• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

TreIII

Fat guy is the Genie from Hakushan Daimaoh, an old Tatsu work from the 60s.

That's all I know. Never saw the show. :lol

Any way, definitely looks like it's going to be like MvC2 all over. Console release and Arcade release practically at the same time, if not the same day.

TreIII

ShockingAlberto said:
Don't characters get released in pairs?

Or is IVAN the Capcom character that should have been revealed if the location test were later?

Another scan just showcased/re-confirmed IVAN and Karas. But frankly, thanks to the test, we're a bit off kelter because Lightarn was confirmed playable too.

Tenbatsu said:
Wii version will have original mini games.
Maths quiz, hadouken some obstacles etc etc

Hmm. If they give us a board game mode like Rival Schools (JP ver) had, that's even better! :lol

I havent been following this thread. How would this control on wii without a classic controller? Isnt it a traditional fighter which I assume would require more than the 1&2 buttons?

Tenbatsu said:
Wii version will have original mini games.:lol
Maths quiz, hadouken some obstacles etc etc:lol
Is that what that 4 player mode is? :lol Awesome.

EDIT: I'm stupid, it's not. Could be a coin battle game like the smash series.

TreIII

EmCeeGramr said:
I havent been following this thread. How would this control on wii without a classic controller? Isnt it a traditional fighter which I assume would require more than the 1&2 buttons?

For the Wii casuals, I'm sure there will be plenty of "Waggle-friendly" motions to be had.

But any one serious will be probably using GC-PS2 converters, or the Wii's USB ports, to play this game the way it was meant to be played.

TreIII said:
For the Wii casuals, I'm sure there will be plenty of "Waggle-friendly" motions to be had.

But any one serious will be probably using GC-PS2 converters, or the Wii's USB ports, to play this game the way it was meant to be played.

I just watched the vid ... it looks like a new Marvel Vs Capcom as in the mechanics are similar. Is it the six button + dpad setup?

TreIII

EmCeeGramr said:
I just watched the vid ... it looks like a new Marvel Vs Capcom as in the mechanics are similar. Is it the six button + dpad setup?

Nope. 3 attack buttons (light, med, hard) + a system button (partner).

TreIII said:

*coughClassicControllercough*

TreIII said:

sept08setup03.JPG

I think I'm set to play the game in any fashion I want. :lol

cartman414 said:
*coughClassicControllercough*

Classic Controller D-pad is pretty bad for fighting games.

I will end up using my SFC Wii controller or actually picking up an Arcade stick or some kind. Maybe I will just get that Neo Geo stick since all I need it for is this game.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's going to be kind of funny if SSF2T HD Remix comes out after this game does.

I think we'll see 360 and PS3 (maybe PC too?) of this game sometime next year. But I am fine playing this on Wii; just hope it has online play. Not expecting it to though.

Linkzg said:
Classic Controller D-pad is pretty bad for fighting games.

I will end up using my SFC Wii controller or actually picking up an Arcade stick or some kind. Maybe I will just get that Neo Geo stick since all I need it for is this game.

It was in response to his "GC-to-PS2" controller comment. And the PS2 pad couldn't possibly be even equal to the CC d-pad.

The SFC Wii controller would be nice to see over here though.

Tenbatsu

Seems like the Fat Genie is a Wii version original character.
Some info.
- Simplified Wii remote controls for casuals
- Supports classic controller
- Original mini games
: Catchaman wiiremote shooting game
: Fat Genie maths Quiz
: Ruy Hadouken obstacle course

Eteric Rice

Tenbatsu said:
Some info.
- Original mini games

Got damn it, why do they do this shit?

Tenbatsu

rockman zx said:
So is going to be a wii exclusive on 2008/beginning 2009?.
No idea about that, we just got to wait and see.

Eteric Rice said:
Got damn it, why do they do this shit?
Because Tatsunoko is a family brand in Japan. But dont worry, the game can be hardcore and casual at the same time as it supports the classic controller which will change the controls to its arcade counterpart.

Eteric Rice

Tenbatsu said:
No idea about that, we just got to wait and see.

Because Tatsunoko is a family brand in Japan. But dont worry, the game can be hardcore and casual at the same time as it supports the classic controller which will change the controls to its arcade counterpart.

Ah, good.

The who?

Link?

Edit: Holy shit, just found their forums, never again. It's like the Gamespot system wars forum in there. Holy shit what a bunch of retards. :lol

Tenbatsu

New System: Baroque Combo
Executed by pressing the Partner button and attack button. Think we saw it in those videos posted where your character turns rainbow....

Gabyskra

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
I bet more and more arcade fighters will utilize this Wii compatible board so expect more fighters on the Wii!!

The Wii already has quite a few. I'm surprised.

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Samurai Shodown Anthology
King Of Fighters Horochi Saga (+94 & 98)
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
+ titles from the Virtual Console.

Canti

Haven't brought a Wii game in a while (No More Heroes) but definitely can't wait for this. The joys of multi console ownership \o/

edit: If only Accent Core Plus and Sengoku Basara X had Wii releases >:

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Tenbatsu said:
Some info.
- Original mini games

CapLOL

I've been waiting a long time to use that one.

robot

Great to see my Wii Hori stick could be of good use. Now I just need to find a way to play it on an American console.

cartman414 said:
It was in response to his "GC-to-PS2" controller comment. And the PS2 pad couldn't possibly be even equal to the CC d-pad.

The SFC Wii controller would be nice to see over here though.

PS2 D-pad and CC D-pad are both pretty weak for 2D fighters, but I do think the PS2 is slightly better for this type of game.

Top Bottom