• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased my 800th Steam game for $35 at EBGames.

VaZFuaR.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Series' IP is owned by Warner Bros. based on wikipedia, best ask our seer Jase on the possibilities of WB remembering they have this IP and publishing it.

Wikipedia is way off: Sony owns Drakan. The original game was published Psygnosis back in the day, which is why the sequel is a Sony-published PS2 exclusive.

-MD-

Played 3 1/2 hours of Gauntlet with a buddy and got about 60-70% of the way through, I was elf he was warrior. Pretty fun, obviously it's a bit shallow/repetitive but that's Gauntlet.

Wish the gear wasn't just cosmetic and I'm not sure if I like the progression system more than the stat building of the older games. For the price we got it for though I'm definitely not complaining.

Arthea

Can't remember why, but I was sure One day of CHED is point&click, imagine my surprise after seeing Ozzie's pics (><)

And here was me thing Molyneux was the king of One Button Combat. I mean lets be fair there's plenty of arcade and Atari 2600 games that use just one button.

I still can't get over that car in FFXV though. Oh well at least we got XIII on Steam before things more than likely go awry at SE right folks?

Fable 2 has most simplistic combat in an RPG (don't hold me on this, I might tried hard to forget even worse cases if there are such), it's so simple, it gets boring right at the start, most importantly it never gets better. We have what? whole 5 spells in that game? (><)

What do you guys have against that car? I'm not even kidding, I don't understand this.

Dr Dogg

Fable 2 has most simplistic combat in an RPG (don't hold me on this, I might tried hard to forget even worse cases if there are such), it's so simple, it gets boring right at the start, most importantly it never gets better. We have what? whole 5 spells in that game? (><)

What do you guys have against that car? I'm not even kidding, I don't understand this.

I don't know I leveled up the Fire Spell to max and just spammed that. The sword I got from a quest was good even in the end game and DLC packs. The world was a bigger hook for me in the Fable games, well that and the dog!

For me it just seems a bit out of place. Even Raiden just chilling out as a cyborg ninja driving a car in Metal Gear Rising felt odd. But at least that's a ludicrous premise and a bit tongue in cheek. FFXV seems quite serious about the concept while the Backstreet Boys just jump out with their flipping stupidly oversized swords and special moves beating down on huge monsters. The two concepts couldn't be any further apart, modern looking car, fantastical combat and adversaries. I guess we'll see how it pans out when it's released but first impressions have got me chuckling for the wrong reasons sadly.

Tizoc

Wikipedia is way off: Sony owns Drakan. The original game was published Psygnosis back in the day, which is why the sequel is a Sony-published PS2 exclusive.

The man has spoken.
Thanks for correcting me, but at least the first game is PC only, low chances of Sony giving the OK for it to be published nowadays?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The man has spoken.
Thanks for correcting me, but at least the first game is PC only, low chances of Sony giving the OK for it to be published nowadays?

Yeah, I feel that it's something that would have happened by now if it were going to happen at all.

Arthea

I don't know I leveled up the Fire Spell to max and just spammed that. The sword I got from a quest was good even in the end game and DLC packs. The world was a bigger hook for me in the Fable games, well that and the dog!

For me it just seems a bit out of place. Even Raiden just chilling out as a cyborg ninja driving a car in Metal Gear Rising felt odd. But at least that's a ludicrous premise and a bit tongue in cheek. FFXV seems quite serious about the concept while the Backstreet Boys just jump out with their flipping stupidly oversized swords and special moves beating down on huge monsters. The two concepts couldn't be any further apart, modern looking car, fantastical combat and adversaries. I guess we'll see how it pans out when it's released but first impressions have got me chuckling for the wrong reasons sadly.
The dog was mighty useful, I have suspicion he kept me playing till the end (><)

I don't see how it is out of place, judging from trailers it's a civilization with lots of technologies: it has roads, cars, automated checkpoints, guns, machine guns, etc. I can't see a fancy car being out of place there even if I tried.

There's no hot tub in the back.

oh! now I understand

What I really want is a boat cruise in FFXV

that would be nice, but I think a space ship needs come back already, it was long enough

Dr Dogg

The dog was mighty useful, I have suspicion he kept me playing till the end (><)

I don't see how it is out of place, judging from trailers it's a civilization with lots of technologies: it has roads, cars, automated checkpoints, guns, machine guns, etc. I can't see a fancy car being out of place there even if I tried.

Didn't you ever used to draw car's with rockets, machine guns, wings and all other crazy sorts of shit coming off them on your exercise books as a kids? Mine were a lot more flamboyant than what FFXV has gone for. Christ even Homer's effort would be a better fit as the car of tomorrow.

Everything about the setting look refined and advanced but the car to me looks just plain dull.

Anteater

that would be nice, but I think a space ship needs come back already, it was long enough

I do sometimes wonder if they could bring back the airship/spaceship without a mini world map, the scale would have to be so huge I doubt it would ever happen, but it's nice to dream.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, you have to download Half Life 2 to get the Soundtrack? That's....dumb
Sorry if I'm a bit late, just got up
It's DLC, so it's understandable. Perhaps there should be a way to differentiate extra content DLC from independent stuff (music, wallpapers and so) that doesn't require the base game, but as of now there's none. Or so I believe.

Arthea

Didn't you ever used to draw car's with rockets, machine guns, wings and all other crazy sorts of shit coming off them on your exercise books as a kids? Mine were a lot more flamboyant than what FFXV has gone for. Christ even Homer's effort would be a better fit as the car of tomorrow.

Everything about the setting look refined and advanced but the car to me looks just plain dull.

oh, it's not fancy enough for you!
totally misunderstood (><)

I do sometimes wonder if they could bring back the airship/spaceship without a mini world map, the scale would have to be so huge I doubt it would ever happen, but it's nice to dream.

ya, I think we won't have an airship or spaceship anytime soon, even if FF has to have ships of all sorts, also cars, buses, trains, funiculars, oh and elevators. Am I forgetting something?

Echoplx

Completely off topic but WTF happened to the gaf member W!CKED? I was looking through my post history and saw some posts where I quoted him but all of his actual posts have been deleted and his account is gone. Very weird.

Milamber

What if! What if... you meet a great mechanic Cid in some town who will perform those kind of upgrades over the course of the game and it looking kind of big and dull in the beginning just shows its promises.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Completely off topic but WTF happened to the gaf member W!CKED? I was looking through my post history and saw some posts where I quoted him but all of his actual posts have been deleted and his account is gone. Very weird.

Going off stumps earlier post they requested a account deletion.

Dr Dogg

oh, it's not fancy enough for you!
totally misunderstood (><)

Yeah pretty much. I'm mentally painting the picture of the wold from the limited footage they have show and from what I had seen so far of the infrastructure I would have expected the transport to have a vibe like something out of an Arthur C Clarke, Phillip K Dick or William Gibson novel. What it turned out to be was a bit of a shock for me.

I was expecting this.
Where we got something akin to this.

Stump mentioned why a few pages back,

What if! What if... you meet a great mechanic Cid in some town who will perform those kind of upgrades over the course of the game and it looking kind of big and dull in the beginning just shows its promises.

Hahaha you never know eh. Though that's a horrible way of communicating things 'hey here's the shitty car you get in the beginning. I know it look like a regular old car of today but you get a super dooper Highwind custom job when you get further in. Stay tuned for the Xzibit DLC pack later on!'

Arthea

duh, he makes it into the airship, and later upgrades to the spaceship, why would Cid waste his time on some stupid car?

Milamber

Yeah pretty much. I'm mentally painting the picture of the wold from the limited footage they have show and from what I had seen so far of the infrastructure I would have expected the transport to have a vibe like something out of an Arthur C Clarke, Phillip K Dick or William Gibson novel. What it turned out to be was a bit of a shock for me.

I was expecting this.

I don't know, those all leather character designs of the main characters fits them having a giant Chrysler/Rolls Royce type vehicle to bum around in. Classy.

duh, he makes it into the airship, and later upgrades to the spaceship, why would Cid waste his time on some stupid car?
I was kind of expecting their endgame to have a huge honking tour bus with their faces plastered on the sides and a hot tub on top. Example...

Dr Dogg

I don't know, those all leather character designs of the main characters fits them having a giant Chrysler/Rolls Royce type vehicle to bum around in. Classy.

Oh for sure it fits the whole look of the crew. I'm sure it will be fine when the game is released. I mean the last proper future come fantasy setting Final Fantasy with transport was VIII and look what they drove around in at the start.

The Tempest was a spitting image for a Cadillac if I've ever seen one.

MadGear

I should get Wolfenstein 2014 some time.

Me too. But i don't want to support Bethesda for how they handled the situation in germany so i won't get it before it drops to 10€ or preferably lower. Might sound a bit butthurt but yeah, I just don't approve of their unnecessary restrictions.

Tellaerin

I was expecting this.

A car out of a Phillip K. Dick novel might or might not actually be a car, and would probably end up turning into something else halfway through the story anyway. >.>

I actually should work, but I made a fancy car for SE, just to make Dr Dogg happy!

no, I haven't designed it, it's BMW concept

I thought that was the latest Razer mouse. >.>

Dr Dogg

Hey has anyone here preordered stuff via Humble and their Widget before? Do you know how soon they send out their keys? The Vanishing of Ethan Cater preload is meant to go up a few hours beforehand but with my crappy internet I need all the time I can. Cheers in advance.

I actually should work, but I made a fancy car for SE, just to make Dr Dogg happy!

no, I haven't designed it, it's BMW concept

Make it DLC Square!

A car out of a Phillip K. Dick novel might or might not actually be a car, and would probably end up turning into something else halfway through the story anyway. >.>

I'm just waiting for there to be an incar radio station playing some out of place music to sow it all up.

I am trying to play Counter-Strike Nexon Zombies since yesterday but whenever I start it I get this message: The servers are currently down for maintenance. Please refer to the website for announcements. Is everyone having this issue or only me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom