• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

sangreal

Some FH2 gameplay

fh11.png

fh15.png

fh17.png

OryoN

Aside from the aliasing and rough shadow detail around the circular window, this looks brilliant.

The shadowing is good quality and seems to be rendered pretty accurately in the game. According to some tech details Shin'en shared, they seemed pretty happy with the level of quality they were able to achieve. I believe what you are seeing are very subtle God-ray effects as the rays of light interact with the woodwork (an example of atmospheric light scattering, iirc). More and more AAA games are trying to employ this effect dynamically these days.

Edit: I might get weak for this but; I think Infamous: SS - despite being impressive technically - is a pretty mediocre looking game, aesthetically. Really unappealing palette and boring art. To me, it's just not that beautiful to look at. I'm glad Shadow of Modor entered this thread, because it justifies everything I felt about ISS. SOM, is perhaps a tad less technically impressive, but the artwork and palette chioce makes such a dramatic difference in these pics. What a gorgeous looking game!

(For the record, I feel the same way about Drive Club(nay) and Forza Horizon 2(yay), and I'm anxiously waiting for that contrast to be demonstrated in this thread)

Shin-Ra

The shadowing is good quality and seems to be rendered pretty accurately in the game. According to some tech details Shin'en shared, they seemed pretty happy with the level of quality they were able to achieve. I believe what you are seeing are very subtle God-ray effects as the rays of light interact with the woodwork (an example of atmospheric light scattering, iirc). More and more AAA games are trying to employ this effect dynamically these days.
It just looks like low-res pre-baked ambient occlusion to me.

i8lXTWS3R4CpN.jpg

AO looks a bit heavy in general but only has rough artefacting around that window.

Zenaku

How is the game anyway?

I'm really enjoying it so far. The graphics look wonderful in motion, lighting from the torch is nice, with the dynamic shadows it casts making me look twice now and then. It's been a while since playing IV, but I feel the game is a little harder too, in the way ghosts move, and the damage they can deal and take.

ikrVIh3H98fq6.jpg

imKrd2AGDjoPL.jpg

iHYRjRntrZolD.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Shadow of Mordor PS4
ibuNLfJ2Lxjv93.jpg

i1QZzMbniedLK.jpg

iwhmTPeM19Cq1.jpg

-griffy-

Banned
If this game had some AF it wouldn't look too bad (at night-time anyway).

15238127459_245e962712_o.png

15421707871_9eb4aef911_o.png

15401833166_53940a4976_o.png

AF and the artifacting/dithering in hair/foliage are the two things really holding back the IQ, otherwise it can be a very good looking game at times (and the 60fps certainly helps). The overall attention to detail in the special effects is quite good (the look of the rain when going into slow motion, the flapping of fabric on tents, the lens flares, etc), which is always impressive in Kojima's games.

lmbotiva

ok, this goes to everyone that has posted images for shadow of mordor, i love you :)

i have the game but the screenshots here still amaze me

Loxley

ok, this goes to everyone that has posted images for shadow of mordor, i love you :)

i have the game but the screenshots here still amaze me

Heh, I'm in the same boat. I own the game and could boot it up right now if I wanted, but I enjoy looking at in stills just as much. I think part of it is just marveling at the quality of Talion's model.

Top Bottom