• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of The Fallen | Review Thread

What scores do you think Lords of The Fallen will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 58 23.8%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 83 34.0%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 48 19.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fabieter

well, i agree with everything he said, its not a hyperbole, the game is just that good, like From games, some ppl ll like it more then others and some ll hate it, just another day in the world.

Well I agree with taste differs but lop on the same page than from software is objectevly wrong. They copied just as much as others souls like while also having less features like no coop, multiplayer. Fashion souls is also alot stronger than lies of fashion. I played like 30 different characters in the early dark souls games because build variety was so big. Well not so much with lies of p.

Lokaum D+

Well I agree with taste differs but lop on the same page than from software is objectevly wrong. They copied just as much as others souls like while also having less features like no coop, multiplayer. Fashion souls is also alot stronger than lies of fashion. I played like 30 different characters in the early dark souls games because build variety was so big. Well not so much with lies of p.
we ll not agree with anything, since you din't liked the game and i loved it, so lets just agree to disagree and call it a day.

Hot5pur

I really hope the sub 6 reviews are for performance. How does someone give a 8 and another give a 4 lol
Reviewers are just fanboys looking for clicks at this point. Will see how the steam reviews shake out, I'm guessing it will land in the "very positive" bucket barring major performance problems.
I don't trust reviewers at this point. I go to steam, look at reviews, especially focusing on playtime. Sometimes people just delude themselves, guy plays for 100 hours "this game sux", ya sure buddy.
Happened with Forespoken on PC. Lots of bad reviews with playing of less than 3 hours and then good reviews with many 10s of hours.
Also people are different with different levels of preferences and expectations. I imagine anyone going into this thinking it was going to be Elden Ring tier would be sorely disappointed. Funnily enough this reboot is doing just about as well as the original (which I somehow enjoyed more than some of the souls games for its much better combat)

GymWolf

You mean visual variety like different armours etc.? Because I think lies of p has great gameplay build variety for a 30 hours soulslike between legion arms, elemental weakness, mixing handles and blades, the fable arts and the p organ upgrades, you really think something like bloodborne or sekiro or hell even demons has more variety?

Yeah agree to disagree here, a lot of builds and way to play in lop.

Last edited:

orimagdos

Banned
What i always knew is finally revealed. The vast majority of new games are getting review bombed by a certain group of fans and outlets because they dont want other games to be on par with their loved exclusive titles.

Hence the criticism of lop

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Sits at 76 on Metacritic PC. How does that suck?
Exactly. People really don't understand the negative, average, and positive ranges, lmao. Or, well, opinions. Some people really love the game, some are in the middle, and some below. I don't think that means it sucks at all. If anything, if you're interested, maybe it's still worth checking out based on your own opinion.

There are some reviews that are just assanine to read
How is copying darksouls a,bad thing ?
That 6/10 review is just fucking dumb
Just release this on gp already

T4keD0wN

Crazy stuttering in the IGN video review (on a 4090+ryzen 7950x3d). Wasnt UE 5.2 supposed to "solve that" for less than competent devs?
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by Bombay Softwares

Last edited:

GymWolf

There are some reviews that are just assanine to read
How is copying darksouls a,bad thing ?
That 6/10 review is just fucking dumb
Just release this on gp already
One of the most hilarious one said that bosses don't have that strong lore behind them so people can't feel all the emotions coming from them or the gravity or whatever the fuck it was like you do in fromsoft games.

Reality: 99% of souls players give 2 fucks and a half about the lore of any of these bosses and only think how cool or hard they are when they fight them the first time.

Vaativydya can literally pay the college for his 4 daughters because most people don't give a fuck about learning the lore of fromsoft games while they play :LOL:

Fromsoft fans can be so out of their minds sometimes.

Last edited:

NT80

Watched the IGN review and one of the low points mentioned were that the bosses were far too easy. That's a big disappointment as bosses are the highlight of From's games for me. Performance and co-op issues can be fixed but I expect the bosses aren't going to really change from their current state.

Fabieter

You mean visual variety like different armours etc.? Because I think lies of p has great gameplay build variety for a 30 hours soulslike between legion arms, elemental weakness, mixing handles and blades, the fable arts and the p organ upgrades, you really think something like bloodborne or sekiro or hell even demons has more variety?

Yeah agree to disagree here, a lot of builds and way to play in lop.

I meant both actually tho. Sekiro isn't comparable. Well I prefer the the variety in souls. Armor is super dumb in lies of p and even the 15 year old demons has more variety. There is an argument for Bloodborne but than again the rest of the game is at least a league above lies of p.

All the variety you mentioned are from souls games but with a little "twist". Except for the handle which I thought was super lame.

Well everyone can like stuff and so I don't care but the lies of no critism crowd is insane.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I meant both actually tho. Sekiro isn't comparable. Well I prefer the the variety in souls. Armor is super dumb in lies of p and even the 15 year old demons has more variety. There is an argument for Bloodborne but than again the rest of the game is at least a league above lies of p.

All the variety you mentioned are from souls games but with a little "twist". Except for the handle which I thought was super lame.

Well everyone can like stuff and so I don't care but the lies of no critism crowd is insane.
Super lame? I think it is genius and an actual novelty in the genre, well i guess we can't really agree on anything about this game, i think the game come pretty close to SOME aspects of bb so just hand wawing with "a leagues on his own" just sound like the usual fromsoft rim jobbing where they can do no wrong and they are 100x better than everyone else.

Sorry not sorry.

Last edited:

Fabieter

Super lame? I think it is genius and an actual novelty in the genre, well i guess we can't really agree on anything about this game, i think the game come pretty close to SOME aspects of bb so just hand wawing with "a leagues on his own" just sound like the usual fromsoft rim jobbing where they can do no wrong and they are 100x better than everyone else.

Sorry not sorry.

That sounds really ironic with the lies of p fambase tho.

Replay Bloodborne and tell me it isn't. People need to stop doing this wirh the latest shit.

Well what is actual critism of lies of hype? I never saw actual critism if its fans. They are handwaving left and right and call it a day.

Well I got trapped in the wrong word of mouth and will just skip the dev going forward.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Replay Bloodborne and tell me it isn't. People need to stop doing this wirh the latest shit.

Well what is actual critism of lies of hype? I never saw actual critism if its fans. They are handwaving left and right and call it a day.

Well I got trapped in the wrong word of mouth and will just skip the dev going forward.
Your loss dude, i play everything because i don't care about this stupid shit.

Last edited:

ungalo

I keep seeing that they made a good game, but the reviewer isn’t seeing anything new added to the formula. A great world, good bosses, but it’s not adding something new.
I just want a good experience, even if we are treading the same type of formula.
Lies of P or even Wo Long got better reviews and they weren't adding anything special. Wo Long was even a pretty cheap experience.

Perhaps the problem is not explicitly said but it's just that it's not really satisfying to play, contrary to Wo Long for example.

So all UE5 recent games release on Console are totally flopped commercially in sales. This is good news for PC as well and developers will be discourage to use US5 and this is the reason why Hellblade 2 launch is delayed.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Studios that reach the limit and are very tight on time, prioritizing the platforms with the largest user base.....

First, it says a lot about why the game was released in such a sorry state of optimization. Second, it is proof of the optimization of the XSX version in some releases vs PS5.

We Will see XS version when parches. If PS5 Is a disaster, how criminal on XS can be the game right now?😅

Darsxx82

Apparently Xbox codes didn't even go out

Regrettable and sad. It is when it is not understood that the launch of a game is not postponed..... I wonder if MS could take some measure for these cases where contracts and proper launch requirements are not met in its plataforma vs others

bender

What time is it?
Fromsoft fans can be so out of their minds sometimes.

I'm happy to be out of my mind sometimes.

I finished Lies of P last week. There are some things that I really appreciate about it, being able to earn back one estus flask pulse cells based on how well you play and the handle/blade system being the standouts. There are some aspects I don't like, namely the P-Organ system and most bosses having a second form/life bar. But in the end, it really doesn't feel like it has an identity of its' own and more often than not, feels like a copy of something else. It's easily one of the better Souls-likes I've played, but I'll probably never go back to it.

Weirdly enough, I've been replaying through the worst Souls games lately by request of my co-op buddy. It isn't without glaring faults, but even still we are having a great time with it which isn't something I can say about Lies of P.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

I assume this is Performance Mode? It looks awful.

Hopefully, they patch it before release and minimize the stutters.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Weirdly enough, I've been replaying through the worst Souls games lately by request of my co-op buddy. It isn't without glaring faults, but even still we are having a great time with it which isn't something I can say about Lies of P.
I think we all want to know what are the "worst Souls games". This will determine whether we keep interacting with you or not.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

GymWolf

I'm happy to be out of my mind sometimes.

I finished Lies of P last week. There are some things that I really appreciate about it, being able to earn back one estus flask pulse cells based on how well you play and the handle/blade system being the standouts. There are some aspects I don't like, namely the P-Organ system and most bosses having a second form/life bar. But in the end, it really doesn't feel like it has an identity of its' own and more often than not, feels like a copy of something else. It's easily one of the better Souls-likes I've played, but I'll probably never go back to it.

And how does that relate with the boss thing i was saying?

Unless you are talking in general, then ok.

Top Bottom