27 and using my CronusMax until I can be sure about which to roll the dice on.

This is just a shitty situation no matter how i look at it. I mean, it´s USB and i expected to work on PS4 just like it does on any computer. I´m just sad because i don´t want to buy another wheel just because of the PS4. Wheels cost a fortune here in Brazil and i´m still happy with my old G25 that does everything i need.

Don´t know what to do once Pcars comes out. I know for sure my PC can´t play it, so i´m just lost. Never thought they would screw this up so badly for PS4. I´m not even questioning who´s responsible for the fuck up, it´s just a horrible situation.

So from what I see in that post from Thomas is that it's ALL in Sony's hands at this point for Fanatec (current/older models) wheels to work on the PS4?

#ForTheGamers, indeed. I'm not buying a new wheel, my setup is more than perfect for PC racing so Rift+PC it is. I won't purchase a single racing game for the PS4 ... already made the mistake of buying NFS at launch with hopes of upcoming wheel support.

Megasoum

Banned
So from what I see in that post from Thomas is that it's ALL in Sony's hands at this point for Fanatec (current/older models) wheels to work on the PS4?

#ForTheGamers, indeed. I'm not buying a new wheel, my setup is more than perfect for PC racing so Rift+PC it is. I won't purchase a single racing game for the PS4 ... already made the mistake of buying NFS at launch with hopes of upcoming wheel support.

Yeah I kinda stopped caring about the PS4 wheel situation.

I bought a TX so I'm covered for both PC and XB1 which is what is most important right now.

We won't get a new Gran Turismo for a loooooong time on PS4 and while Driveclub might be nice with a wheel, I don't really mind playing arcade racers with the controller.

By the time we get a proper Grand Turismo on PS4 I'll probably be able to find cheap T300 bases that I'll be able to use with my CSP Pedals and my TX rims/accessories.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm assuming they are still bashing heads with Logitech for support then and not giving up on it just yet.

I doubt they're bashing heads with anyone at logitech. If Sony/logitech decide to support old wheels, I bet driveclub will get a patch. But that isn't for Evo to be driving forward (no pun intended)

It will basically be an impasse. Logitech have no financial benefit to spend money developing a driver that allows users to continue to use old wheels that they have already bought - that isn't bringing new money into logitech. They could do it for brand value and goodwill, but they may be too shortsighted to do that.

Sony *could* offer to fund that driver development, but then that would potentially set a bad precedent for other hardware companies that need to develop drivers for hardware accessories.

Sony, if you are reading this, I will not buy a PS4 if you will not support the G27 and other Logitech wheels. I lead a sports car club and the members most likely will switch to PC for our simulation needs if you refuse to support our existing equipment.

Sony, if you are reading this, I will not buy a PS4 if you will not support the G27 and other Logitech wheels. I lead a sports car club and the members most likely will switch to PC for our simulation needs if you refuse to support our existing equipment.
It's not Sony refusing to support, it's Logitech not developing drivers.

Foshy

Does anyone of you know if the Thrustmaster 458 TX Xbox One wheel is compatible with the T500 RS pedals and shifter, or only with the T3PA and TH8A?

Top Bottom