• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake Trailer is Almost here!!! Let's Get in Here and all wait together!!!

MidiSurf

Banned
Ganondorfo said:
He looks like a silent hill main character.

Nah, he looks like Ilkka Villi.

I'm so hyped for this game, can't wait to see the trailer. Although I have to wait two more days to see it :(

FirewalkR

MisterSINISTER said:
its going to take a lot to get the hype rolling on this one again. hype train left the building like a year ago

If it is as good as I think it will be, the hype train will be moving full steam ahead in no time.

And if what Edge magazine said is true, there should be quite the difference between the PC and console versions... these guys are VERY good technically, though, so who knows how far they can push the 360. I like to think that they can do it more than anyone else thus far. :D

Edge also said the game is different nowadays, I wonder what it means...

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Isn't this little too early ? I mean todays screening is for VIP and press guests and I really doubt any of them will provide us alan wake material.

RJT

Fuzz Rez said:
Isn't this little too early ? I mean todays screening is for VIP and press guests and I really doubt any of them will provide us alan wake material.
Don't you know? Movie press loooooves video games. Just ask Roger Ebert.

BeeDog

I will be mighty pissed if they have canned the PC version, but other than that, I'm pretty hyped. Will be great hearing something new about this game.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
RJT said:
Don't you know? Movie press loooooves video games. Just ask Roger Ebert.

Well the trailer will be shown only in Finland and finnish movie press doesn't care for games.

I will be mighty pissed if they have canned the PC version, but other than that, I'm pretty hyped. Will be great hearing something new about this game.

Don't worry it will be out on PC and that's 100% sure. But still it's vista only.

RJT

Fuzz Rez said:
Well the trailer will be shown only in Finland and finnish movie press doesn't care for games.
I was being ironic...

This is what he said about gaming:
I am prepared to believe that video games can be elegant, subtle, sophisticated, challenging and visually wonderful ... but I believe the nature of the medium prevents it from moving beyond craftsmanship to the stature of art. To my knowledge, no one in or out of the field has ever been able to cite a game worthy of comparison with the great dramatists, poets, film-makers, novelists and composers.

Mohonky

Getting a real Twin Peaks vibe here....

Edit: and it looks like other people have noticed this before me also.

Uncle

Fuzz Rez said:

Apparently both Pelit and Pelaaja gave away free tickets to todays screenings.

Edit: ok, just Pelit.

El-Suave

Do we have to depend on a few finnish friends to secretly record the thing and upload it somewhere, or will it be made available to the general public in good quality soon after it premiered?

El-Suave said:
Do we have to depend on a few finnish friends to secretly record the thing and upload it somewhere, or will it be made available to the general public in good quality soon after it premiered?

This?

Guess I'll wait too!

Mohonky said:
Getting a real Twin Peaks vibe here....

Edit: and it looks like other people have noticed this before me also.
yes. well... there is a diner in the game that is an exact recreation of the real world diner they used for the RR Diner in Twin Peaks (the Mar T cafe in North Bend, WA at the time, now called Twede's). can't find the screenshot now though.

also, the mountain behind the logo is blatantly Mount Si. the same mountain you see in the opening credits of twin peaks.

they blatantly visited the north bend/snoqualmie/fall river area of WA state for inspiration. it's no coincidence that that's the exact area twin peaks was filmed.

Jme

I've never been so excited for a trailer.
Imagine how excited we'll be when we're approaching this games RELEASE DATE.

Ozorov

HugBasket said:
look at all dat hate

game must have become an exclusive or something
Well. Exclusive to Xbox 360 and PC, yes. The game has never been annoncued for PS3.. or has it?

Truant said:
There's a difference between inspiration and a ripoff.

Having in common a mountain view is a rip off?

Please...
:lol

It's nature. Is there a copyright on it?
Will God sue Remedy for ripping off a mountain view?? :lol

Uncle

At least some of the screenings are over. No info about trailer yet. Movie is apparently pretty shitty.

Top Bottom