• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nearly 5 hours of Lords of the Fallen footage via Lobos (Dark Souls Streamer)

nynt9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNCXprgI9A8

This guy is a great Dark Souls 1/2 player who does a bunch of challenge runs and is pretty good at the game. The devs let him stream a bunch of footage from a demo build. He says the combat feels like Dark Souls and he seems pretty positive on it on a quick skim.

There's a ton of never-before-seen stuff from the game here.

nynt9

Apparently he says to not expect the challenge of Dark Souls.

I just skipped to a point where he says it's not as challenging as Dark Souls but he died quite a bit. This is presumably an earlier area in the game though, so who knows.

Edit: It's also worth noting that he's one of the better DS players out there so the impressions of an average player might be different. Near the end he also says that the different character classes vary in difficulty quite a bit.

GorillaJu

Lobos has great taste in games. Plays all the Souls games, Isaac, doesn't buy the Shadow of Mordor hype, and his favorite game of all time is TLOZ: A Link to the Past.

If he likes this game then I'll buy.

ErichWK

also lobos is and has been in 3 really fucking good video game cover bands. He does it all! His dark soul's runs are great. His band Mr. GIMMICK IS EVEN BETTER

Kieli

Yep, I respect Lobos' opinion.

This stream has definitely peaked my interest in this Souls homage. Great graphics. Nice even pace in terms of combat.

Neat.

whelp, i know what I'm watching during my late dinner, this is 5 good hours to convince me its not going to crash and burn HARD.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I watched a few minutes of that, mainly jumping around every 30mins just to see what the deal was, and it sems its a blatant a Dark Souls clone as Darksiders was a Zelda clone, and I mean that in the best way possible.

But, 59.99€ means its a big fat pass for me (thats actually more than Dark Souls 2, the actually established franchise...lolwhut?)

I kinda "get" (but still hate) big publishers / developers going for the throat with 59.99€ lately, your Ubisofts, your EAs, but this? a relateively unknown game from CI Games (who?), what are they thinking?

edit: oh shit I just checked Steam to see who the dev was and noticed it now costs a much more reasonable 49.99€, thats better at least. If GMG sells it and theres a 25% voucher, I might buy this day 1

nynt9

I watched a few minutes of that, mainly jumping around every 30mins just to see what the deal was, and it sems its a blatant a Dark Souls clone as Darksiders was a Zelda clone, and I mean that in the best way possible.

But, 59.99€ means its a big fat pass for me (thats actually more than Dark Souls 2, the actually established franchise...lolwhut?)

I kinda "get" (but still hate) big publishers / developers going for the throat with 59.99€ lately, your Ubisofts, your EAs, but this? a relateively unknown game from CI Games (who?), what are they thinking?

edit: oh shit I just checked Steam to see who the dev was and noticed it now costs a much more reasonable 49.99€, thats better at least. If GMG sells it and theres a 25% voucher, I might buy this day 1

You might also want to lurk the Buy/Sell/Trade thread in the Gaming Community section for people selling Steam keys.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You might also want to lurk the Buy/Sell/Trade thread in the Gaming Community section for people selling Steam keys.

its locked, as are most/all games now. Trust me, I know how "to steam" lol :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Watched few parts.

It seems pretty good, look like a faster souls with more RPG elements and it's own ideas. from the video the combat and animations look very solid as well (and the game seems to run very well) for a studio that made Venetica (I guess the Witcher guys hired many new people for this game) this look like a huge jump on everything. I'm in I think.

nynt9

Watched few parts.

It seems pretty good, look like a faster souls with more RPG elements and it's own ideas. from the video the combat and animations look very solid as well (and the game seems to run very well) for a studio that made Venetica (I guess the Witcher guys hired many new people for this game) this look like a huge jump on everything. I'm in I think.

Yeah I'm totally in. Just gotta make time for it among other stuff.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Copy and pasted from other thread:

When I start playing games that I immediately see has lots of game depth, I instantly try to figure out everything before I even start to progress the game. Here's a list of things I'm going to be cleaning out of my depth-backlog as soon as I reach my first enemy that I can force-respawn.

- i-frames on fat/medium/light roll
- i-frames on fat/medium/light jump
- framerate, tearing (PS4)
- multiplier cap (does it exceed 2.0?)
- hit cancel animations and frame delays per weapon type
- timing on parries (how strict it is, compared to Demon's, Dark 1 and Dark 2)
- delay required before being able to backstab

If someone comes up with anything else they'd like me to try out, I'll gladly help out.

Maddrical

Pretty excited to see some more impressions of this game. The combat looks very polished, and the environments are nice. I'd love to see a nice story involved. Will definitely be picking it up in a Steam sale, perhaps at launch if it gets really good impressions.

Virdix

Played this at PAX and it was enough to convince me, i cant find the article because im at work but theyve added a lot of new systems seperate drom Dark Souls like an experience multiplier as well as experience degradation based on how long it takes to get to your bloodstain. Hope it lives up to my expectations.

-MD-

Looking great, I'm all about that rogue life.

Don't think I'll be able to pick it up on launch though =/

Cyborg

This guy is a pro offcourse he doesnt find the game as hard as DS. I think a lot of casual gamers will find the game hard/challanging.

Looks pretty decent. I'm holding up for some user and critic reviews but as a Dark Souls fan, it's on my radar, definitely.

EDIT: He's actually dying quite a bit as a rogue at least (the char build that I'm watching), it doesn't look like it's that "easy" anyway.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
It seems he was playing on a mix of High and Medium settings. No word on whether there's an "Ultra" category.

Also, the graphics options seemed a bit limited. Hopefully there will be more to choose from come the final game. There wasn't a PhysX option either although Nvidia have the game on their site supporting it I believe.

GorillaJu

It's coming out at a really bad time for me. I'm not playing any Souls until Bloodborne to keep myself from burning out, as I've played DS1 or 2 almost every day this year up until September and after Destiny and Shadow of Mordor I'm sick of collecting shit in games and I'm sure this game will have no shortage of hidden items and shit that you'll want to pick up. I'm not sure if I can resist the temptation though... It has a little bit of the DragDogs to it.

Top Bottom