• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake Trailer is Almost here!!! Let's Get in Here and all wait together!!!

soco

sounds good to me.

i hope remedy releases an HD version as soon as the actual one leaks onto the interwebs. gonna be hard to judge the graphics from someone's crappy cellphone video.

Manager

soco said:
sounds good to me.

i hope remedy releases an HD version as soon as the actual one leaks onto the interwebs. gonna be hard to judge the graphics from someone's crappy cellphone video.

As far as I know, it would only be shown during the first day. In each theatre there was people watching over so that no-one could film it. Since it's not up now, there's a possibility that it might never go up... until Remedy release it themselves.

Kevin said:
LOL Remedy can't even release a trailer on time. :lol

I think they were just planning on showing it before the max payne movie, that's it.

We need a fin to step up to the plate, even a shitty shaky cam recording will do for now.

Chiggs

1cesc said:
Did they show the new two-minute launch trailer or the commercial?

It was some guy in a tent talking to himself and transforming into various alternative characters. There was some gameplay footage and it looked pretty good.

MidiSurf

Banned
Kevin said:
LOL Remedy can't even release a trailer on time. :lol

Qué ? I saw the movie yesterday and I also saw Alan Wake trailer... I do hope you all know this trailer is Finland only.

EDIT: Movie was really bad, I walked out after one hour :D

Accident

I found this on a spanish board, supposed to be from the trailer
2cdtpwg.jpg

2dt4uvl.jpg

2yozasy.jpg

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Accident said:
http://i33.tinypic.com/2cdtpwg.jpg[/MG]
[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/2dt4uvl.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/2yozasy.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Old.

MidiSurf

Banned
Accident said:
2cdtpwg.jpg

2dt4uvl.jpg

2yozasy.jpg

Stuff from finnish game show called tilt and it's 2006 build of Alan Wake.

EDIT: But it's kinda impressive that those shots are from two years ago and it's still looks better than many games today.

I really hope they optmized the engine since that awesome "we're using two of the quad core processors JUST to power up this tornado!" showing.

Ok either nobody is seeing Max Payne or the trailer really sucks because you would think there would be SOME impressions in here. So far all we have is:

"hey, saw the trailer. its not old its new"

I'm going to see Max Payne tonight and just for the sake of this snail of a thread I'm going to post really detailed impressions when i get home.

harSon

Banned
Memphis Reigns said:
Ok either nobody is seeing Max Payne or the trailer really sucks because you would think there would be SOME impressions in here. So far all we have is:

"hey, saw the trailer. its not old its new"

I'm going to see Max Payne tonight and just for the sake of this snail of a thread I'm going to post really detailed impressions when i get home.

If you don't live in Finland then don't bother

MidiSurf

Banned
Memphis Reigns said:
Don't bother what. Seeing Max Payne? Im seeing it regardless. I didn't know this was a "special Finland event". Why Finland? What a dumb idea Remedy...

They are showing love for the folks back home <3

HarSon what do you wan't to know ? Alan Wake was still lookin fabulous. Best looking environments of this gen and amazing amount of details in characters... I still think Crysis is overall tad better looking game but then again the trailer was really short and don't really give you the big picture of things. So I won't jump to any big conclusions yet.

EDIT: Well one thing is sure Alan Wake has only one rival on graphics department and that rival is Crysis.

MidiSurf

Banned
Ike said:
I wanna see it now. :(

Don't wait too much from the trailer :lol It's short trailer and doesn't show anything too spectacular. You can see from the trailer that the game has made progress during these years but it's also very clear that the trailer really was only "spur of the moment things".

harSon

Banned
MidiSurf said:
They are showing love for the folks back home <3

HarSon what do you wan't to know ? Alan Wake was still lookin fabulous. Best looking environments of this gen and amazing amount of details in characters... I still think Crysis is overall tad better looking game but then again the trailer was really short and don't really give you the big picture of things. So I won't jump to any big conclusions yet.

EDIT: Well one thing is sure Alan Wake has only one rival on graphics department and that rival is Crysis.

Does the story seem to be the same? Or is the teaser to short be 100 percent sure?

MidiSurf

Banned
harSon said:
Does the story seem to be the same? Or is the teaser to short be 100 percent sure?

Story is indeed the same. Even the ending was very much like in the other trailers you know silhouettes closing to wake, well except this time one of the silhouettes was carrying a axe. It will be very interesting to see if these silhouettes are creations of Alan's imagination or good people of bright falls who just don't like Alan :D.

Top Bottom