• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Jesus, that looks rough. Not the most flattering shot of the game that I've seen so far, I gotta say.

It's not the best looking area of the game for sure, I just liked that scene, I thought the composition would make a nice photograph. You only see that part for 30 seconds and then never again anyway. The game moves very fast and only spends a few seconds in most environments, so there's a few that aren't that detailed. The characters are often more detailed than the environments:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01pvr6o.jpg

Some Bayonetta 1 for comparison, now that looks quite a bit rougher:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01nlpj8.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01e1pk5.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01azpij.jpg

Screens don't do these games justice though, they look great in motion, the second game in particular has some really spectacular set pieces. It's the price of the high frame rate and the frenetic speed of the game.

Samurai Warriors 4 looks really good! Is it fun? The last Musou I played was Dynasty Warriors 4 lol.

It is a really amazing game, and one of the best Musou games I've played, easily better than the latest games like Warriors Orochi 3, although those games are all great too. Tecmo-Koei have done some stuff to make the gameplay faster paced than previous Samurai Warriors games, and upped the action in it, while keeping the strategy elements that Samurai Warriors is pretty well known for.

GoDLiKe

It is a really amazing game, and one of the best Musou games I've played, easily better than the latest games like Warriors Orochi 3, although those games are all great too. Tecmo-Koei have done some stuff to make the gameplay faster paced than previous Samurai Warriors games, and upped the action in it, while keeping the strategy elements that Samurai Warriors is pretty well known for.
Thanks! I was surprised to get so much fun from that game (at first I thought it was a button smasher and nothing else). I'll try to check this one, although Unity and Dragon Age are just around the corner. Damn!

Effect

Bayonetta 2

zpDaCBj.jpg

pWeKTVt.jpg

QvDOjey.jpg

Have to agree that still shots do not do the game justice. That's the case with a lot if not all Wii U games though. They look great in motion but taking a single frame and a lot is lost.

SO looks awesome artistically, but the IQ is a little disappointing. A nice clean 1080p with decent AA would have complimented those visuals nicely.

VanWinkle

SO has some really nice graphical effects, but the IQ is pretty rough. Game is still so good though and I love the colors.

I switched between inputs on my TV playing Infamous Second Son and Sunset Overdrive about an hour ago, and the difference in visuals, both graphical fidelity and image quality, was HUGE (relatively speaking). I couldn't believe it, because before I did the little comparison I was finding myself impressed by SO's visuals.

Top Bottom