• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

NeonZ

Prime crotch said:
Is there any talk at all at a possible PS2 port? Would it have to be downgraded a lot? Otherwise I'm getting a Wii for this and Mad World.

A Wii version hasn't even been confirmed, despite the rumors...

btw anyone knows the name of the theme playing on the second trailer? Right about when Megaman shows up.
NeonZ said:
A Wii version hasn't even been confirmed, despite the rumors...
Oh, still they have to release to some console, Wii seems the obvious one.

Gagaman

I reckon they won't reveal a console port until the arcade one is finished and out. They need to get people into arcades afterall.

I don't remember the Vital Suit being that big. :lol

Thanks for the vids though. Karas seems very reminiscent of Strider, which is a good thing. :D

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man... that Lightan vs. PTX fight is epic!

And Batsu has a different team-up there!

Prime crotch said:
btw anyone knows the name of the theme playing on the second trailer? Right about when Megaman shows up.

According to 2ch it's "Another Sun".

Dascu

Guess they put the PTX in as a Capcom counterweight to Tatsunoko's Gold Lightan.

Now put in a Strider counterweight to Karas.

Boss Doggie

Kulock said:
At the end of this one there's a synchronized special finish with both characters, and they're not obvious partners. Interesting stuff.

Funny how it actually resembles no-mask Akira's team-up technique in RS, only altered a bit.

Shouta

Prime crotch said:

As Ookami-kun pointed out, it's Another Sun, one of the OP themes to the Dash games. A solid song.

Netto: I think I saw you. I may have walked up to you once or twice. I'm an Asian guy so I fit in but I looked a little different and I had a grey shirt + backpack with a megaman pin on the back.

Boss Doggie

^Huh? No. XD

Another Sun is not a song of Megaman Legends. It's an original music for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Shouta

Ookami-kun said:
^Huh? No. XD

Another Sun is not a song of Megaman Legends. It's an original music for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Uh no, Another Sun is a Rockman Dash theme song. Unless you happen to be joking.

Boss Doggie

^Wait, it is?! o_O

Then I guess I misread the 2ch info. Because I am pretty sure the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom theme song is new. o_O

Shouta

Ookami-kun said:
^Wait, it is?! o_O

Then I guess I misread the 2ch info. Because I am pretty sure the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom theme song is new. o_O

You probably misread the name of the song then. Another Sun is definitely Rockman Dash/Megaman Legends. The one in the trailer is a brand new song when Doronjo and Volnutt pop up.

Boss Doggie

^Yeah that. XP

The singer sounds like the one from Capcom Fighting Jam though (the one who sang Ingrid's Heat Haze).

And... maybe it's just my eyes... but how come the names beneath the lifebar aren't romanized anymore?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
donkey show said:
I don't remember the Vital Suit being that big. :lol

Thanks for the vids though. Karas seems very reminiscent of Strider, which is a good thing. :D

Yep. :D To bad the Karas players were getting rocked. :(

Doronjo seems to have a nice enough arsenal for zoning people and tricking them with the stuff she can summon.

Good to see someone do well with megaman.

Netto-kun

Actually, characters starting from the right side of the screen are all controlled by the CPU. :p

I was actually going to take some more videos with Karas and his other two hyper combo moves (both were awesome looking). One was some slashing attack with a kanji appearing. Another one is him having some black stuffs surrounding him (bat? shadow? I dunno!), then the screen goes blank (or maybe it was black/gray) with alot slashes appearing on the screen. However, some random guy told me to take away my phone, since filming during loketest is prohibited. So in the end I only managed to record the one with Doronjo/Karas vs. PXT-40A (which by the way, was a really horrible recording:!lol).

Shouta: Oh, I didn't really pay much attention to anything around me since I was too focused with filming the gameplay.:D

Karas is awesome.

Fighting against a giant robot seemed pretty balanced, that first fight against Lightan came down to the wire. Giant robo vs another was pretty boring though but it seemed like nobody knew what to do with the VS suit.

Epcott

Damn, I'd really like to see an Astro Boy vs Classic Megaman (even though Tetsuwan Atomu has no affiliation with Tetsunoko)

or hell, even Casshan 1 vs Strider (animal partners included)

:^(

Boss Doggie

Threi said:
also i thing the graphics are incredibly polished on this title.

I concur. I think the backgrounds look nice, very animated. And they should go the same release route as SF4, Resident Evil 5 and Mega Man 9 (multiple consoles). MadCatz could re-release those pads and joysticks for this game...

Looking a lot sicker than Mortal Kombat...

And I wonder who the final boss is?

TreIII

Spiderjericho said:
I concur. I think the backgrounds look nice, very animated. And they should go the same release route as SF4, Resident Evil 5 and Mega Man 9 (multiple consoles).

Only thing? The fact that the game is going to be a JP-only release, effectively kills the need of performing that kind of extensive marketing campaign. Notice how Capcom's "PC/PS3/360/(Wii)" strategy really only comes into play, when we're talking about Western or Worldwide-oriented releases.

TC and SF4, despite being some-what similar games, are largely operating on different kinds of marketing strategies altogether.

Dascu said:
Fuck yes Karas. Strider next.

Why not Trojan? The original Capcom Swash Buckler...

Or Arthur from Ghouls N Goblins (Ghosts).

Haggar, Guy, Maki, Cody, etc.

Super Joe.

Section Z.

The possibilities are endless (as well as the sequels)

My6cats

Banned
TreIII said:
Only thing? The fact that the game is going to be a JP-only release, effectively kills the need of performing that kind of extensive marketing campaign. Notice how Capcom's "PC/PS3/360/(Wii)" strategy really only comes into play, when we're talking about Western or Worldwide-oriented releases.

TC and SF4, despite being some-what similar games, are largely operating on different kinds of marketing strategies altogether.

Why would this stay in japan only?? Many of these animies were released in the USA. I remeber watching Battle of the Planets on TBS as a kid. I can see Capcom bringing this to the Wii in the USA. they can rename it if they have to, but I can see this getting a release in the west. Heck, even Europe loves animie ,even more then America,

My6cats said:
Why would this stay in japan only?? Many of these animies were released in the USA. I remeber watching Battle of the Planets on TBS as a kid. I can see Capcom bringing this to the Wii in the USA. they can rename it if they have to, but I can see this getting a release in the west. Heck, even Europe loves animie ,even more then America,

All the North American rights are spread out all over the place. It'll never release here in its current form.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
My6cats said:

The problem is that all of these anime are licenced by a shitload of diffferent companies. It is a legal nightmare to get the permission from all of these. It would be far easier to distribute it if none had ever been released in the USA.

Darkpen

Banned
I haven't been following this thread since it'll never come state-side, but is there any footage of Morrigan's idle animation? I remember reading an interview a while back with someone involved in SF4's development (I think), and I just distinctly remember a comment about how they'll start making a new DarkStalkers game when they figure out morphing animation in 3D. So I must know: do Morrigan's hands indefinitely spin?

Also, do you guys think we'll see a next-gen return of Megaman Legends, since that seems to be the version they're throwing into this?

Gagaman

I'm starting to wonder if Gold Lightan is actually beatable. He kicks arse without breaking a sweat in just about every single match I've seen (only one of them did I see him defeated, and that was against the Lost Planet robot).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So wait, do the LP mech and Gold Lightan take up two character slots?

Shouta

Gagaman said:
I'm starting to wonder if Gold Lightan is actually beatable. He kicks arse without breaking a sweat in just about every single match I've seen (only one of them did I see him defeated, and that was against the Lost Planet robot).

He's quite beatable if you know what you're doing.

TreIII

Shouta said:
He's quite beatable if you know what you're doing.

Furthermore, it seems like some one like Rockman can have FIELD DAY with the likes of Lightarn and the IVAN.

I saw one vid where an IVAN tried to hit Rock with a super involving a missile salvo at the end...only to end with the Rockman just shooting the missles to make them explode. :lol

I'm slowly agreeing with the notion over at SRK, that states that Rockman Trigger may have it in him to be this game's "Cable". His projectile game is LEAPS AND BOUNDS above whatever his predecessor had in MvC/2.

Top Bottom