• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Announcement trailer - Might & Magic Heroes VII

V_Arnold

There will be blood if the rest of the factions is not Rampart and Fortress. Or a Conflux, for variety's sake. Seriously.

(Btw, I loved the middle part of the trailer, however cheesy the opening lines were).

Come on, it is a new heroes! Yaay! I hope they are more daring when it comes to the new meta.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well, just a teaser, but right away there's again this pseudo-warcraftian artstyle that's been plaguing the series since HoMM5. Gonna sit on the fence until we learn more about the game, 6 was a huge disappointment.

I think Heroes, especially the third one, is perfectly suited for Tablets, I would love a HD Remake of HoMM III for Ios/Android. I do not even have a tablet, but I could see it working there, you just need two buttons in the whole game, nothing more.

ramparter

Banned
I know but it says trailer.

Anyway
https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/what-is-might-magic-heroes-vii

WHAT IS A MIGHT & MAGIC® HEROES GAME?
Might & Magic® Heroes is a turn based strategy game, combining resource and town management with exciting RPG elements, to offer a unique and addictive formula.
Different factions are taking part to the battle through exciting campaigns or skirmish scenarios. Alone or with friends, you become the Hero!
You are a strategist, leading your armies to war in order to conquer uncharted lands or enemy territories.
You are an economist; you know the importance of gold and the necessity for resources to develop your empire.
You also are a tactician, giving orders to your units during turn based battles where brains can surpass brawn.
Last but not least: you command Heroes. Heroes are your generals, leading your armies on the field, earning experience to develop their skills and spells, and wielding magical artefacts of immense power.

WHAT ABOUT MIGHT & MAGIC® HEROES VII?
Might & Magic® Heroes VII is all of this, and more!

20 years after the original Might & Magic® Heroes game spellbound gamers across the globe, Might & Magic® Heroes VII not only pays tribute to the famous turn based strategy series, but also builds upon its best features while adding improvements and innovations.

Might & Magic® Heroes VII Shadow Council - Screenshot 1 Might & Magic® Heroes VII Shadow Council - Screenshot 2

You will soon discover more information about the seventh chapter of this saga and also be able to actively influence its development through this website, and especially its vote feature.

On the day of its release, Might & Magic® Heroes VII will offer 6 factions, 2 to be voted by the community. The first vote is already open, check it out!

Qvoth

you guys realized that whatever the voting results will be, the other faction will just be released as DLC right?

ramparter

Banned
Marketing, gets people to share and invite other people.

Guess we know that two more factions will be added later as dlc/expansions.

Nikodemos

The one thing I really don't like is Ubisoft's constant chopping off of factions. Some of them get released in expansions, some don't.

New game seems to have Wizard/Academy, Barbarian/Stronghold, Necromancer/Necropolis and Priest/Haven as vanilla factions. Hopefully you're not fighting against Inferno, again, for the xth time.

ramparter

Banned
New game seems to have Wizard/Academy, Barbarian/Stronghold, Necromancer/Necropolis and Priest/Haven as vanilla factions. Hopefully you're not fighting against Inferno, again, for the xth time.
Plus two more depending on the votes.

Sylvan should win this probably, who knows what the other two will be.

V_Arnold

Sylvan VS Fortress? Fuck you, Ubisoft :(

BOTH. :(

Edit: Bah, it is the dwarf fortress, not the H3 one with hydras and gnolls and gorgons. Sylvans then.

Fou-Lu

I hope it'll be better than the sixth game which I still enjoyed despite everything. Bring back gems/sulfur/mercury!

Voted Sylvan, Fortress will end up DLC anyway.

I spent around an hour with VI because I got distracted with other things so I really need to get back to that. Played the earlier games quite a bit as a youngling.

Edit: Oh yeah, it was also because I got annoyed when I bought the complete pack on steam and it didn't com with the expansion pack for Vi. The solution of course is to stop playing the game all together!

ramparter

Banned
Official statement is we vote for the other two factions on the game but yeah those that doesn't make it will probably follow later.

lordy88

Is anyone else upset to see the 3 Tier system returning from HoMM VI?

It essentially made creatures across the factions generic and create balance from copying and pasting. I want balance from different playstyles across factions, not the same amount of healers/brawlers/archers.

Also looks like they are sticking with three resources again, which I think is another bad move. More resource management equates necessity for exploration and dominating your land, while giving preference for different areas (I need 20 gems for titans, and I don't need mercury right now).

I'm going to go back and give HoMM VI another go, but I have a bad feeling about this...

Wiktor

Well, just a teaser, but right away there's again this pseudo-warcraftian artstyle that's been plaguing the series since HoMM5. Gonna sit on the fence until we learn more about the game, 6 was a huge disappointment.
6 looked nothing like Warcraft. HoMM V did, but VI has completely different art style. Even without looking at the logos it was obvious who made it.

Skab

Sucks that were only getting 6 towns at launch, but it's ubi so dlc should be expected.

I'm in. For now.

Also vote for the dwarfs, damn it!

Wiktor

Nice, but with all the fantasy TBS competition these days they better step up their game.
HoMM is different though. Much more RPG centric than typical fantast TBS, which rather go for 4X style. It's a shame Disciples IP is in a rut right now and Katauri seems content releasing just add-on after add-on for King's Bounty instead of giving us a real sequel. Because of that HoMM doesn't really have any direct competition

Wiktor

Sucks that were only getting 6 towns at launch, but it's ubi so dlc should be expected.

I'm in. For now.

Also vote for the dwarfs, damn it!

I hope this time they will go for full blown expansion packs than DLCs. Those always seem to work and sell better on PC than DLC.

Almighty

Very nice. I am down assuming Ubisoft doesn't do something terrible like it sounds like they are doing with the new Settlers game. Though probably not day one as I expect the game to be really buggy so i will wait for a few patches.

wagamer

Also looks like they are sticking with three resources again, which I think is another bad move. More resource management equates necessity for exploration and dominating your land, while giving preference for different areas (I need 20 gems for titans, and I don't need mercury right now).
Adventure screens (here and here) suggest there will be more resources, but what are they exactly and are they normal resources? This seems to be one of the most requested features.

I like the look of the adventure screen, it's not as disorientating as I thought in VI it was. I don't like the idea of voting the factions, they should all be in the vanilla game. Basically it's just voting for which we want to be left for future DLC.
Still, going to vote for dwarves!

Wiktor

Lomax

Since Ubi seems to have toned back the Uplay crap somewhat in recent releases, maybe this one will actually be worth buying.

∇NKNOWN SHΔPE;125152154 said:
I think Heroes, especially the third one, is perfectly suited for Tablets, I would love a HD Remake of HoMM III for Ios/Android. I do not even have a tablet, but I could see it working there, you just need two buttons in the whole game, nothing more.

Oh god, so much this. Or at least a decent clone. They'd probably turn it into some sort of f2p nightmare though.

Almighty

Preview http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/might-magic-heroes-7/artikel/might_magic_heroes_7,51546,3058798,2.html.

Summary:

7 resources instead of 4
Separate city screens
No teleporting units between cities, need to use caravans
War machines, catapults, first aid tents, ballistas..all are back.
Much more open maps, focus on free exploration
uses Unreal Engine 3
7 campaigns (6 main ones plus one ending one)
More objects/obstacles on battle maps

Sounds very very good so far

Well now I am even more excited for the game. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that Ubisoft doesn't find a way to mess it up.

I'd be excited if they weren't so hard. I gave up on 6 because my enemies were always 100 steps ahead of me and I stopped caring very quickly. It was probably me but I haven't looked back since.

Preview http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/might-magic-heroes-7/artikel/might_magic_heroes_7,51546,3058798,2.html.

Summary:

7 resources instead of 4
Separate city screens
uses Unreal Engine 3

This sounds promising.

jay

What happened to the name of this series?

Also, is there any reason to not just keep playing III?

wagamer

Summary:

7 resources instead of 4
Separate city screens
uses Unreal Engine 3

Awesome news, thanks for the link.

I'd be excited if they weren't so hard. I gave up on 6 because my enemies were always 100 steps ahead of me and I stopped caring very quickly. It was probably me but I haven't looked back since.

I lost during the tutorial campaign :( But once I got hang of the game it wasn't that difficult. It sure seems like a hard game in the beginning.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Summary:

7 resources instead of 4
Separate city screens
uses Unreal Engine 3

Hopefully they keep the territory system from 6. It was so nice not having heroes with a single unit constantly run around and steal all your mines. One of the new mechanics 6 introduced that *vastly* improved the game balanced over the previous entries.

Top Bottom