• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Dantis

ihMGHZt.png

Hello!

Welcome to the Persona Community Thread. This thread has been created as a place to discuss all things around and about the Persona series, both within its mainline games as well as various spinoffs and re-releases.

Previous OTs:

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull Up A Chair!

ikt6.png

PLEASE READ - IN REGARDS TO SPOILERS

There are four new Persona games incoming over the next six or so months, and so we have special rules relating to spoilers for these four games (Persona Q, Persona Ultimax, Persona Dancing All Night and ESPECIALLY PERSONA 5).

1. PLOT POINTS ARE NOT TO BE DISCUSSED OPENLY AND MUST BE SPOILER TAGGED AND MARKED AS PLOT POINTS, and generally should only be discussed at all if it actually pertains to the conversation. There will be appropriate threads to discuss the finer details elsewhere.

2. DO NOT EMBED ANY EVENT SCENES FROM ANY OF THE GAMES. People want to experience these things in context themselves. Please don't embed them, and if you want to post one, just post a link instead.

3. SPOILER TAG THE ULTIMAX DLC CHARACTER. This thread has become a place that people visit when they are either just starting or are midway through the game. I understand that it's frustrating, but this is what we agreed upon.

4. . No embedding Persona 5 images beyond things like the main character designs. No dungeon shots, no event shots, nothing like that.

This is a thread for people who are passionate about Persona, and different people consider different things to be spoilers. Some people will want to go into the games entirely fresh, and we shouldn't hinder that. Being NeoGAF, all new media will have its own dedicated thread anyway, so if you desperately want to talk about something without tagging it, those threads would be the place.

Outside of these specific rules, the same rules as other Community Threads applies. Be civil with people, mark your spoilers, and where possible, try to stay on topic.

pe4.png

IRC Channel

The IRC Channel is a place to chat with this community, but without being restricted to discussing Persona. It is almost always occupied and a great place to just hang out.

UPDATE: Spoilers are now banned in the main IRC channel, and a separate channel has been created to accommodate them.

Just a friendly reminder, what with the Japanese release of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax coming up, we do have a no spoilers policy for the IRC. However we have also set aside a channel (#pspoilers) for people to freely discuss such things.

If you wish to connect with the web based IRC client to both channels, you can use this link. Click here to connect to both #PersonaGAF and #pspoilers. Alternatively, if you're already in the channel and want to manually join, just type "/join #pspoilers" without the quotation marks. However do note that anything goes in the spoiler channel and I will just laugh at you if you join and get spoiled for something you didn't want to see.

Steam Group

We also have a Steam group, which gets less use now due to the IRC. However, it's still a good place for one-on-one conversations and a good tool for the community.

Twitter

Most of us have, use and interact with each other on Twitter. I'm not going to list everyone's user names, but I'm sure that if you wanted to follow someone, they'd be happy to give out their Twitter handle.

p88j.png

S Link FM is a Persona themed podcast hosted by a handful of guys from the Persona community. Aside from covering many Persona related topics, they have also interviewed many of the actors from the Persona games, such as Karen Strassman and Erin Fitzgerald.

The Brink of Memories is the Tumblr that I run where I put all of my Persona fanart that I draw. I update it fairly regularly because drawing is just something I enjoy doing. There's a good amount of my art on there, and it's maybe worth checking out if you're interested in that kind of thing.

FluxWaveZ recently opened up this Persona fan site, with the aim to create a place to keep a reliable, consistent update of the most recent Persona news.

Scrafty & PK's Excellent Adventure is a let's play of Persona 3 hosted by Community members PK Gaming and Scrafty Devil. It's great fun to watch, and it's enjoyable to be able to see people from the community play something that we're all passionate about.

Aside from these four projects, we have lots of smaller things going on. Various people stream games (Often SMT related). ShmeebAlina, Arue and Jintor contribute occasional art. TheTrueSelf creates various wallpapers, avatars and whatever. There's a lot of stuff going on.

So that's us. Hopefully you'll like it here enough to stay.

Its finally here! The thread in which I turn from a junior to a full fledged member!

To celebrate, here is some best girl Chie :D
ft6QSXFl.jpg

Meia

Welcome to the new thread folks!

So what you're saying is that it's unfortunate that I've bookmarked the last two pages to re-post all these lovely images on page one of the new OT when it gets made?

:D

My title choice would have been: Persona Community Thread |OT6| QUICK GET TO PAGE TWO!(No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Naoto is on the new banner. Thank you, Dantis.

Welcome to the new thread folks!

My title choice would have been: Persona Community Thread |OT6| QUICK GET TO PAGE TWO!(No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

WHY? WHYYYYYYY?

Actually, I knew someone bookmarked something from the last thread but I couldn't remember what.

arue

Wow new OT already? And good OT title choice there!

P5 probably won't come out during OT 6, but I expect some P5 news to come out anytime soon though.

Also, that banner is great Dantis!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hi.

John Hardin is a pretty cool guy, eh eats a jumbo hot dog in two minutes and six seconds and doesn't afraid of anything.

But seriously, it was really fun hanging out with him.

Top Bottom