• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of The Fallen | Review Thread

What scores do you think Lords of The Fallen will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 58 23.8%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 83 34.0%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 48 19.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alebrije

Lmao, the pvp in this game:

- Extreme rubber banding, both the host and invader get locked at 30 FPS because they couldnt figure out proper connection.
- Progression on coop sessions doesn't carry over for the person summoned.
- If you are invaded, the guy can fucking kill the NPCs in your game and brick questlines.

They should have focused on single player, they clearly didnt had the experience.
This is real? Yo can invade and fuck quests killing NPCs...if real is a new level of stupid lazy developing

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Heads up too for anyone who cares but steam was showing this isn’t available until tomorrow ? Ps5 is saying 9.5 hours from now.

Got it on ps5. Fuck it. If it’s bad I can warn friends .

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I
I've seeing so many reviews like that in he last hours, "combat is bad, sound design is awfull, performance abysmal 8/10" wtf ?

The main reason I’m picking it up is I’ll be bored otherwise since I’m caught up on my backlog lol.

Hard game to get legit info on. Doesn’t look like it’s a knockout though — even without bugs and performance.

Maybe it’s one of those games where it just is fun despite all the issues?

Draugoth

Gold Member
I've seeing so many reviews like that in the last hours, "combat is bad, sound design is awfull, performance abysmal 8/10" wtf ?

Idk the game seems to be very hit or miss, iwas waiting for Iron Pinneable Review, but i guess they didnt send him a code

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The problem with shameless copying is most players and reviewers going to compare to the real thing and if its not good as them (which 99% of them aren’t) then it would be nothing more than cheap knock off.

DavidGzz

Worst case, the performance is so bad that I quit until they patch it. I have D4 season 2 to play soon too so I can wait but I think I'll be fine with my 4070ti, and i9, and 64 gigs of ram. We'll see. Anyone know if you can download on Steam yet? I'm at the gym so I can't check.

Last edited:

DemWalls

Worst case, the performance is so bad that I quit until they patch it. I have D4 season 2 to play soon too so I can wait but I think I'll be fine with my 4070ti, and i9, and 64 gigs of ram. We'll see. Anyone know if you can download on Steam yet? I'm at the gym so I can't check.

Nope, not yet:

official-launch-times-v0-qrybkh237rtb1.jpg

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
77 on PC metacritic now. It seems it couldve breached 80 if the performance was better. Some small improvements in sound etc and this couldve been amazing.
Nevertheless, 77 is very good and am excited. Lies of P was 82 and I liked it a lot even if the artstyle wasnt to my taste. Here in Lords the artstyle and setting is exactly to my taste (medieval castles etc.) so to me it should be pretty good. Cant wait. Meanwhile I hope they keep churning out the patches to iron out the performance issues.

TheShocker

Bought the game on Xbox……was really looking forward to playing this weekend. Sounds like I might need to get a refund for now. No timeline is concerning.

UnrealEck

It's never going to be as good as any of the From Software games. I get the comparisons in tone/style and gameplay. But quality won't be there.
I had a feeling it would be a good game with not-so-great writing, VA, sound effects and music.

Once they patch the PVP issues and the sound effect complains (they apparently said they would) as well as the performance, it'll likely be a great game to play for Souls fans.

Well, I played it a bit and although I'm very early in the game (around 1h and a bit so far) and I'll say the following regarding the perf on PS5:
  • It defaults to quality so you'll have to switch to performance if you want 60 fps
  • cutscenes are stuttery for some reason (multi-frame stutters) and a bit buggy
  • the performance in the actual play is very solid - probably 60 fps but I have a VRR screen so I can't tell if it's slightly lower than that - but again this is at the very beginning of the game
  • image quality is better imo than in Remnant 2 perf mode (another UE5 game)
  • I didn't encounter any game crash
  • when you die you're prompted with a quick loading screen
That's kinda it. Oh and it has pretty good haptic feedback and adaptive triggers implementation.

swing_harder

Neo Member
I've seeing so many reviews like that in the last hours, "combat is bad, sound design is awfull, performance abysmal 8/10" wtf ?
FightingCowboy loves the game. His main criticisms are around multiplayer issues at launch. I’ve watched all of his “Let’s Play” videos and live streams. He has said that he loves the combat, graphics and even said that he sees no issues with the sound. He does have a $7k PC though.

swing_harder

Neo Member
Well, I played it a bit and although I'm very early in the game (around 1h and a bit so far) and I'll say the following regarding the perf on PS5:
  • It defaults to quality so you'll have to switch to performance if you want 60 fps
  • the performance in the actual play is very solid - probably 60 fps but I have a VRR screen so I can't tell if it's slightly lower than that - but again this is at the very beginning of the game
That's kinda it. Oh and it has pretty good haptic feedback and adaptive triggers implementation.
Thanks for the PS5 info 👍🏻 Sounds good to me. I have it downloading now.

Nice impressions. Does it look higher than 1080p for output resolution on ps5 in performance mode?

Final word on the length for completionists, without having to play the game more than once? Based on what I heard in interviews, it sounded like it was only 35 hours to do everything which seems pretty short for this type of game.

Nice impressions. Does it look higher than 1080p for output resolution on ps5 in performance mode?
It's hard to say as it probably uses TSR to resolve the final image from a lower base resolution. I will say though that the final image that I saw on my screen was slightly better than Remnant 2 in balance mode; so maybe around around 900p (probably lower) internal resolution upscaled to a higher res? It looks pretty clean though.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Lmao, the pvp in this game:

- Extreme rubber banding, both the horst and invader get locked at 30 FPS
- Progression on coop sessions doesn't carry over for the person summoned.
- If you are invaded, the guy can fucking kill the NPCs in your game and brick questlines.
I can see it now, “NPCKiller has just invaded your area”

Final word on the length for completionists, without having to play the game more than once? Based on what I heard in interviews, it sounded like it was only 35 hours to do everything which seems pretty short for this type of game.
I read 25 hours somewhere, which sounds crazy. I believe it was on GameRant.

It's hard to say as it probably uses TSR to resolve the final image from a lower base resolution. I will say though that the final image that I saw on my screen was slightly better than Remnant 2 in balance mode; so maybe around around 900p (probably lower) internal resolution upscaled to a higher res? It looks pretty clean though.

Thanks ...sounds like it will at least appear like a 1440p image at 60 fps.

Draugoth

Gold Member

So is it worth 50 bucks?

Last edited:

Hot5pur

From what it sounds to me, aside from performance issues and some bugs, this is the first game that has likely come close to rivaling FROM's Souls series.
You can tell by how heated thing are and the wild range of review scores. I'm probably going to pick this up and play the whole thing co-op with someone if that's possible (do items and stuff carry over? don't really care about story progression for the other player).

Top Bottom