• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Durante Presents: FFXIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha

Xyber

When I take screenshots, they are showing up as 1080p instead of full resolution. Even using Afterburner and the Full Screenshot gedosato function.

There's something up, 2 screens I grabbed in the same session got saved at different resolutions. One 3200x1800 and the next was 1080p. And the only one I took this session was saved at 1080p too.

I need help :(

How do I get this working? I have GeDoSaTo up and running. How do I select resolutions in the game?

You can't select the res in game, you have to modify the ffxiiiimg ini file. Open gedosato click "edit settings" then select config\ffxiiiimg\GeDoSaTo.ini

Then, change renderResolution to your desired resolution:

Code:
# can't select res in-game so write it here
clearRenderResolutions
renderResolution 3840x2160@60

Daingurse

How do you find the time to fix other people's shit, so promptly? You the man Durante, had no clue this shit was locked to 720p.

Peltz

I don't even understand.... I'm not even a PC gamer. But why make a 720p port to PC hardware? That doesn't even make sense. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the port?

golem09

Neo Member
My 560ti runs 720 mostly in 60fps, but not always, 1080p about half the time, and 2180p only rarely.
But 2180 downscaled just looks so lovely, I can't take my eyes of it.
So 2180@30 it is until my 970 comes along, hopefully next week.

Now we only need that DoF fixed from GODurante, minimap doesn't even bother me. What's it gonna show? The direction of the corridor?

Garteal

If someone wants to fix it: probably just need to redirect setScissorRect over the plugin hierarchy and rewrite calls that set a 0/0/1280/720 scissor rect to 0/0/RenderWidth/RenderHeight. I'll do it tomorrow if possible, but I might not get to it before Saturday.
I finally caved in and got GeDoSaTo compiling a while ago and started looking into this. Still have to get a bit more familiar with your code base but it looks very clean, so well done!

I've redirected the scissorRect which was easy to do and it solved the menu issues. This seems to work fine on my end but there are a couple of other issues still apparent that I'll take a look at tomorrow or something as it's nearly 3AM here now.
To play with the menu fixes, download this dll and place it in your GeDoSaTo folder.

Nyoro SF

I don't even understand.... I'm not even a PC gamer. But why make a 720p port to PC hardware? That doesn't even make sense. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the port?

From the PC side we just call it a quick cash grab. You're basically using completed assets and just dropping them onto the PC platform to get extra bucks.

cj_iwakura

Does anyone else think it is beyond pathetic Durante was able to get 4K support in FFXIII within a single day of release and SE couldn't do it with god knows how long of time with the port?

I mean come on man. WTF. Same with Dark Souls and other games. These devs man .. i don't even know whats up with em anymore.

Amazing work though. Makes me want the game ...

I'm pretty sure they counted on this happening. Why spend time and money when Durante or someone like him will do it for free?

I finally caved in and got GeDoSaTo compiling a while ago and started looking into this. Still have to get a bit more familiar with your code base but it looks very clean, so well done!

I've redirected the scissorRect which was easy to do and it solved the menu issues. This seems to work fine on my end but there are a couple of other issues still apparent that I'll take a look at tomorrow or something as it's nearly 3AM here now.
To play with the menu fixes, download this dll and place it in your GeDoSaTo folder.

sweet! thanks for posting

diaspora

I'm pretty sure they counted on this happening. Why spend time and money when Durante or someone like him will do it for free?

I don't think they thought of multiple resolutions at all. I really do believe management asked for a 1:1 port with the ability to swap between windowed and full screen. That's what developers did and what we got.

Looking good so far, just need the menu fixed and I'll be playing the hell out of this.

Oh well, until then I might as well try out Dragon Age Origins... Which I bought literally just a day before it was made free on Origin. Oh well, it was only five bucks

Foffy

Banned
I hope the other XIII games get better PC support out of the gate, but I doubt it...

Don't you need to use an external program for the game to acknowledge a controller?

Mohasus

Anyone has really pixelated text? It doesn't matter the scaling option I'm using.
Playing the game without gedosato makes the text blurrier (which I prefer).
edit: bicubic scaling fixed it.

I don't think they thought of multiple resolutions at all. I really do believe management asked for a 1:1 port with the ability to swap between windowed and full screen. That's what developers did and what we got.

Especially since this was made for their stream service, 720p will save them lots of bandwidth.

I doubt it's a GeDoSaTo thing, but whenever I minimize or alt+tab the game, no matter what settings or resolution it crashes

Same thing happens here, but only when using gedosato.

Marceles

I doubt it's a GeDoSaTo thing, but whenever I minimize or alt+tab the game, no matter what settings or resolution it crashes

legacyzero

Banned
You can't select the res in game, you have to modify the ffxiiiimg ini file. Open gedosato click "edit settings" then select config\ffxiiiimg\GeDoSaTo.ini

Code:
clearRenderResolutions

Oh wow. I didn't know this was a thing, thanks!

If early DSFix and early GeDoSaTo are anything to go by, it could actually be a GeDoSaTo thing.

Alex

I'll never replay this one, but christ almighty these publishers should be sending you checks in the mail at this point.

Hubb

I hope the other XIII games get better PC support out of the gate, but I doubt it...

Don't you need to use an external program for the game to acknowledge a controller?

Is this true? It shows partial support on Steam. Guess that means you need to configure the buttons outside of the game to get it to work.

Xyber

Thanks, works great. Nice too see what I have in my inventory.

It's probably because of GDST, but hopefulle Durante can fix it somehow. I got no crashes without it earlier.

Mohasus

Is this true? It shows partial support on Steam. Guess that means you need to configure the buttons outside of the game to get it to work.

It isn't. Worked fine with my Xbox One controller. You just have to change the icons to controller style in game if you need.

Qassim

Does anyone else think it is beyond pathetic Durante was able to get 4K support in FFXIII within a single day of release and SE couldn't do it with god knows how long of time with the port?

I mean come on man. WTF. Same with Dark Souls and other games. These devs man .. i don't even know whats up with em anymore.

Amazing work though. Makes me want the game ...

As Durante talks about in his PCGamer article:

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-features-pc-gamers-wantan-open-letter-to-developers-and-gamers/

Arbitrary resolutions support should be trivial to implement. I think it is just a case that some developers just simply don't understand the importance of arbitrary resolutions support on a PC game and how easy it is to implement.

Levyne

Banned

Code:
clearRenderResolutions

Oh, this lets me put in a 16:10 resolution and get rid of black bars, neat

iosefe

i posted your fix on the steam discussion forums for the game

legacyzero

Banned
Yep. 60 fps until a battle starts.

Hmmmm?

EDIT: Wait.. now its back to 60? Seems it was only the tutorial menu that dropped it to 30?

Levyne

Banned
Anyone know what setting could be causing this? Only see it sometimes

UtMWtEG.jpg

~Kinggi~

Banned
Jesus christ finally finished downloading and this thing worked like a charm. Holy god the game looks amazing.

Set AF to 16x in nvidia and set res at like 3200x1800 i think. Running at 1080p on TV. Seems to be mostly 60fps with occasional DOF issues and map doesnt work.

16gb ram
gtx 770 2gb OC'd

It looks beautiful there is so much going on hot damn!

Thanks Durante.

Grief.exe

I put a hashtag in front of clearRenderResolutions

Still only getting 1080p screenshots rather than full resolution for some reason.

The way this game handles framerates/performance/framedrops/etc is dumb. It's even worse than Dark Souls: PTD's 30/15 crap.

A Titan can reach 50-60fps at 8k in battle, and yet the game refuses to cooperate.

Gbraga

I put a hashtag in front of clearRenderResolutions

Still only getting 1080p screenshots rather than full resolution for some reason.

Do you play on a 1080p screen?

If so, that's just how GeDoSaTo works. It does the downsampling internally with the scaling type you choose (bilinear, bicubic or lanczos) and you'll just get the final downsampled image on your screen. When you take screenshots, it'll come downsampled already.

The idea is that you can get photoshop quality downsampling in-game if GeDoSaTo handles it instead of your drivers.

Top Bottom