• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Caayn

The queen is back....
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01g4pnu.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01kuqlo.jpg

... and has some new toys.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_012dsbt.jpg

NastyBook

iTz6UhsbYcMrA.jpg

iboqyLgSlixla.jpg

ift0EzioAOg2O.jpg

The Driveclub shots are amazing, ppl. Keep em coming. And all these Shadows of Mordor shots make me want a game with Drizzt Do' Urden so bad...

Damn.

Either photo mode does ridiculously enchance the graphics of the game or the second pic was taken at a bad moment

Photo-mode doesn't do anything to improve the image quality in this game. It's just that DOF is on by default when you go into photo-mode. I turned it off for my shot is all.

Caayn

Were these captures from a high quality lossy video? Image quality's all over the place.
Jup, some are from lossy video. I take shots directly and sometimes from video which helps get the harder camera angles during hectic moments.

For some strange reasons pictures seem to have a higher quality when I take them from the lossy recording than they do when I take them live. Haven't been able to find out why, or how to fix it.

For example here's one taken directly:
knackdcaaynscreenshotgouh7.png

And here's the same shot but this time taken from a high quality lossy video:
knackvcaaynscreenshot3guao.png

Man, Bayo 2 would look fantastic in 1080p and some decent AA.
It certainly would. But I'm really glad that P* focused on 60fps instead of IQ for Bayo.
FH2 - Photo Mode
Hate to be that one again, but read the OP before posting ;)
Nice one.

Timu

Jup, some are from lossy video. I take shots directly and sometimes from video which helps get the harder camera angles during hectic moments.

For some strange reasons pictures seem to have a higher quality when I take them from the lossy recording than they do when I take them live. Haven't been able to find out why, or how to fix it.

For example here's one taken directly:
knackdcaaynscreenshotgouh7.png

And here's the same shot but this time taken from a high quality lossy video:
knackvcaaynscreenshot3guao.png
What kind of capture card do you have?o_O All my shots turn out better direct.

The Elgato is strange then because direct should always be better.=O

From my experience with the predecessor the Elgato Game Capture HD, I believe the signal is always processed for video first, so compression on everything. Not sure if I'm technically correct on that but it seemed that way.

Top Bottom