• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Got the guide book

2d0gojs.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The promo DLC codes aren't live yet, right? Says 10/21 on the card, but I imagine they got pushed back a week too?

Flunkie

Banned
omfg, if I see another post about someone getting LBP early, I'm going to go insane. I wanted to punch that manager. UGH

FACK

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
LOL @ the reward for acing the last boss.
It's a sackboy outfit that turn him into 2D character with a yellow block for a head and purple pants. :lol

poweld

neojubei said:
So true So true. Boston lacks soo many mom and pop video game stores. Now NY have tons of mom and pop stores.

Hey neojubei, extend a fellow Bostonian the professional courtesy of tossing me a PM if you should find it this week, will ya? I'll do the same for you. :D

Epcott

Went to a dilapidated Kmart hoping they had one some unknowing clerk would hand it over to me today...

No copies whatsoevarrrrrr!

LBP-less till Tuesday, I gues

/:-(

soco

Blu_LED said:
My Gamestop said they were getting it in on the 25th. Is this possible or is it just another misinformed Gamestop clerk.

there was a sign at Toys'R'Us last night that said the 25th at like 5:00 or 5:30. i was surprised it was so specific.

when i called around today, people were saying anywhere between the 28th and 2 weeks from now.

some of the online websites i've seen also say the 11th for some reason.

soco said:
there was a sign at Toys'R'Us last night that said the 25th at like 5:00 or 5:30. i was surprised it was so specific.

when i called around today, people were saying anywhere between the 28th and 2 weeks from now.

some of the online websites i've seen also say the 11th for some reason.

what store? i take it this is up north?

Down south here it's 3-5 days for our shipment to arrive unless we get lucky.

Baha

DoctorWho said:
How is the strategy guide for this game? Does it give detailed instructions on sound level construction?

This. Is is worth my money beyond 100% completion, how are the level editing tutorials?

matticus

So... I visited my local Meijer thinking it might be the perfect target for some unknowing employees to sell me LBP. The girl who helped me said "oh yeah, that came out today, let me check in the back". She went in the back and came back and said that there was a whole case of LBP that had mysteriously disappeared, lol. I didn't have the heart to tell her that they were on their way back to Sony.

If anyone knows a place in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area that is selling LBP, please let me know!

Adama

Flunkie said:
omfg, if I see another post about someone getting LBP early, I'm going to go insane. I wanted to punch that manager. UGH

FACK

I got it!! I guess my local Toys'R'Us ignored the memo cuz they were selling it with manager override. >..>b

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
poweld said:
Hey neojubei, extend a fellow Bostonian the professional courtesy of tossing me a PM if you should find it this week, will ya? I'll do the same for you. :D

Sure thing.

twinturbo2 said:
Does the download code work?

Not yet. Maybe next week.

DoctorWho said:
How is the strategy guide for this game? Does it give detailed instructions on sound level construction?

Yea the guide helps you build a complete level. I haven't tried it yet, but I will this weekend.

vercity82

Im tempted for the guid for some of the stickers this game is huge i just on the last stage i so want the server to go live i got a code for a outfit and it is correct that they aint gone live yet :(....

I hoped SONY qwould of put the server up but i guessing there waiting for all people to have there copys before letting this go live

Wowbagger

mrklaw said:
damn the bunker is a bastard. Think I'm going to give up the idea of doing the 'no lives' trophy. Bastard bastard big wheel.

I came here to post just that. Getting through the outer ring is a nightmare.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
With the banned song, can't I just attach the song/speaker to a piece of wood, capture it as one of "My Objects" and then put it in a prize bubble? I could then just publish the level and the song would be there for people to grab. I would think that would work, but we'll see how they patch it.

alr1ghtstart said:
With the banned song, can't I just attach the song/speaker to a piece of wood, capture it as one of "My Objects" and then put it in a prize bubble? I could then just publish the level and the song would be there for people to grab. I would think that would work, but we'll see how they patch it.
LOL, I'm pretty sure they're 12 steps ahead of you on that one.

alr1ghtstart said:

When the game is released, there will be a patch. MM even said the day this hit the fan, right on their site, that they had a patch ready. Not that they were working on it, they had one ready. I assure you the patch will remove any and all connections to that song. Sure you could make the prize bubble, but when you have to download the patch to publish your level and play online, I assume there will be no way to get to, find, or play the song.

That song is the end of the world, it says everyone on earth will perish. Which they will at some point, and that is a horrible truth to hear in Somalian language on a video game. :D

alr1ghtstart said:

even if you capture it it still retains that information it's the sound object just being attached to something ;P

Phreaker

I got my copy today. I ordered it from Play Asia over the weekend they shipped it out from Hong Kong Monday at 3:30pm (their time) and it got to Raleigh by 9:00am this morning. I wasn't home to sign for it so I picked it up at the FedEx location on my way home from work. Just got to the 3rd area and I did all the tutorials again, whew... :)

Len1978 said:
yea good point I saw the the 8 in meta and click the link, but you're right where did they get the 8 from

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/littlebigplanet

I just saw this:
What The Critics Said

All critic scores are converted to a 100-point scale. If a critic does not indicate a score, we assign a score based on the general impression given by the text of the review. Learn more...

if there's no score they should leave it alone or just put N/A

Top Bottom