• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Announcement trailer - Might & Magic Heroes VII

KKRT00

My point was not about aesthetics or complexity, but about readability, as the video shows imo it's really hard to understand where you can or cannot go just looking at the map, only with the help of the signed path(made by very little points :\ ) it's possible to understand the path needed to go somewhere.

I know and i agree for HoMM, but TA didnt lose readability in 3d :)

Maledict

I really hope they fix the awful levelling system from heroes 6. So awfully bland every hero merged into one, and the utterly dull blood / tears moral system should be thrown into the sun.

Tried playing Heroes 6 again last month, wondering why I'd never properly played it despite owning it. I got booted out of the game after half an hour without even the courtesy of an auto-save. Presumably because my internet connection dropped?

I loaded Heroes 2 up immediately afterwards and realized the franchise will never again reach this level of quality.

If HOMM7 requires even a HINT of internet reliance, I'm not giving them a penny.

sorceress.JPG

You're lucky. I've been a diehard HoMM fan since the Heroes 2 demo was on a Coconut Monkey Demo CD for PC gamer, and I can't even get Heroes VI to run. EFFING UPLAY CRASHES EVERY TIME.

I've been able to overcome crappy DRM (Crysis; Gears of War PC), but this "online" stuff with a company that really doesn't care about an actual online infrastructure is borderline extortion. I am glad that I waited to pay $10 for the game and all the expansions on Steam. If I had paid full launch price like I usually do..well, I might have done something shameful in response.

It pains me almost to tears that I cannot even see the LOADING SCREEN of a franchise I have been loyal to for over half of my life. But I should have known that my heart would have been broken when I found out that the game initially launched with NO TOWN SCREENS!

Wut???

Being able to bask upon your fully-constructed town (relic included post HoMM3) with the epic music is a defining-feature of the franchise. HoMM 5, for all of its flaws, did it best with the rotating camera. So when Ubisoft hired yet another company (I remember Nival...didn't bother to remember the current one) and I read about how they were lied to concerning deadlines and the game was "stolen" from them and given to Ubisoft's B or C team to finish the game, I abandoned most of my hope and waited.

How do they expect me to buy this game when I can't even LAUNCH the prior game????

Moff

nice for people who like that, but I hope they will also make another classic might and magic for me :(

Sentenza

Sounds like everything Heroes 5 wasn't. In other words, good news!
I liked Heroes V a lot, actually. Especially the Tribes of the East expansion.
I really didn't like the Heroes VI beta, on the other hand, so I never bought the game.

How can You work on video gaming site and never play HoMM game? I mean, wtf?! How is it even possible?
Eeeeeh.
On a lot of gaming magazines and sites We have a lot of pepole writing about RPGS without knowing Ultima, so nothing really surprises me anymore.

On a side note, as someone on GAF said once, when you think about it, that would be like having someone who works as movie critic without being familiar with Citizen Kane.
He/she would probably be laughed out of the door.

I love at the end of the IGN interview/preview that the UBI guy explained that HoMM3 was the 'classic, magical game' of the series and that 6 had a lot of things that the fans didn't like.

Sounds like they're listening!

wagamer

Bits of new information (taken from here):

1. Heroes 7 Haven is based on the brutal Wolf Dutchy, not on the holy Griffin one from Heroes 6.

2. Campaign-only creatures will be available for Ivan, and possibly, someone named Sheymus. One of those creatures will be the Griffin.

3. Bosses are confirmed.

4. Reputation system most likely will NOT return.

5. Dynasty weapons most likely will NOT return.

6. Necromancy and healing will be like in previous games, not Heroes 6. Healing will NOT resurrect.

7. Some creatures and races will be updated from the Heroes 6, others, like Sylvan, Academy or Fortress - are from the scratch. Expansions are feasible due to the existing audience and some existing designs.

8. The mist in the haven town screen is a bug.

9. There will be a lot of different types of battlefields. Some with many obstacles, some with almost no obstacles.

10. The UI is not final. (d'uh!)

Overall sounds good, personally 4. and 5. are excellent news, I wasn't a fan of either.

Skab

So Sylvan/elves beat Fortress/Dwarfs. And now Dungeon/dark elves are beating Inferno.

Sad times.

Hopefully the losers show up in an expansion or something. Can never have to many factions in a Heroes game.

I hope this is good. I don't think HOMM6 was a bad game and I loved plenty about it but some of the design decisions were very questionable and made the game a slog to play through. I haven't seen enough about HOMM7 to really make up my mind about it. Will be paying attention to further previews to get a better opinion about it.

Glad Dungeon made it in the initial round this time. Sorta bummed that the Naga faction isn't back in, I thought they had a cool aesthetic design to them.

wagamer

Humble Bundle seems to have sent HOMM7 beta codes to those who purchased the M&M bundle a while ago. Does anyone happen to have a spare one for me? Would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Oh nevermind, there's a new M&M bundle up now :)

Read that the first beta was really buggy, I hope they've ironed out at least the major ones by the second beta. Since it's only about a month till release, I think I'll be waiting a bit before buying this.

ThankeeSai

Anyone interested in a beta code for this? Just got an email inviting me to participate, but it really isn't my thing.

It's available from the 26th of August until the 2nd of September.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, first to PM me gets it.

*Edit*

Gone

Top Bottom