• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Caayn

The Elgato is strange then because direct should always be better.=O
My thoughts exactly. And on that part the HD60 is a massive dissapointment.
From my experience with the predecessor the Elgato Game Capture HD, I believe the signal is always processed for video first, so compression on everything. Not sure if I'm technically correct on that but it seemed that way.
If that's the case that makes the difference in screenshot quality even weirder.

If that's the case that makes the difference in screenshot quality even weirder.

Not necessarily, it's just inconsistant as frame-quality would depend on motion-strength as that would determine the compression applied to each sequence of frames. Even the slightest movement can alter the sharpness etc. But as I said, just guessing here. Maybe I'm completely wrong about that.

Edit: But it still wouldn't explain your examples completely I think.

Caayn

When I updated my software for my (normal) Elgato, I noticed the screenshots looked worse, so I went back to the older version. No idea what they did to it.
Thanks for the tip. Can you share which version you use? I'm eager to try and see if the same goes for the HD60.
Not necessarily, it's just inconsistant as frame-quality would depend on motion-strength as that would determine the compression applied to each sequence of frames. Even the slightest movement can alter the sharpness etc. But as I said, just guessing here. Maybe I'm completely wrong about that.

Edit: But it still wouldn't explain your examples completely I think.
Thank you for explaining.

RHCeyX.jpg

tdoNxI.jpg

i3eyoj.jpg

Nuke Soda

Obviously the PS4 has some really good realistic graphics. Purely from a style and color standpoint I should say this looks better to me. I have never been good at expressing myself. ;)

Thanks for the comments on the FH2 pics. Here are a few I took in DriveClub. These were uploaded to Facebook and then downloaded to my computer so they are pretty compressed.

nwuHYMQ.jpg

nwuHYMQ.jpg

sTuq8E4.jpg

tkscz

Do we really need this kind of talk in here? Damn man.

5. Critique and be opinionated about games/shots, but don't threadshit. This is not the place for you to moan about how all Wii U screenshots drag the thread quality down, or how ugly all Xbox One titles are. Be fucking nice for once in your life.

Not sure if they count though. Close, but no one really said it about the WiiU, just about Bayo 2.

haikira

Do we really need this kind of talk in here? Damn man.

They're not necessarily wrong, though I think Bayonetta 2 still looks impressive considering it's targeting sixty frame rate, and that's something far more important for an action game like Bayonetta. I'd rather take the quick response time, when possible, with games like this.

Though yeah, I like seeing all kinds of shots in here, and I don't think there's any need for negativity, true or not. It's just a place for cool shots. Keep shots from all kinds of games coming I say, I like the variety.

Protome

Final Fantasy XIV (PS4)

Level 34 now, 50 is in sight!
Oh god it's so far away :(

I feel like these look a bit more heavily compressed than my previous ones. I used the same old Share button to USB method though, bizarre.

iWqUlrrUwsUY.jpg

iUH7gVwWHry8j.jpg

ibuiFxDGfvgTKQ.jpg

Loving all the Bayo2 screenshots! Makes me want to buy a Wii U.

phanphare

Banned
Obviously the PS4 has some really good realistic graphics. Purely from a style and color standpoint I should say this looks better to me. I have never been good at expressing myself. ;)

hey man, it's your opinion. you shouldn't have to contort it around just so it doesn't annoy others.

lmbotiva

you shouldn't have to, Wii U might not the the powerhouse the ps4 is but the games on that system are beautiful like no others, the art direction and fun factor makes them a great joy, im definitely picking up a Wii U on black Friday, my cuz has one and im usually there every weekend playing lol

TheMoon

I feel that this game does not get the praise it deserves.

http:[/QUOTE]

Example: This screen is the first thing I've seen from that game. I was aware of the name but thought it was something completely different. Definitely not getting talked about enough, I guess. Gotta look into this now.

Nuke Soda

A puzzle indeed. That particular screenshot hurts my eyes.

It is what it is and I think it looks good. I am sorry my opinion doesn't conform to some sort of invisible rules everybody knows that I don't. Can we move on now or does anybody else have more funny gifs to use on my post?

Top Bottom