• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet Pre-Order Bonuses (By the gods, what have I become)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
mr_nothin said:
WOW
And ppl were worried about marketing for LBP
A WHOLE event for this game....:D

It was part of an event, Sony made a LBP lounge/booth area for LBP in this larger fair.

Here's some pics from Edinburgh:

2749656187_9b1970f298_b.jpg

2749648271_038e41cc0f_b.jpg

2749650119_0f0f856017.jpg

2749653287_0075b87745_b.jpg

spaceball.gif

gantz85

Banned
gofreak said:
It was part of an event, Sony made a LBP lounge/booth area for LBP in this larger fair.

Here's some pics from Edinburgh:

2749656187_9b1970f298_b.jpg

2749648271_038e41cc0f_b.jpg

2749650119_0f0f856017.jpg

2749653287_0075b87745_b.jpg

spaceball.gif

Oh SHIT. The pictures and the tasks and the characters all look amazing :D:D:D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sticker puzzles are going to be so hot.

Imagine challenges were you have to figure out a password, and paste the right sequence of letters to a surface in order to proceed. Indeed, you could even password protect your levels using that mechanic! We could have private Gaffers-only level :p

It could be used for a lot of branching behaviour too.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Septimus said:
Didn't they already say there are private levels you can make? Normal password I'd assume.

Don't remember hearing about that.

Well, you have your own local levels you haven't published yet. I think you can invite friends into those levels.

But I don't think they've talked about password-protecting published levels.

But sticker puzzles would provide a way..

WTF! They were showing it in Edinburgh yesterday? Was it an open event? Does that mean I could've taken a train to Edinburgh yesterday and played LBP!? WTF!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ask them how many different switch types there are! And what they are?

Ask them too about AI brain types for enemies? How many, what do they do etc. etc.?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Details on Amazon.com and Gamestop bonuses:

http://littlebigplanet.us.playstation.com/post/2008/08/Pre-Order-Details-Amazon--GameStop.aspx

Amazon gets the digital Creators' mini-guide from Brady Games, Gamestop gets Kratos. Also mentions that the Kratos costume comes in 4 parts, which can be mixed and matched with other parts too.

I wonder if Amazon preorders will get immediate access to the guide..if so, it might offer some new info on the create tools ahead of the game's release.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I was wondering if you could mix the parts. I won't be using Narikos parts and the rest of the preorder items aren't appealing. Kartos it is than.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Tisan said:
So i Gamestop (and thus EB Games Australia) are getting Kratos, where would I be able to pick up a Nariko?
I want both :)

I'm sure you will be able to purchase it DLC style after the games release. Not straight away but eventually.

BTW do you really use EB Games in Australia?? They are ridiculously overpriced.

gofreak said:
Details on Amazon.com and Gamestop bonuses:

http://littlebigplanet.us.playstation.com/post/2008/08/Pre-Order-Details-Amazon--GameStop.aspx

Amazon gets the digital Creators' mini-guide from Brady Games, Gamestop gets Kratos. Also mentions that the Kratos costume comes in 4 parts, which can be mixed and matched with other parts too.

I wonder if Amazon preorders will get immediate access to the guide..if so, it might offer some new info on the create tools ahead of the game's release.

nice! Kratos is mine :D

DrXym

Tisan said:
So i Gamestop (and thus EB Games Australia) are getting Kratos, where would I be able to pick up a Nariko?
I want both :)

Its fairly predictable that they will be available as add-ons for LBP at some point. If PAIN is any guide then expect PSN to be awash with Sackboy costumes costing 99 cents or similar.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I always wanted to go to the Edinburgh Interactive Festival. I've always been working though. :(

commissar

Dizzan said:
I'm sure you will be able to purchase it DLC style after the games release. Not straight away but eventually.

BTW do you really use EB Games in Australia?? They are ridiculously overpriced.
Yeah, true. I can see this game being more of a money sink than rock band :s

And the EB people I know are pretty rad, so they help me I help them.

How much do you think Eye Toy's cost to produce?

Do you think Sony would ever try and pull a Nintendo and bundle the eye toy with the main game in order to increase accessory attach rates and increase sales of LBP (since it has a higher value proposition, not that this game needs it or anything)

Evander

"industry expert"
Private Hoffman said:
How much do you think Eye Toy's cost to produce?

Do you think Sony would ever try and pull a Nintendo and bundle the eye toy with the main game in order to increase accessory attach rates and increase sales of LBP (since it has a higher value proposition, not that this game needs it or anything)

Eye of Judgement.

I cant believe it but I am looking more forward to this game than anything announced or unannounced on the
horizon and its coming out in OCT!

Zoe

tha_con said:
How big is the bag?

Big enough to carry the game, apparently. But who knows if that's just the disc (why would you do that) or if it includes the case.

Evander said:
Where is my LBPouch details?

Both the retailers mentioned above start their pre-order campaigns today so if you like what you see, check out either Amazon or GameStop and pre-order now. If you’re still on hold for the other items, stay tuned for more info on the Exclusive LittleBigPouch, LittleBigStickerBook and Nariko SackGirl soon.

;o

Evander

"industry expert"
DMPrince said:

Exactly my point!

I'm already going to have to forsake my long-standing GameStop pre-order in order to get this pouch. I need to figure out exactly what I'm going to have to do.

It had BETTER NOT be exclusive to some store that doesn't exist in my region.

patsu

Both the retailers mentioned above start their pre-order campaigns today so if you like what you see, check out either Amazon or GameStop and pre-order now. If you’re still on hold for the other items, stay tuned for more info on the Exclusive LittleBigPouch, LittleBigStickerBook and Nariko SackGirl soon.

Aaaaahhhhh ! I pre-ordered at GameStop while I pre-ordered my R2. I want the pouch too...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DAMN, I keep seeing more new mechanics and it makes the game rise to this truly special place. And to think that we can create almost anything in this. And the story segments and interactivity with the puzzles look stunning. It's like this game has you and keeps showing many more reasons why it is one of the best games ever made. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOOW.

Top Bottom