• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

Also be patient for P5 guys, it'll come out when it comes out. I always hate it when people bitch about release dates or whatever, it just comes across as entitled to me, idk why.

For us oldschool fans, the wait is pretty antagonizing. We already had a six/seven year wait between Persona 2 and Persona 3, and it seemed liked we'd be past that given the popularity of the franchise now.

Yet here we are with another six year wait, with the only difference being we've gotten a lot of spinoffs, ports, and remakes to sate us for the time being. Worse, we didn't get a massive 10+ minute trailer like we did for the reveals of Persona 3 and Persona 4.

It's just kinda tiring, you know? We don't care how long we have to wait for the game, but it'd be nice to not be completely in the dark. That's what made the big Persona event last year so amazing; we FINALLY got the information we had been waiting for so long.

King Fost

Neo Member
For us oldschool fans, the wait is pretty antagonizing. We already had a six/seven year wait between Persona 2 and Persona 3, and it seemed liked we'd be past that given the popularity of the franchise now.

Yet here we are with another six year wait, with the only difference being we've gotten a lot of spinoffs, ports, and remakes to sate us for the time being. Worse, we didn't get a massive 10+ minute trailer like we did for the reveals of Persona 3 and Persona 4.

It's just kinda tiring, you know? We don't care how long we have to wait for the game, but it'd be nice to not be completely in the dark. That's what made the big Persona event last year so amazing; we FINALLY got the information we had been waiting for so long.

Yeah sorry, I worded it very poorly. It's just that in many cases regarding game release dates, it usually does come across as very entitled since there's usually a good reason for delays or for a long development period; rushing it would ruin that. I don't think the people here are entitled for wanting more info though it's worth noting that honestly this is an improvement given how the only info we were given for P3/P4 and its trailers was like pretty much right before the release iirc.

I guess its kind of touchy though, sorry.

On another topic, I noticed that one of the most common requests for new Persona games is extra costumes/customization. My idea for Persona 5 regarding that is Tekken style customization: you can spend money on separate outfits, hair dye, items, etc. and can mix and match however you want.

MarkusRJR

I'm trying to play Persona 4: Arena and Ultimax on my Xbox but I seriously can't play with a controller. What cheap fighting stick would you guys recommend? My local store has a Hori Fighting Edge VX, but I'm not sure if the button layout would work.

Also, I played an hour or so of Persona Q and am loving it. Wishing I went with my gut and got the Persona Q 3DS XL. Saw one in person and they look awesome. Is PQ what Etrian Odyssey is like or is there a lot less story in EO?

Sophia

I'm trying to play Persona 4: Arena and Ultimax on my Xbox but I seriously can't play with a controller. What cheap fighting stick would you guys recommend? My local store has a Hori Fighting Edge VX, but I'm not sure if the button layout would work.

Also, I played an hour or so of Persona Q and am loving it. Wishing I went with my gut and got the Persona Q 3DS XL. Saw one in person and they look awesome. Is PQ what Etrian Odyssey is like or is there a lot less story in EO?

Try to get a stick that uses authentic Japanese parts, if you can and it's within your budget. Of which I believe the stick you mentioned does have them. Beyond that, it's largely personal preference as the controls can be completely re-customized in every fighting game.

King Fost

Neo Member
So I'm a bit confused on how the sub-persona system works. I know it gives a character access to the sub-persona's skills but do they get the weaknesses/resistances? Are they restricted by arcana? Do wild card users still function as they normally do and can swap out a main persona in battle from a stock or are they locked to Orpheus/Izanagi and a sub-persona like everyone else? How would the compendium work?

Yeah sorry, I worded it very poorly. It's just that in many cases regarding game release dates, it usually does come across as very entitled since there's usually a good reason for delays or for a long development period; rushing it would ruin that. I don't think the people here are entitled for wanting more info though it's worth noting that honestly this is an improvement given how the only info we were given for P3/P4 and its trailers was like pretty much right before the release iirc.

I guess its kind of touchy though, sorry.

They would have been better off with a vague 'Coming Soon' or 'More Info to Follow' in that first trailer instead of 'Winter 2014'.

Also, 'entitled' is just the worst.

I'm trying to secure tickets to Persona Super Live, where might I be able to do so once they're on sale? Or should I ask this question again in the next thread, as we're nearing page 400?

Busaiku

So I'm a bit confused on how the sub-persona system works. I know it gives a character access to the sub-persona's skills but do they get the weaknesses/resistances? Are they restricted by arcana? Do wild card users still function as they normally do and can swap out a main persona in battle from a stock or are they locked to Orpheus/Izanagi and a sub-persona like everyone else? How would the compendium work?

No weaknesses, but you get the HP/HP boosts.
Any character can use any sub Persona.
Makoto and Yu are just like everyone else.
Compendium is the same? You get a Persona (from battle/fusion), it gets registered, and then you can register it later once it's leveled up. Not exactly sure what you're wondering on this.

Dantis

Might put the new OT up before I go to bed (so pretty soon!).

Gonna change the brackets to (Mark PQ and P4U spoilers!), I think.

My vote for the title is still |OT7| P5 is still a no-Sho.

King Fost

Neo Member
No weaknesses, but you get the HP/SP boosts.
Any character can use any sub Persona.
Makoto and Yu are just like everyone else.
Compendium is the same? You get a Persona (from battle/fusion), it gets registered, and then you can register it later once it's leveled up. Not exactly sure what you're wondering on this.

I was wondering if the Compendium was communal or singular, Sophia told me in irc its communal though so I guess that answers it.

Sub-Persona system sounds really cool. If they do allow non-MC characters to have additional personas in P5, I'm wondering if they should use the sub-persona system or a restricted version of P1/P2's arcana compatibility. What I mean by the latter is that each character has a primary arcana and two/three secondary arcana. They can use all personas from their primary arcana and for their secondary arcana, they can use them up to a certain level (with maybe only being able to use personas in their secondary arcana 5 levels lower than their base).

If they don't allow for extra personas, then I say there should be a move tutor/relearner available to allow for some customization for the characters. Either way would be an improvement over P3/P4.

Sophia

Also, everyone has to act like a slightly simplified, exaggerated version of themselves.

I am perfectly capable of doing such an action. However I do not feel as if it would be beneficial to the new thread or it's posters. Therefore, I advice you to cease such suggestions, as your presence could unfavorably inspire others into malicious and inefficient activities.

Enough of a robot for you yet? ;p

I was wondering if the Compendium was communal or singular, Sophia told me in irc its communal though so I guess that answers it.

Yeah your sub Persons are shared among all party members.

Messiah

Just finished the first dungeon and
met the P4 cast
. Game is awesome.

I am pleasantly surprised by the writing honestly, it is legitimately good and not as cheesy as I thought it would be.

See you in the next thread, people
tumblr_my4h04hH8x1r7nz24o2_r1_500.gif

Top Bottom