• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Tenbatsu

Ookami-kun said:
pzvhw-1-7cd7.jpg
pzvhw-2-7cd7.jpg

WTF LOST PLANET CHAR!
Fucking Karas is there!!!

TreIII

So, we might end up having two different characters that may be only playable by themselves, and have one huge lifebar. That's going to be AWESOME. :D

Netto-kun

Are these movelists taken from the loketest?

Also, flipped for the lazy.
11b0u37.jpg

108ilio.jpg

I'll try to take some gameplay videos whenever I get to the arcade hall tomorrow.:lol

Edit: Oh, beaten. xD

rikichi said:
This game is turning out to be fukin great!

Can't wait for TGS!

I hope they announce some resident evil or dmc characters.

I'd much rather see Leon and Dante than a random robot from Lost Planet. Hopefully this isn't the end and there are still a lot more characters. I know it's not going to be MVC2, but unless Capcom guarantees a sequel leaving out fan favorites is going to be huge missed opportunity. As much as I like Alex, Morrigan and Batsu there are many more Capcom characters I'd rather have.

duckroll

robut said:
I'd much rather see Leon and Dante than a random robot from Lost Planet.

Erm, it's not a random robot. It's the main mech you get at the end of the game. You might not care about the game, but it definitely means something to the people that do. Kinda selfish don't you think?

35lw3uq.jpg

Lord Phol

Totally missed this, even though I mostly only enjoy a 2D beat'em up in a non-hardcore way, everything with Onimusha in it is awesome. AWESOME.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Netto-kun said:
I assume with the addition of Karas, dealing with all the licenses became even worse?

Actually, Sven already knows who are the characters in the game, so I think they already know which licenses would be difficult to handle.

Shouta

Oh really? It will probably at the LokeTest! I'm going down there first thing in the morning (already in Tokyo)!

RedBoot

Looks like my guess that Capcom would have a counterpart for Gold Lightan was right-on. Never expected it to be from Lost Planet, though. I would have put my money on Nemesis/Tyrant or Blodia.

These are cool additions, though (particularly Karas). Kind of funny that they make a good pair, both being from their respective company's newer stuff. This brings the roster to 16. I wonder how many more we'll get. I still think 20 is a reasonable number, and I really don't see this game not having Speed Racer in it, so there's got to be a few more.

Still holding out hope for Phoenix Wright...

duckroll said:
Erm, it's not a random robot. It's the main mech you get at the end of the game. You might not care about the game, but it definitely means something to the people that do. Kinda selfish don't you think?

35lw3uq.jpg

I didn't mean just because I didn't like it, and I liked Lost Planet anyways. As a character to go against another giant robot it's a cool choice no doubt. My point is that while I'm very much looking forward to the game and it's a day 1 buy no doubt I'm a bit confounded by two things. 1: I've played nearly every Capcom fighter on console since the Dreamcast days, personally I wish they would've picked different characters to represent SF3, Darkstalkers, and Project Justice. Morrigan and Batsu are just more shoto-like characters and it would've been cool to see more variety. 2: from a business standpoint, no DMC or RE characters is odd, they're both very popular franchises from Capcom and I'd personally like to see characters from those series as they would certainly be unique.

I also think Dante would generate more excitement than an egg shaped robot wielding a chainsaw:D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Line up is starting to look good, but I am still hoping for Phoenix Wright.
I know its a pipe dream ;-;

Boss Doggie

robut said:
I didn't mean just because I didn't like it, and I liked Lost Planet anyways. As a character to go against another giant robot it's a cool choice no doubt. My point is that while I'm very much looking forward to the game and it's a day 1 buy no doubt I'm a bit confounded by two things. 1: I've played nearly every Capcom fighter on console since the Dreamcast days, personally I wish they would've picked different characters to represent SF3, Darkstalkers, and Project Justice. Morrigan and Batsu are just more shoto-like characters and it would've been cool to see more variety. 2: from a business standpoint, no DMC or RE characters is odd, they're both very popular franchises from Capcom and I'd personally like to see characters from those series as they would certainly be unique.

I also think Dante would generate more excitement than an egg shaped robot wielding a chainsaw:D

That's because 1) they're main characters of the series and 2) outside the fireball and "uppercut" (Batsu's Guts Upper isn't even an anti-air), they're far from being a shoto-clone. The characters are as varied as one could get.

TreIII

robut said:

Probably so, but I wouldn't count on it. Kobayashi stated in a fairly recent interview that he was tired of Dante being whored out like he was over the last few years. So, if he has it his way, don't expect Dante, at least this time around.

There's probably going to be a good sized gaggle of characters that people want to see that won't necessarily make the cut around. My educated guess? Tatsunoko and Capcom can afford to pay little mind to those bitter tears that may be shed, because this game is likely going to be the start of a new "series" itself. :lol

Boss Doggie

^They'll most likely announce it either in the JAMMA meet or in TGS... or maybe after the game has been launched in Japan. XD

TreIII

TC.jpg

Current roster, as of now. Two rows confirmed, as well.

Newest rumor states that we may be looking at 20-22 characters by the end of all this.

MoxManiac

Ookami-kun said:
That's because 1) they're main characters of the series and 2) outside the fireball and "uppercut" (Batsu's Guts Upper isn't even an anti-air), they're far from being a shoto-clone. The characters are as varied as one could get.

I wish they had gone with Demitri instead, who is just as much a darkstalkers main character. So fucking sick of morrigan.

TreIII

MoxManiac said:
I wish they had gone with Demitri instead, who is just as much a darkstalkers main character. So fucking sick of morrigan.

If they HAD to pick a main character, Morrigan was the better choice. At least her twist on the "Ryu-like" (Shoto) gameplay is actually quite a bit different, which is a bit more than can be said for Demi.

Even so, too bad they couldn't just use some one like Donovan or even Jedah, instead. MUCH more interesting...

TreIII

Linkzg said:
You didn't. Gene should be in in this game. I want him to be, and every other damn person on this planet should as well.

Gene may be some what feasible, as the camp value of his game would definitely make him fit in just fine with Tatsunoko. (Hell, the "Evil Trio" in that game were directly inspired by Doronjo and co! :D)

Still, I would imagine that if any Clover character would make the cut this time around, it probably would be Viewtiful Joe.

EDIT:

Higher quality movelist:

vip611894.jpg

Shouta

Reno said:

Haha, I think I saw those guys videoing it.

Anyway, I got to play it for 4 hours today more or less because everyone didn't want to play on the Versus machine. So it was like me and two other guys for a huge chunk of time. Of course, I dropped way too much money on it but oh well. :lol

Anyway, Karas and the Vital Suit are awesome. The rest of the cast is good too but the guy that was good there was wooping my ass all over the place with Hurricane Polymer. He had some sick Baroque Combos going on with him. I got the hang of Volnutt, who's pretty rockin' and Karas. I wanted to spend some time just practicing but the other machine had a line and this one didn't.

I do have some early complaints but I wonder if they'll get heard at all by the team.

I wanted to take vids but uh, I was playing the entire time.

Netto-kun

Close-up pictures of the movelist for the five new playable characters.

Doronjo and Karas: http://i38.tinypic.com/2cfa4aw.jpg
Rockman Volnutt: http://i35.tinypic.com/314tpu0.jpg
Gold Lightan: http://i34.tinypic.com/iz4v9w.jpg
PTX-40A: http://i33.tinypic.com/9gyf6f.jpg

I didn't get to play since I was spending my time with recording videos and there was a line, plus I had a friend along with me who wanted to take a look around Akihabara. And judging by Shouta's post, I guess there was a Versus machine as well, which I wasn't aware of. <.< Oh well, for the next loketest in the Taito Arcade Hall, I'll make sure to hang around the Versus machine instead.:D

Uploading the gameplay videos at the moment. Pretty bad quality since I was using my cell phone. There's also some talking where my friend was asking this and that about the game.:lol

Gagaman

Seeing all these new characters on the capcom side just makes you realize how many new franchises Capcom have kicked off since Marvel vs Capcom 2. They shouldn't have to make up characters like Ruby Heart and Amingo again to make up numbers.

I for one would love to see Sonson and TronBonne from that game return in this, though. Not much chance unless the cast goes past 25, though. I'd imainge they're trying to get as many franchises in as possible, limiting it to one or two characters each (if you count Street Fighter 1,2 and 3 separately as they have. Maybe we'll get an Alpha character?).

Top Bottom