• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Alien_%20Isolation%C3%A2%C2%84%C2%A2_20141004132057.jpg

Alien_%20Isolation%C3%A2%C2%84%C2%A2_20141004132313.jpg

Alien_%20Isolation%C3%A2%C2%84%C2%A2_20141004132259.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That's incredible. Just a shame they didn't much care about AA. Is the aliasing in this game distracting to you (like I've heard some say for at least the XBone version) or is it serviceable enough?

Pretty sure the cutscenes are pre-rendered. The differences between that shot and the gameplay ones is pretty obvious.

thelastword

Banned
I was a bit down on Mordor prior to release, but these screens have really impressed me, especially the foliage shots, very impressive.

Loxley

Question for all those posting Mordor screens - is that hood part of the default outfit/unlockable outfit, or some pre-order bonus?

It was a pre-order bonus, the "Dark Ranger" skin. It looks vastly superior to the default model imo, especially in-game with dat cape.

It was a pre-order bonus, the "Dark Ranger" skin. It looks vastly superior to the default model imo, especially in-game with dat cape.
Meeh :/
I hope it's in the PSN Legion Edition of the game purchased couple of days after the launch (gonna borrow friend's account with it). If not, I'll just have to wait for the next AssCreed for my fix of hooded broody parkour-and-assassination loving white dudes.

Is the aliasing in this game distracting to you (like I've heard some say for at least the XBone version) or is it serviceable enough?

It's not too bad, for the most part, but can be quite noticeable in more open rooms or areas with moving objects/light-sources. I haven't found it terribly distracting so far, though.

Here's a few more shots;

Alien_%20Isolation%C3%A2%C2%84%C2%A2_20141004162949.jpg

Alien_%20Isolation%C3%A2%C2%84%C2%A2_20141004165133.jpg

Alien_%20Isolation%C3%A2%C2%84%C2%A2_20141004164238.jpg

Incidentally, the default options have the film grain setting set to full. I might have to try and turn it down a bit when taking screeshots, as it looks good in motion but not in still images.

i-Lo

From the screens, parts of AI gives off strong atmosphere and level design vibes two games:
  • Doom
  • Chronicles of Riddick

23qwerty

Meeh :/
I hope it's in the PSN Legion Edition of the game purchased couple of days after the launch (gonna borrow friend's account with it). If not, I'll just have to wait for the next AssCreed for my fix of hooded broody parkour-and-assassination loving white dudes.

It is! You just have to download it afterwards by going back to the Shadow of Mordor page and downloading it again for some reason.

me0wish

How is Trap Team compared to Swap Force? Those screen shots look gorgeous, Skylanders PS4 is the only thing that is making me envy PS4 owners.

Damn, Forza 2 is almost gorgeous enough to make me get an Xbone right now.
Also, not gonna lie - that new Skylander game or whatever has a great art direction and looks pretty as hell.

melchior_

How is Trap Team compared to Swap Force? Those screen shots look gorgeous, Skylanders PS4 is the only thing that is making me envy PS4 owners.

Only four chapters in but enjoying it quite a bit so far. Seems to have less combat compared to Swap Force, at least as far as I can recall but I'm still pretty early in the game. Especially loving the voiceover work for the villains.

Noobcraft

Some Forza Horizon 2. Unfortunately (since the Xbox One doesn't have a screenshot command) these are from photomode, but there really isn't much of a difference between photomode and gameplay in FH2 other than camera angle and slightly softer shadows.

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

It is! You just have to download it afterwards by going back to the Shadow of Mordor page and downloading it again for some reason.
Great, thanks a lot for the info!

Edit: I know I said this couple of times already, but I have to say it again - Forza Horizon 2 looks damn nice! More Lambos (in some sun-soaked fields or rain-soaked roads) please :D

stryke

Some Forza Horizon 2. Unfortunately (since the Xbox One doesn't have a screenshot command) these are from photomode, but there really isn't much of a difference between photomode and gameplay in FH2 other than camera angle and slightly softer shadows.

There's supersampling as well.

Are we allowed to post FH2 photos in here then? I thought posting photos that aren't representative of gameplay was frowned upon. FH2 looks good in game but the photomode IQ is definitely noticeably better.

If so I have about 30 of my own that I can pick from....

VanWinkle

Are we allowed to post FH2 photos in here then? I thought posting photos that aren't representative of gameplay was frowned upon. FH2 looks good in game but the photomode IQ is definitely noticeably better.

If so I have about 30 of my own that I can pick from....

I don't really like them when they aren't representative of the game's image quality (like most racers' photo modes), but I don't think it's prohibited.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
3 pics per post

also the game has a clean ass IQ

Really? Looks to me like it has no AA at all. And CA is an IQ flaw IMO. It certainly is in the view of photographers.

Top Bottom