• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Okay, here's my review, and here is the release story which has a trailer and general game info. I got a bit distracted this morning and had to tidy up some things.

All in all, the platforming is a bit repetitive, but the characters and quirkiness of the game more than make up for that. For $10, it's good bang for your buck as I clocked my 1000/1000 playthrough at around 6 hours, which included maybe 20 minutes or so of me getting annoying at evading the helicopter for the final achievement in chapter 7.

Game runs damn smooth though, never saw any glitches, stutters, freezes, ect...and load times and pretty much non-existent. There's no real re-play value but it's worth checking out.

We stopped giving scores out on my site, but if I were to give it a score I would say it was easily an 8.5 out of 10.

Where's the link, mang?

Mine's an impressions piece with gameplay video since I didn't get to finish the game yet.

Haha, got a bit distracted, check above! :)

Ape

Banned
Just got 900G on Guacamelee, didn't know you could unlock hard mode from the start. Great game, all of you should be playing it. I'm going to do a quick run on hard to complete it but damn some of that was tough. Very satisfying though.

Just got 900G on Guacamelee, didn't know you could unlock hard mode from the start. Great game, all of you should be playing it. I'm going to do a quick run on hard to complete it but damn some of that was tough. Very satisfying though.

You could? Damn :/

m23

Great game. Played it on normal then did a replay on hard. Combat is so damn good.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Any word on what games are lined up for September with Games with Gold?

GwG for September are Super Time Force with Crimson Dragon being a holdover from Aug.

Don't have Super Time Force so that's awesome for me.

klodeckel

Banned
BwN1kivCUAIJOZ-.jpg:large

Bsigg12

The ESPN app has added Fantasy football for those interested. It's snappable and shows points, matchups for the week, and standings. It'll be nice to have starting next week with being able to snap to see how my team is doing while I watch NFL Redzone.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Stick it to the Man is really great. Well worth the 10 bucks.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So why no followups on Game 4 in the thread? I was surprised there was already a bit of a gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQKcKnnbJJg

The 2 main places I've seen impressions:

Is it weird the first thing I thought about while looking at it was Vantage Master? Co-Op in a strategic style game sounds pretty wonderful, and it's interesting to see look customization make it into a game like this.

-----

On other game news, I see the PAX stream had Legend of Raven (Yatagarasu) being streamed once, but haven't found anything to watch from it. Nice to hear of it being shown off, with it barely being mentioned at all since the trailer leaked last year.

So, did anything interesting come out of the Pre-PAX ID@XBOX stuff so far? Yay for things like State of Decay, but I'd want to hear more about the fresh new games...

BusterJol

Anybody doing the sign into console and assign another console as your home console (two of every downloaded game) thing pre order Destiny?

Are you able to pre load Destiny on both systems?

Anybody doing the sign into console and assign another console as your home console (two of every downloaded game) thing pre order Destiny?

Are you able to pre load Destiny on both systems?

My brother and I have been digitally sharing by having each other's consoles as 'home' and it has worked flawlessly all gen so far. That includes Destiny preload and all the DLC. So, yes.

I'm late to this but I had no idea each of the two versions of Metro were going to be single download titles, i thought the 'game' was the bundle only.

£15.99 is well worth it to me if I need a game to play between titles.

Finally updated the OP, sorry it was late been away for 2 weeks and had the worst wifi ever

Released:
golfclubqzssb.png
fibbageipoun.png

stickitefs8s.png

Coming soon:

warframegusp4.png

I think IDARB is due in mid-September but I won't do a picture etc for that just yet as theres several that have been there for a while

Still need to add Lara Croft's new game coming in December but i'll do later when I can be bothered

zorbsie

Stick it to the Man is charming as all get out. Love the look of this game and found myself chuckling at some of the dialogue. Great stuff, so glad I bought it.

I am having issues with it unfortunately. If I turn the system off mid chapter and then resume game and finish the chapter, I get a black screen. There is music and nothing seems to be happening. I can get back to the dashboard, but the game is stuck on the black screen. When I restart the game, I have to do the level over again. Bummer, but I guess I'll finish the chapters before turning off the system from now on.

Forgot about Warframe coming out on the 2nd. Really want to check that one out.

Warframe is a fun and fast game, I only tried it out briefly on pc a few weeks back but i've watched enough streams to know sort of what's going on, it will be nice to put some solid playtime into the xbox version.

Did you hear of anything else for this week?
Oh hey just saw your other thing, nope, no vault knowledge at this time.

And nope, nothing else known yet, but DC Spotlight and Warframe launch tomorrow, so those should keep people busy for a bit :p

I'm expecting Minecraft, Pier Solar, and #idarb this month though

Guerrilla

Oh hey just saw your other thing, nope, no vault knowledge at this time.

And nope, nothing else known yet, but DC Spotlight and Warframe launch tomorrow, so those should keep people busy for a bit :p

I'm expecting Minecraft, Pier Solar, and #idarb this month though

Thanks for the info! There should really be an option here to have an overview of who quoted you, would make things a whole lot easier :)

Top Bottom