• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Sponge

Banned
Forget Ridley guys, check out this new leak.

5kcn5f5.png

Forkball

She has an Impa-inspired(?) palette: white-ish with a red scarf and blue details.

• Sheik
Needles close to the ground had lots of lag, but maybe I did it wrong? I dunno, but it seems like they might have changed it. Grenade didn't seem to have much pull. It's also weird because the vortex seems to begin just as the him explodes. FAir is still pretty weak, but it got decent knockback once the opponent had enough damage. Don't remember all the colors but a few seemed similar to Zelda's(?).

• Unova Pokemon League music: 1) N's Castle Medley, 2) Battle! VS Reshiram/Zekrom (actually a medley featuring the Dragon Tower music!)
• Kirby just gets the Monado when he swallows Shulk
• Kirby makes that adorable whirring noise when he uses Inhale :3
• Kirby's Hammer can be charged from the air, and it's really easy to turn around on the ground while charging
• with the Monado, you press B to call up an art, then press B however many times while it's still lit up to cycle through the arts. A little cumbersome, IMO.

I want the sleek chic Impa from SS...

Also giving Kirby the Monado? I wouldn't trust a beast with such power.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sakurai must have been one of those bullies, since he always says Ridley is "too big" for the game.

Now Ridley is this skinny little space bat because he wants to get in Smash. He won't even bite Samus in the games because her blood would provide unnecessary calories. What he doesn't know is that Sakurai will call him "too big" no matter how much weigh is lost, cementing the futility of his efforts. Kraid, who used to be Ridley's fellow "too big" friend in his teenage years, has resigned himself to never entering the series.

So, Ridley's one of those anorexic teenagers huh

must be dem peer pressure

We already know Bowser's in the game.

but this is bowser!

Gamera13.jpg

That Pikachu comparison would be a lot less noticeable if the screens of the previous 3 games weren't being ridiculously stretched out.

• Unova Pokemon League music: 1) N's Castle Medley, 2) Battle! VS Reshiram/Zekrom (actually a medley featuring the Dragon Tower music!)

Interesting! Could you describe the stage in action? In some screenshots, the battlefield appears to tip sideways. And have you seen Milotic?

Masked Man

I said wow
• Palutena's Autoreticle seems to target based on where the opponent is when you initiate the attack. Samus was airborn when I pressed B and the shots fired diagonally toward even though Samus was already falling. Decent distance, though.
• Samus's bombs blow up on contact with opponents regardless of time, but they still bounce when they hit the ground.
• Gonna double-check the Pokemon and Paper Mario medley tracks when I get home.
• Palutena's taunts: "come back again soon!" And "allow me to purify you" god
dess
I love her

Kyzon

wonder how he managed to sneak that. wonder how he was even able to record footage. what sorcery is he using to make it look like hes not recording anything?

All I know is he records vertically and not horizontally. It hurts my soul.

I'd have gone in with Google Glass or a spy cam if I really wanted to record, but it's not that serious.

It's that fucking serious!!

Kyzon

eh, dark pit. purple pit. whatever. im still butthurt about the clone okay? :(

Would you have just rather we have 16 colors for pit instead/

It's too late for me to debate about why clone characters aren't bad. Especially ones that we don't know about all the way.
His css makes it look like he has his Dark Pit Staff.

Azure J

• Palutena's Autoreticle seems to target based on where the opponent is when you initiate the attack. Samus was airborn when I pressed B and the shots fired diagonally toward even though Samus was already falling. Decent distance, though.
• Samus's bombs blow up on contact with opponents regardless of time, but they still bounce when they hit the ground.
• Gonna double-check the Pokemon and Paper Mario medley tracks when I get home.
• Palutena's taunts: "come back again soon!" And "allow me to purify you" god
dess
I love her

Oh man, this is pretty great. Looks like I'll have to attempt learning Samus for real this time.

I'm attempting to get a picture of the fierce diety link.

- more experimentation with meta knight. His up b recover had a 2nd hit I hadn't noticed until now. At the peak of the recovery.

- you CANNOT cancel the dash ANIMATION. Only running with shield.

- Metaknight was given some
Harsh landing lag on his swipe aerials.

Would you have just rather we have 16 colors for pit instead/

It's too late for me to debate about why clone characters aren't bad. Especially ones that we don't know about all the way.
His css makes it look like he has his Dark Pit Staff.

eh, he could be good. I just felt that resources could've went to another clone if Sakurai had choices.

I mean, with Uprising being a popular franchise and one of Sakurai's latest games it makes sense from a practical standpoint BUT what about Lucas? Wolf? I would've loved to have taken Lucas back over Dark Pit personally.

- Sheik's landing lag is non-existent EXCEPT when she lands after using needles. It's small though.

- her fair doesn't gimp like Melee, but it's back to having that horizontal knockback.

Top Bottom