• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volition announces Saints Row Gat out of Hell (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360, $20, Jan 27, 2015)

BurnsyDelight

Neo Member
Trailer here too - http://www.slashgear.com/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell-trailer-detailed-in-full-29343511/

xULRPRm.jpg

Shredderi

Was expecting an announcement for a new numbered entry in the series. Little disappointed with the news. The trailer did nothing for me personally but SR4 and this for 30 bucks is a great value for those interested in SR4!

Tucah

you speak so well
I was hoping for a full blown SRV announcement but this seems pretty cool too. It's out soonish too!

Dawg

BTGS7mC.gif

Seriously, every thread, the same shitty bitching. We get it, you don't like the Zany turn of the series. But more people than you do, and more importantly the developers seem to enjoy what the are making, so how about you cry in your beer somewhere else?

I don't mind the Zany turn of events.

What I do mind, is how the city in SR IV is pretty much SR3 recycled. Also, the superpowers make vehicles and guns obsolete and that ruins a lot of the fun imho.

I guess what I'm saying: SR3 = SRIV when it comes to humour, but it felt too much like an expansion (probably because it is) and the superpowers make you feel a tad overpowered.

Rembrandt

Banned
BTGS7mC.gif

Seriously, every thread, the same shitty bitching. We get it, you don't like the Zany turn of the series. But more people than you do, and more importantly the developers seem to enjoy what the are making, so how about you cry in your beer somewhere else?

Lmao. I think your bitching is worse. Don't let my love for the early games diminish your love for the newer ones, bruh.

Tabby

More SR is always fantastic.
I prefer the stupid fun that SR3 and SR4 has than the seriousness of SR1 and SR2 but that's just me.

I guess what I'm saying: SR3 = SRIV when it comes to humour, but it felt too much like an expansion (probably because it is) and the superpowers make you feel a tad overpowered.

Yeah, I get the feeling SRV will be back to SR3 levels of stuff. IV wasn't originally a sequel, and this is clearly a side thing

[

I don't mind the Zany turn of events.

What I do mind, is how the city in SR IV is pretty much SR3 recycled. Also, the superpowers make vehicles and guns obsolete and that ruins a lot of the fun imho.

That I can appreciate, but it tends to be the pattern with the Saints row games

Odd numbered game:- New engine, content bit sparse.
Even Numbered game:- Same engine, recycled assets.

Personally im expecting to look kinda ass on current gen and PC, But its going to be funny as fuck and be more entertaining than may games that year.

Not everything has to melt your eyeballs.

I hope it reads your Saints Row IV save so that when The Boss appears on the game it's your character.

I'd laugh if they handled it like they did in IV where The Boss has a helmet on and their microphone doesn't work or some shit

Also, I love 3, but Gary Busey teaching me how to throw people in Saints Row 2 will also have a special place in my heart

Eusis

Not interested in cross gen games at this point unless they are 10$ indies.
. . . In terms of effort and cost this really isn't that far off. Kind of the middle ground but leaning way closer to "cheap download." Not like this is some big new $60 game that's cross gen.

Guys, it's $20 for the stand alone expansion and $30 for the current gen SR4 with all dlc. You can get them bundled at retail for $50 so that people who want both don't have to purchase separately. Sorry the psblog post wasn't clear.

Basketball

If I know volition im guessing this expanision will have multiple bogus piece meal dlc/weapon skins

hell throw in a season pass too

bebop242

Guys, it's $20 for the stand alone expansion and $30 for the current gen SR4 with all dlc. You can get them bundled at retail for $50 so that people who want both don't have to purchase separately. Sorry the psblog post wasn't clear.

Thanks for the info. Sounds fair, especially with all the dlc.

Yazuka

I'm surprised there still isn't 3-4 player co-op. But yeah, I end up buying them regardless, too. Just a shame they threw away that perfect balance they had with the second one. They jumped the shark and everything else they could find.

Yeah, it a shame. But I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one thinking this.

Rembrandt

Banned
Early game. One. Unless you credibly are trying to say Saints row 1 is better than 3&4.

Does two not exist? I had a lot more fun playing protect tha pimp than I did with the third one and the second is easily the best in the series. I get it, you're a fan of all the wacky shit they added, I'm not. There's been two wacky games and two blends of both.

bombshell

A bundle usually means a small discount from buying seperately, but not here?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Certainly not what I was expecting.

All Gat, (and Kinzie, I guess), no Boss? Will wait for more info on this one, methinks.

OTIX

Loved SR3&4 to death so this is a definite day 1.

Not getting to play my character is weird but Kinzie works too. I just really hope she's playable in SP and not just coop.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
This is almost absolutely what this is. New Vegas.

As in Fallout? So it's going to be better than SR4 by a wide margin?

New Vegas was made by Obsidian, which contained many of the original Fallout 1 & 2 staff, not a "B-Team". Man, I can't stand that term, it's so damn condescending. Shame it's catching on.

Basketball

Does two not exist? I had a lot more fun playing protect tha pimp than I did with the third one and the second is easily the best in the series. I get it, you're a fan of all the wacky shit they added, I'm not. There's been two wacky games and two blends of both.

my hope is that this expansion is just something for us to play while the team

is making the reboot/sequel that will be announced at e3 2015 or soon after

what I want to see
  • new animations/engine/destruction/physics
  • balance
  • in depth customization further than 2 (player/clothing/cars)
  • a living world/variety
  • bring back multi-player modes not just co-op
  • no more piece meal dlcs - just put them in updates
  • just more in game content not collectibles
  • fuzz

some people are saying that a balanced saints row won't sell.. huh pretty much any open world sandbox game will sell these days (record numbers for watchdogs) and folks on current gen systems want these games

if the team managed to replicate the greatness of sr2 (not a remaster) I can guarantee the game will set records for the series
for deep silver and volition

Rembrandt

Banned
my hope is that this expansion is just something for us to play while the team

is making the reboot/sequel that will be announced at e3 2015 or soon after

what I want to see
  • new animations/engine/destruction/physics
  • balance
  • in depth customization further than 2 (player/clothing/cars)
  • a living world/variety
  • bring back multi-player modes not just co-op
  • no more piece meal dlcs - just put them in updates
  • just more in game content not collectibles
  • fuzz

some people are saying that a balanced saints row won't sell.. huh pretty much any open world sandbox game will sell these days (record numbers for watchdogs) and folks on current gen systems want these games

if the team managed to replicate the greatness of sr2 (not a remaster) I can guarantee the game will set records for the series
for deep silver and volition

Exactly. I know I would buy day one if they bring back all the old multiplayer modes, customization, fuzz and achieved the balance they had with the early games, but I think we're a lost breed.

Top Bottom