• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Caladrius

Though I tend to act 12.

fYfxDvi.jpg

When not fighting, Shadow Yukari and Elizabeth like to lay down, relax and stare into each other's eyes

Is that Nemissa

Getting caught up with P4GA (still haven't seen Ep4 yet), and I find that I'm really enjoying it. It's nice to have the Golden content as more of a slice-of-life anime, without having to retread all of the original story/dungeons/whatnot. I also really like that they've included Marie in more of the scenes, since I felt they should have done that in the game when I first played it. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Marie has now officially bumped Chie from my favorite P4 character spot.

And I cannot wait until the P4GA OSTs start coming out next month, because I just keep replaying Dazzling Smile on YouTube and I want the full song! XD

Idk about America but amazon.ca seems to be discounting a bunch of upcoming games, if you have any preorders it's worth checking out. Both normal and limited editions of PQ got a price cut, 44.99 and 71.99 respectively:

Normal:
http://www.amazon.ca/Persona-Shadow-Labyrinth-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00KVRK3EU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407160865&sr=8-2&keywords=persona+q

Limited:
http://www.amazon.ca/Persona-Shadow-Labyrinth-Premium-Nintendo/dp/B00KVRK39A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407160865&sr=8-1&keywords=persona+q

Also, P4AU, which is now 53.99 (if you weren't able to snag it at 50.99 not too long ago):
http://www.amazon.ca/Atlus-PS-00153-8-Persona-Arena-Ultimax/dp/B00KBD4SJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407161163&sr=8-1&keywords=persona+4+arena+ultimax

Again this is on amazon.ca, and pretty much anything that's coming out soon got a little price cut. Idk if amazon.com is doing the same or not.

Levito

Banned
My High School years entail not focusing on school enough, partying too much, and playing too much World Of Warcraft. Although there was also a point when I was culled into climbing a giant tower full of monsters with some other dumb teenagers. When we got to the top some My Chemical Romance fan died.

I'm 27.

Musolf815

Getting caught up with P4GA (still haven't seen Ep4 yet), and I find that I'm really enjoying it. It's nice to have the Golden content as more of a slice-of-life anime, without having to retread all of the original story/dungeons/whatnot. I also really like that they've included Marie in more of the scenes, since I felt they should have done that in the game when I first played it. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Marie has now officially bumped Chie from my favorite P4 character spot.

And I cannot wait until the P4GA OSTs start coming out next month, because I just keep replaying Dazzling Smile on YouTube and I want the full song! XD

Totally agree, P4GA is a really nice show to just watch and relax. I'm digging it so far.

kewlmyc

Cool, now we just need someone to actually play Shadow Yukari. :(

Because nobody does, not even Tahichi.

Translation, please? I like the way they drew Margaret's face in the last panel there...

Things Scrafty did in high school:

1. Championed the trivia team, leading them to 2 gold medals and one silver as well as earning the title of "Quiz King Scrafty"
2. Championed the debate team, leading them to one gold medal and one special accommodation
3. Championed the yearbook team, causing that semester's yearbook to sell better than the previous two combined
4. Starred in a production of Noises Off and successfully managed to out-Michael Caine Michael Caine
5. Acted like a general dork whom no one liked

I just noticed your avatars. You guys doing some sort of DR2 girls themed month?

Mdesilva

My favorite DR girl of both games is Ibuki so I'll make it when I get home.
If you want to do what we've been doing, just find a sprite you like and ask MikeHattsu in the avatar request thread to do a black/white background like he did for the other ones.

So I just finished playing through Bravely Default, and anyone who has played that game knows of 'the moment' in that game, where I am assuming a lot of people said "Fuck this" and dropped it.

So I was thinking about it, and there are quite a few games that have 'those moments', but it seems to be something that the Persona franchise (or at least the recent ones) dont seem to have.

So my question to you PGaf is, has there been a moment in the Persona franchise (or any SMT game for that matter), where you decided, or nearly decided, to just say fuck it and quit?

So I just finished playing through Bravely Default, and anyone who has played that game knows of 'the moment' in that game, where I am assuming a lot of people said "Fuck this" and dropped it.

So I was thinking about it, and there are quite a few games that have 'those moments', but it seems to be something that the Persona franchise (or at least the recent ones) dont seem to have.

So my question to you PGaf is, has there been a moment in the Persona franchise (or any SMT game for that matter), where you decided, or nearly decided, to just say fuck it and quit?

Around the first dungeon of The Answer, locked difficulty bit me in the ass.

Meia

The moment in the Answer when Metis is forced upon you and you're fucked if you didn't have her from the beginning.

Around a mid-way point in any SMT game where I realize that there just isn't any semblance of a story and I feel like I'm wasting my time(SMT1 remains the only SMT that I've beaten). Not bad games, but it just doesn't feel like there's much of anything resembling a story in them to keep me going. It's probably for this reason why I've not beaten any Pokemon game since the original Gold... /shrug

abrack08

I turned 24 in April

SMTIV Neutral Route
sidequest grinding got a bit too tedious for my liking

Generally...for the Persona series...nothing much. Was quite relieved when I finally got past Sleeping Table though.

Same thing happened to me in SMTIV. I really liked the game, got the neutral path without trying on my first playthrough which was cool. Then that happens and I was just like "Eh, I don't feel like doing that right now" and haven't played it since. Just killed all my desire to play.

I was also in the marching band, and we also played at Disneyland, so me, Corvo, and Acid are Disneyland band bros. I was on the drumline in high school. I stopped when I went to college because my school didn't have a front ensemble/pit and I didn't want to march, but kinda wish I stuck with it.

I skipped school too much in high school, I actually had to go to court for Truancy, but the case was dropped. My mom is the billing manager at a hospital and she had some doctors write me fake doctors notes and we just said I always forgot to turn them in at school.

FluxWaveZ

Same thing happened to me in SMTIV. I really liked the game, got the neutral path without trying on my first playthrough which was cool. Then that happens and I was just like "Eh, I don't feel like doing that right now" and haven't played it since. Just killed all my desire to play.

Same here, and it's a shame. Was enjoying the game until that point. Still have to get back to it to finish it off, eventually.

I turned 24 in April

Funny. I played through all the routes so I wouldn't have to do them again after I got Neutral. Then I realized
"Aw, hell! Ishtar is chaos only and I didn't get her!"
Waiting to get my 3DS with a capture board so I can finish it properly.

Setsu00

So, it's almost Tuesday. Brace yourselves for disappointment
in case you were actually hopeful that something substantial happens

FluxWaveZ

in case you were actually hopeful that something substantial happens

Actually, I'm hopeful that Margaret's going to be confirmed for P4AU tomorrow. I'm going to double down on my theory 3 for the final character layout, and this week might be a good time to show off a new character.

Not expecting P4D or P5 at all, but that'd be cool.

MSMrRound

Turned 24 in April as well.

-"Famitsu scoop"
-"The World Ends With You special event with Tetsuya Nomura and staff on 07/08/14"

Yep...even if nothing happens for Persona 4 Ultimax, I'm already bracing for disappointment.

Dantis

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Dantis, I know you love your obnoxious comments, but lets not talk crazy here.

I wouldn't actually want nothing over TWEWY 2, but I do dislike TWEWY a heck of a lot.

I hope you're not being serious at all :(

I do not like green eggs and ham The World Ends With You.

I don't actually care about depriving other people of it though, because that would be silly.

Mdesilva

I wouldn't actually want nothing over TWEWY 2, but I do dislike TWEWY a heck of a lot.
I don't think we can be friends anymore.

I'm still recovering from the countdown site thing Square Enix did two years ago for Solo Remix, that IOS port. Nothing can disappoint me after that event.

Special event with creators teased:
http://www.khinsider.com/news/The-World-Ends-With-You-Preview-Night-on-August-7th-3717
Not just that, but they teased a new game at the end of Solo Remix too.

A n d n o t h i n g h a p p e n e d

That would be a Megaton for me. TWEWY is in my top 10 games of all time, for sure.

But, if it exists, it will probably be a mobile game :/

Knowing modern Squeenix, it'll be a F2P browser-based game in which you need to wait 24 hours between random encounters or buy an item that reduces the wait down to 24 minutes.

PK Gaming

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Multiple times in fact

• I was ready to quit right off the bat; I couldn't handle the antiquated translation and awful translation.
  • I was ready to quit when I realized I had to keep updating Personas (which meant Tarot grinding)
  • I was ready to quit when I spent 2 hours traversing huge sprawling dungeon that had pits
  • I was ready to quit when I was stuck on this annoying boss
A large source of my motivation stemmed fact that I didn't want to lose to Persona 2:EP. I was gonna beat all of the Persona games, goddamnit.

CorvoSol

I have opinions about Bravely Default and most of them aren't positive.

Anyway, there was never a time where I felt like dropping P4 or SMT4 because MMMM P4 and because I spent good money on SMT4. But P3 I came close because of that nonsense with losing a save on accident well into the game and P2IS the climb up the mountain and bullshit dungeon after it had me pretty damn close.

The only time I've actually said "fuck it I'm done" though was Persona 1's final boss. Because fuck that bullshit.

Mdesilva

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Multiple times in fact

• I was ready to quit right off the bat; I couldn't handle the antiquated translation and awful translation.
  • I was ready to quit when I realized I had to keep updating Personas (which meant Tarot grinding)
  • I was ready to quit when I spent 2 hours traversing huge sprawling dungeon that had pits
  • I was ready to quit when I was stuck on this annoying boss
A large source of my motivation stemmed fact that I didn't want to lose to Persona 2:EP. I was gonna beat all of the Persona games, goddamnit.
You're making me not want to play this anymore.

DNAbro

WAIT WAIT WAIT TWEWY2???

YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF THAT.

Though I do think it's funny that Persona 4 Golden replaced TWEWY as my second favorite game of all time.

Top Bottom