• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriken

Two thoughts

1) No way the Ice Climbers don't make the roster one way or another (DLC or something else)

2) Dickson to be Shulked NEEDS to be the next title

Sakurai dug himself into this leak hole with these bland Pic of the Days. Today was the worst offender since it was basically a clone (lol) or other pics on the site. This could've been avoided Sakurai, the Smash fanbase will stop at no lengths!

Falco
Ganondorf
Dark Pit
Doctor Mario
Lucina

Five clones. I dare you to show me a fighting game with more. I DARE YOU.

Count the Shotos in MVC2?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Are we SUPER sure about what's real and not real here? I mean yes the videos sure, but some of the other images coulda been piggybacking on the legit leak.

If it's all legit, I'm pretty hype about Dr. Mario. He was my main in Melee before I switched to Shiek. It'll be pretty great to see how they make him work this time around.

And as much as I hate that Ganondorf is still Falcon, I played him again recently and.. he's pretty fun, really. Such power, that dorf. I will survive.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
On the other hand atleast the DLC is I guess real and Snake will eventually be in, so im happy for Jawmuncher

Jaeger

I already called for Dark Pit if Duck Hunt Dog got in then I will let you take Dark PIt. :)

Dancing_Girl_in_white_pants.gif

emb

So remind me, what were the three characters the leak claimed were still locked on this CSS? Mewtwo, Ridley, and?
Was this actually a thing?
One other thing that hurts my brain is that Ganon is STILL THE GOT DAMN SAME FROM BRAWL

I can't facepalm harder. Like.......why?
Yeah, it looks like he hasn't changed much at all.

Most of the leaked stuff has been really disappointing. Aside from the inclusion of Shulk it's all just... blah. I guess Koopa Kid alts are cool if true.

Yeah, okay, I'm hanging onto the hope that the leaked CSS isn't fully unlocked.

Wasn't there a leak that came out awhile back (like last month) that claimed Bowser Jr. in the Clown Car was a newcomer? We ignored it at the time, but it sounds like we need to take another, more serious look at that leak. Can anyone dig it up? It might be good to know what else it claimed at this point.

I'm honestly sad that Wolf might have gotten cut instead of Falco. Wolf has way more legit differences than Falco as a Fox "clone", and was a "villain"/anti hero, which are surely needed more in Smash.

J@hranimo

Banned
YESSSS
YESSSS
GLORIOUS FISTS AND ASS KICKING DORF
NO STUPID SWORDANDORF
SO HAPPY
YESSSSSSSSS :D

That's fine and dandy, but why couldn't Sakurai at least revamp him a bit? Like make him a bit quicker and not "this old bag guy who looks like jogging is giving him too much of a hassle and omg here comes a slow punch and kick move"

......Damn, I'm fueling the disappointment aren't I? I'm still pretty excited for the game. Now we just have to see what Sakurai will do.

jackal27

Banned
YOU GUYS ARE SUCH WHINERS!!

A few days ago everybody was so hype about these leaks and now you're mad that they were real? Also, let's be honest, if you actually believed that bit about the DLC, you deserve to be disappointed.

#TeamRealTilTheGrave

SoldnerKei

gosh... I am at work, it's gonna suck when someone post something I won't be able to see, good thing some footage is in gif format

and well, SHUULK!!

in all honesty, he is the only one I am interested in, Duck Hunt is another empty slot for me, as for the clones, I'd rater have them than not

hype is real
unless proven wrong somehow, #TeamFake till the end ; -;

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot

Wasn't there a leak that came out awhile back (like last month) that claimed Bowser Jr. in the Clown Car was a newcomer? We ignored it at the time, but it sounds like we need to take another, more serious look at that leak. Can anyone dig it up? It might be good to know what else it claimed at this point.

There was one that said Bowser Jr was in a *MarioKart kart* and his alts were all of the Koopa Kids

Hatchtag

Banned

Same here. I'm holding out hope for Ridley, Mewtwo, or K Rool.

We didn't ignore it. That's the Ninka/Vaanrose leak. We talk about it constantly. This leak has all the same content as that one.

Neiteio

Yeah, Weiner Whistle and I made an entire mock roster about it around Aug. 2. It also said the Koopalings were alts for Bowser Jr.

Source please. Why in the world would it be the same amount of effort to make slight adjustments to characters already adapted to the new engine?

Because they began Smash 4 development by porting over everything from Brawl? It's why it was super easy to bring a lot of vets back. See: several vets already revealed that people thought would be cut.

They're about equivalent. I won't be convinced that the resources to bring back a vet with minimal moveset changes > resources used to create a clone.

Like I said, the All-Stars mode being locked suggests that there are more fighters.

All-Star might be unlocked by other means once you get all the characters. I'm not sure why Nintendo would give the ESRB incomplete material for rating. It really doesn't make sense for the CSS to be incomplete in this. I still hope it is though.

emb

It's here if you have a Smashboards account: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka-vaanrose-leak-discussion-theory.362684/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So what extra character lists were there again?

The DLC list and the additional locked characters.

Any others (even if they were fake)?

Forkball

Only thing that I don't like is 'Clone Corner'. I hope Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit sit next to their franchises when all is said and done.

Look at Falco and Ganondorf next to their franchises like they belong there. THEY DESERVE TO BE IN THE HALL OF CLONES.

Leak breakdown:

+Sorry, but I like Bowser Jr. The clown car is an interesting idea and his moves look very fun and wacky. Not sure if the koopaling rumor is true or not but honestly I would probably pick BJr. over them anyways. I kind of wish he had his paintbrush though.
+DUCK HUNT. I'm glad we will see that beautiful render in all its glory. I can't wait to see how they work. It's a very creative and unusual retro pick, something we get in every Smash game. I would have to say its certainly more off the wall than other forgotten NES protagonists.
+We need MORE sword wielders in Smash. Shulk has a red sword. A RED one. That's good enough in my book. I never played Xenoblade but have you seen this young man's sword? It's got a hole in it!

-I have no idea why Sakurai keeps Ganondorf the way he is. Maybe it's personal preference, but he is handicapping this character. Thirteen years of being a clone of a character that's not even in his franchise.
-Out of all the clones... Doctor Mario. Doctor. Mario. Play fucking Luigi if you want to use that tornado so much you goobers.
-No Ice Climbers makes me sad. Yes, I know a lot of people hated them, but you would have though Sakurai could have reworked it to a single character. They were pretty iconic Smash characters.

Nia

I was waiting for something more substantial than some blurry photos, and these videos are more than sufficient. Bowser Jr. looks fun, but of course there was no effort made to change Ganondorf's move set, as I expected.

VegiHam

I expected this so I'm cool with it. Shulk, Bowser Jr and Palutena were my pre announcement wishlist and I got them all; and nobody I really liked is at risk of cutting.

That said, the videos are numbered 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7. Where are leaks 2 and 4? Could either of them show the character or stage select screens?

Hatchtag

Banned
That's fine and dandy, but why couldn't Sakurai at least revamp him a bit? Like make him a bit quicker and not "this old bag guy who looks like jogging is giving him too much of a hassle and omg here comes a slow punch and kick move"

......Damn, I'm fueling the disappointment aren't I? I'm still pretty excited for the game. Now we just have to see what Sakurai will do.

He has been revamped a little. He has different effects on his attacks, and I see his jab is better looking, possibly changed up. His up smash is either from Brawl or entirely new. His Up B is still explosive. I think he'll have definitely been improved upon from Brawl. Sadly, we can't see from this video if the crippling lack of a second jump after divekicking that Brawl had returns or not.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
-No Ice Climbers, Lucas or Wolf confirmed yet is disappointing.
-Bowser Jr. looks like he could be fun.
-If that's the final stage selection, it's disappointing.
-Shulk looks awful in the video, but willing to wait as he's a CPU in the footage.
-Falcondorf is still stupid. For all the 'wow, these cool details in Smash!!1!', Ganondorf sticks out as a fucking joke.
-Need to see Dark Pit, Duck Hunt, and Dr. Mario before making judgements.

Well, I know that DLC Leak is Fake but there is few rumors that we have more characters but it's not there. I dunno if it's legit or not.

Anyone else think that 7 Mario characters is a bit... overkill?

Rosalina and Bowser JR really bring something new to the table so I'm not complaining. I meant we got Stand User and Smash's MODOK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom