• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatchtag

Banned
uDrFddB.gif

Context? What is that menu or mode? What does it imply?

Corner of the bottom screen for all-star mode. Hard to notice, but implies it is locked despite being visible. Implying that, quiet possibly, we have characters to see still.
Like Ridley.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
On the real guys, if IC is cut, I would actually blame the 3DS version for the first time ever and wish it wasent made

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If the idea that characters were held back to release along side the Wii U version they better be free. Say no to pay for DLC!

Mewtwo is in the game, he just wasn't unlocked yet. I'll believe until the
bitter
end. Also I still believe that the dlc roster thing is real. #TeamReal since day 1 yo. :) Didn't get bowser Jr the way I wanted him but he still looks pretty fun, shulk looks lame tho.

On the plus side, I forgot about Bowser Jr. having all 7 Koopalings as alts! I'll be playing Lemmy a lot, as he's always been my favorite. Takes me back to the old cartoon shows...

Hatchtag

Banned
Do you know how much money was spent on a Shulk probably CGI video and now thats all gone to waste

Well, to be completely fair, while it is a shame that this leaked, it was a choice of either:
1) Posting the video before these videos leaked, thus confirming that the leak was true
2) Waiting until afterwards, allowing some people to still speculate.
Not at all an easy choice.

ash_ag

This was fun. Really enjoyed the coverage. I'd say it rivals the Dojo! The form was very different, but in the end I think it was much more fitting for our times. We still have a few more PotDs -- and the remaining official newcomer videos, of course. But right now I'm really looking forward to playing the game.

Reiterating from the other thread:
For completeness, here are the characters that are NOT returning in a playable form. Characters not present in Brawl in italics.

• Mewtwo
  • Pichu
  • Roy
  • Ivysaur
  • Squirtle
  • Wolf
  • Lucas
  • Ice Climbers
  • Snake
  • (Young Link)*
* For those that don't consider Toon Link a replacement version of him.

Anth0ny

So according to the Smashboards thread that pretty much called this leak (specifics about Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog), Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf are cut, and the remaining newcomers are:

Dixie
Shulk
Chorus Men
Ridley
Bowser Jr
Mewtwo
Duck Hunt Dog

However, Gematsu leak said there will be DLC. I'm positive Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf will be a part of it, and will probably be in the Wii U version day one. Wouldn't be surprised if Ivysaur and Squirtle made their way back, too. Snake is obviously the wild card.

Forkball

Corner of the bottom screen for all-star mode. Hard to notice, but implies it is locked despite being visible. Implying that, quiet possibly, we have characters to see still.
Like Ridley.

I don't remember any locks in All-Star mode in the previous versions. Why are we so sure this means new characters? I'M SO LOST.

I say Chorus Men is the only new character left. That way I can't be disappointed if it's true.

georly

So according to the Smashboards thread that pretty much called this leak (specifics about Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog), Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf are cut, and the remaining newcomers are:

Dixie
Shulk
Chorus Men
Ridley
Bowser Jr
Mewtwo
Duck Hunt Dog

However, Gematsu leak said there will be DLC. I'm positive Lucas, Ice Climbers and Wolf will be a part of it, and will probably be in the Wii U version day one. Wouldn't be surprised if Ivysaur and Squirtle made their way back, too. Snake is obviously the wild card.

I don't buy that list simply because Ridley is on it. :)

Gartooth

Welp I'm ready to eat crow. I thought the leak had a good chance of being real but was holding out a sliver of hope that it wasn't. Need more footage of Shulk but glad he is in. Really wanted Toad to make it in the series after so long so it is pretty disappointing to see every non-Waluigi Mario character get in first. (Jr. does look fun though)

Man the cuts hurt though, I just lost some of my main Smash characters. (RIP Snake and Lucas) I don't want to believe in DLC either until we hear of it.

Also Simon Belmont didn't make it in, but I kind of saw that coming after E3. :p

Hatchtag

Banned
I don't remember any locks in All-Star mode in the previous versions. Why are we so sure this means new characters? I'M SO LOST.

I say Chorus Men is the only new character left. That way I can't be disappointed if it's true.

Well, All-star's been unlocked by unlocking every character in both brawl in melee. This time around, should we believe this rumor, while it is visible as soon as you start the game, it can not be played until you unlock it, most likely by unlocking all the characters.

emb

I see no reason to believe th-

*sees post by Dubadubadubizatrue2*

oh

Hope this is legit. And I hope he doesn't think DLC counts in any way as 'still more characters that should be there.'

Edit:

But at the same time, another comment from that guy:
Just to get things clear. I don't know anything about what hasn't been shown in those vids. Remaining characters list could be made up. There are 5 vids.

ffdgh

Dixie
Ridley
Mewtwo

I gotta see these 3 in action if true.

Dixie
Shulk
Chorus Men
Ridley
Bowser Jr
Mewtwo
Duck Hunt Dog

Wait mewtwo and Ridley are in?

NotLiquid

Free DLC is the only way I feel Sakurai can honor the "character roster will be identical throughout both versions" and still have surprises in store for the Wii U release.

georly

So I just rewatched leak 6, with falcondorf.

All you ever see him do are:

Down smash - now has purple magic effects, back kick swings lower
neutral A - looks the same, hard to tell
Forward tilt - looks the same
up smash - seems to be quicker, has a slashing arc
up special - looks the same.
sword taunt - now has black magic surrounding it

iboPmkZKYI94u2.gif

That's it.

Everything else (while likely the same) hasn't been shown off yet. Still hoping one of his specials is new... but I know the chances for that are low.

"Of course there is a chance this is fake, but I doubt a mod on Smashboards is allowed to even spread rumors."

ahahahahaha

On the real guys, if IC is cut, I would actually blame the 3DS version for the first time ever and wish it wasent made

Remember that the 3DS version was originally slated to be the only version, and the Wii U version was added later. ICs may have been off the table from the very beginning.

If the idea that characters were held back to release along side the Wii U version they better be free. Say no to pay for DLC!

As silly as it sounds, I'd rather not have the characters at all than pay for them after I've already bought the game. Paid DLC makes my stomach hurt.

Durden77

If Snake along with the other vets are cut, Duck Hunt and Ridley together would be the only thing that could begin to heal the wounds.

I can't lie, as sad as I am with the way this is looking, I really want to see Duck Hunt. That game holds a very special place for me. It was one of the first two games I played along with Double Dragon for the NES. I just couldn't believe he would actually be in. Very excited.

Jamix012

You don't unlock all star in melee/brawl until you have all the characters.

I wasn't going to say anything while the leak was still a rumor, but with the video evidence I have to chime in and say FUCK YES BOWSER JR. And even better if he does have the koopaling alts. Having both in Smash was a far-fetched pipe dream of mine, but getting them in both MK8 AND Smash would be a dream come true.

I'm upset my main Lucas probably won't be back, but my new main Bowser Jr. will totally make up for it.

Hatchtag

Banned
So I just rewatched leak 6, with falcondorf.

All you ever see him do are:

Down smash - now has purple magic effects, back kick swings lower
neutral A - looks the same, hard to tell
Forward tilt - looks the same
up smash - seems to be quicker, has a slashing arc
up special - looks the same.
sword taunt - now has black magic surrounding it

iboPmkZKYI94u2.gif

That's it.

Everything else (while likely the same) hasn't been shown off yet. Still hoping one of his specials is new... but I know the chances for that are low.

The neutral A looked like it had a bit more startup, hit harder, and more effects.
Forward tilt looked the same
Up Smash is a single upwards kick.
Up Special has an explosion effect like in Melee, I forget if this was the effect used in Brawl.
Sword Taunt has always had black magic, but the effect's somewhat changed.
Instead of purple magic, it actually uses purple salt.

EDIT:

Worth noting that Serebii/JoeM86 is avoiding this leak. Might be because he's asleep or something, but I donno. Seems odd, usually even if he does have insider info he doesn't want to share, he'll confirm things leaked by other people.

Neoxon

Dixie
Shulk
Chorus Men
Ridley

Bowser Jr
Mewtwo
Duck Hunt Dog

These 3 weren't part of the original rumor. They were just tacked on by some other guy.

emb

Dixie
Shulk
Chorus Men
Ridley
Bowser Jr
Mewtwo
Duck Hunt Dog

Careful here: the Smashboards thread lists those extra three under speculation, separate from the rest of the leak.

But getting Mewtwo back (along with Chorus Men and Dixie) would make me get over ICs, Wolf, and Lucas. I'd be ok with the roster at that point. Kinda.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

The last time I fought against an Ice Climber player he desynched them and violated me with chaingrabs. I am happy to see the little shits cut.

J@hranimo

Banned
Downloaded all the leaked videos thus far just in case they get taken down. Now I go into gameplay analysis mode since this is the finished 3DS version.

SoldnerKei

Downloaded all the leaked videos thus far just in case they get taken down. Now I go into gameplay analysis mode since this is the finished 3DS version.

hopefully some post them on facebook, it's the only server where I can watch videos at work lol

wanna see some shulk shulking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom