• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew announced for Xbox 360

Today, Ubisoft® announced that The Crew™ is coming on November 11th to Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, in addition to Xbox One, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. Named “Best Racing Game” of E3 2014 by the Game Critics, The Crew is a revolutionary action-driving MMO that takes gamers on a wild ride throughout a massive open world recreation of the United States, full with exciting challenges and populated by other real players.

“It’s Ubisoft’s objective to continue to meet the needs of consumers who have not yet made the move to the new console generation,” said Geoffroy Sardin, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft. “The Crew was originally built for the new generation of consoles, but we have always had a desire to make it accessible to as many people as possible. We’re excited to bring The Crew’s same core features, massive scope, mission variety, and overall driving experience to Xbox 360 players.”

Asobo Studio is leading development of The Crew for Xbox 360 with support from the teams at Ivory Tower, Ubisoft Reflections and Ubisoft Shanghai.

Ubisoft announced that after the closed beta on PC that took place in July and will resume again on August 25th, a limited number of players will be invited to participate in a closed beta for Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 starting in late September. Exact dates and further details on this closed beta period will be communicated at a later time.

For more information on The Crew, please visit The Crew game.

Lock if old and so on and so forth.

jwk94

"but we have always had a desire to make it accessible to as many people as possible."

So then why isn't it on PS3 too??

Such a weird announcement. No sign of any MS moneyhat but still no ps3 version ? Must have some low preorder numbers or something.

400wattlocker.jpg

"but we have always had a desire to make it accessible to as many people as possible."

So then why isn't it on PS3 too??
More importantly, why isn't it on Wii u? Install base of Wii u vs. active, potential consumers at launch of the game on 360 can't differ THAT much. Then again I'm not a suit at ubi.

Such a weird announcement. No sign of any MS moneyhat but still no ps3 version ? Must have some low preorder numbers or something.

I'm gonna assume MS paid for them to produce a 360 version, MS have a greater desire to keep their fanbase for last gen happy while they work on making current gen more appealing.

More importantly, why isn't it on Wii u? Install base of Wii u vs. active, potential consumers at launch of the game on 360 can't differ THAT much. Then again I'm not a suit at ubi.
Probably part online infrastructure and the fact they've been burnt bad by the WiiU before.

Okay, I know the difference is huge, but like I said, ACTIVE 360 owners with interest in the game. I don't recall anyone asking for this. I'm sure there's a demand, but how many sales are they even forecasting?

Okay, I know the difference is huge, but like I said, ACTIVE 360 owners with interest in the game. I don't recall anyone asking for this. I'm sure there's a demand, but how many sales are they even forecasting?

even if only 10% of 360 owners are still "active" by the time this game releases (which is a pretty huge concession) that's still more than total Wii U owners. It's not even in the same ballpark. They are throwing this game out to a huge userbase that buys these kinds of games to see if a few extra sales can stick. They would not have that luxury on the Wii U. It's selling poorly and does not move much third party software.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm gonna assume MS paid for them to produce a 360 version, MS have a greater desire to keep their fanbase for last gen happy while they work on making current gen more appealing.
This game has been in development for 6 years. Presumably this was only on last gen at one point.

FinalD

Does Ubisoft get a cut from Live/PS+ subscriptions to help fund their servers? Would be a reason to not bring it to PS3 if the expected income vs costs are not high enough.

GavinGT

Banned

If you were to go by what you hear on NeoGAF, you'd think people were actively upset that Destiny is coming to last-gen platforms. In reality, people are psyched that they get to play it on their existing hardware.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
360 would possibly be a simpler development job, meaning lower cost so the return in that investment might balance easier than PS3.

What are the charts saying about PS3/360 sales? I've heard lots about 360 owners being satisfied and not transitioning to this gen quickly, but how about PS3? If software sales are dropping on that platform more quickly then a PS3 version might not be considered worth making.

Random. Perhaps they think it's worth doing a 360 version of compete with forza horizon 2 on both fronts. No racing game on ps3 this fall so they didn't bother there? Fear of loss of mind share/market share by not being in the right places. Or just ubi being ubi

Listonosh

One thing that excited me about The Crew was the fact that it wasn't cross Gen, meaning they wouldn't have to compensate current Gen for last Gen. Damn I'm a bit disappointed by this news, even if it does mean more people will get to play it in the end.

One thing that excited me about The Crew was the fact that it wasn't cross Gen, meaning they wouldn't have to compensate current Gen for last Gen. Damn I'm a bit disappointed by this news, even if it does mean more people will get to play it in the end.

Since this is an different developer, it could mean that it's an entirely different game. Hopefully at least.

I dunno this doesn't feel all that surprising to me.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if we later find out its coming to PS3 as well.

Top Bottom