• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

4T0hBX8.jpg

NGcp9jd.jpg

5tvIsvG.jpg

Dawg

20141020041138dooy6.jpg

2014102004102405o79.jpg

20141020040924g5o35.jpg

Question: I like my screenshots but I still feel like there is more compression than the shots other people have posted in this thread. Do you guys use a seperate capture device for those awesome looking shots? I use share button -> message myself -> download the pictures on phone through PS app -> upload to abload. Unless USB is better?

lord pie

I thought screen-space reflections could only reflect things that are in frame. The rest of the arm and body are out of frame so they might be in the scene, just not reflected.

That is precisely what is happening in the shot.

The environmental reflection (cube map) it falls back to is likely static or generated in a generic enough position such that it can be used generally for the entire scene. To render the character into it would mean you'd see the character reflect in other places you wouldn't expect. Such as the roof of the car (also then the ssr reflection and cube map would almost certainly not line up).

Either that or you play as the thing. :p

20141020041138dooy6.jpg

2014102004102405o79.jpg

20141020040924g5o35.jpg

Question: I like my screenshots but I still feel like there is more compression than the shots other people have posted in this thread. Do you guys use a seperate capture device for those awesome looking shots? I use share button -> message myself -> download the pictures on phone through PS app -> upload to abload. Unless USB is better?

If you're not seeing much compression in the shots I very recently posted, then here's what I do:

1. Transfer screenshots from PS4 to USB Thumb drive.
2. Upload it to imgur.
3. Share images here.

Dawg

20141020041056ufoy7.jpg

20141020041009deoo9.jpg

If you're not seeing much compression in the shots I very recently posted, then here's what I do:

1. Transfer screenshots from PS4 to USB Thumb drive.
2. Upload it to imgur.
3. Share images here.

Thanks, your pics look good. Will try USB tomorrow and compare the same shots I uploaded earlier.

I just export them straight to USB from my PS4, then upload them to flickr.

u_neek

My first contribution to this thread.

Like Net_Wrecker, I too cropped the screens for a more artistic look. Like the game doesn't look good enough as it is!

i224Cxc.jpg

fPLyi27.jpg

wpjkxwU.jpg

Top Bottom