• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Animal Crossing: City Folk / Let's Go to the City! Thread of Fun & Innocence

Koomaster

A few pics from today...

RUU_0056.jpg

Nice rapping Vanilla Roald.

RUU_0070.jpg

This is my fish Lobo, back off! I see you eyeing it. ¬__¬

RUU_0071.jpg

Way to make me feel guilty. *hauls pocket full of fish off to Nook's*

Scoop-Li

Since I don't want to share living in anyone else's town, is it possible to have my own town? In the GC version, I could have my own town by using a different memory card. Is it possible to do that somehow in this game?

I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if there's no option to transfer the design maker to the DS, when they bloody well made the option with the GC <-> GBA link cable. It'd be much easier to do on the DS.... :mad:

So after seeing City Folk yesterday, a friend of mine asked to borrow the GCN original. He played a little bit with a character in my original town, so we popped that back in. It made it easier to see how much the visuals are actually improved in City Folk. However, without doing such a quick comparison between the two its easy to see why people can't see City Folk's "low-poly GameCube game" look as such an improvement over the "N64 game rendered in high resolution" look.

Also, he hadn't played in a loooong time.
Cesar said:
Have you gotten taller? No, I guess you wouldn't in just 73 months.

zigg

Scoop-Li said:
Since I don't want to share living in anyone else's town, is it possible to have my own town? In the GC version, I could have my own town by using a different memory card. Is it possible to do that somehow in this game?

Nope. One town per Wii.

I have to say that it has once again sucked me in. Though the game mechanics might not have expanded as much as I would have liked, it's still fresh enough for me to enjoy. Time will tell how long it will hold my attention.

Villagers no longer clap when you catch a fish, that was a small little embellishment that always brought a smile to my face.

Proven

Stereophonic said:
I have to say that it has once again sucked me in. Though the game mechanics might not have expanded as much as I would have liked, it's still fresh enough for me to enjoy. Time will tell how long it will hold my attention.

Villagers no longer clap when you catch a fish, that was a small little embellishment that always brought a smile to my face.

That's not true, Cookie clapped for a fish I caught yesterday. It was just a carp though.

Koomaster

RUU_0083.jpg

Roscoe went on to tell me how he heard that Redd was passing off counterfit paintings out of his shop. I was SHOCKED! Shocked I say! I decided to go to the city and see if I could get to the bottom of this...

RUU_0084.jpg

Uh-oh, looks like we found who has been spreading the rumors.

RUU_0088.jpg

The last painting I bought from him was real; but if there are complaints like this, I better investigate more.

RUU_0085.jpg

Kinda surprised to see he already had new stock in. I bought a painting from him on Monday. I figured he would have the same stock all week for you to decide if you wanted to buy something or not. So I wonder how often he changes? But for my purposes, he had a new painting, so it was time to set up a sting operation!

RUU_0086.jpg

I bought it and of course he gave me his standard guarantee. We'll see Mr. Redd, oh yeah, we'll see...

RUU_0090.jpg

Hmm, well look at that. Blather's said it was the real deal and accepted it as a donation to the museum. I guess you can't believe every rumor you hear. I'll be sure to try to clear up Redd's good name to Roscoe so this harmful rumor doesn't spread. :)

Proven

Koomaster said:
RUU_0083.jpg

Roscoe went on to tell me how he heard that Redd was passing off counterfit paintings out of his shop. I was SHOCKED! Shocked I say! I decided to go to the city and see if I could get to the bottom of this...

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/IHOPNintendo/Animal Crossing/RUU_0084.jpg
Uh-oh, looks like we found who has been spreading the rumors.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/IHOPNintendo/Animal Crossing/RUU_0088.jpg
The last painting I bought from him was real; but if there are complaints like this, I better investigate more.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/IHOPNintendo/Animal Crossing/RUU_0085.jpg
Kinda surprised to see he already had new stock in. I bought a painting from him on Monday. I figured he would have the same stock all week for you to decide if you wanted to buy something or not. So I wonder how often he changes? But for my purposes, he had a new painting, so it was time to set up a sting operation!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/IHOPNintendo/Animal Crossing/RUU_0086.jpg
I bought it and of course he gave me his standard guarantee. We'll see Mr. Redd, oh yeah, we'll see...

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/IHOPNintendo/Animal Crossing/RUU_0090.jpg
Hmm, well look at that. Blather's said it was the real deal and accepted it as a donation to the museum. I guess you can't believe every rumor you hear. I'll be sure to try to clear up Redd's good name to Roscoe so this harmful rumor doesn't spread. :)

Soon we'll have an Animal Crossing detective agency. Even I have a couple stories in the works.

JoshuaJSlone said:
OK, so I finally got Anicro Desapro updated with the new City Folk palettes. They're under the name "kirbutashi's for ACCF", since I used his screen grabs to get the color values.

You made Anicro?! I love that program! I've been using it since it first came out.

I've been using it in City Folk without the update and just sticking to easy patterns and eyeballing changes. Thank you so much for working on it.

Some pictures from today's excitement...

RUU_0014.jpg

Actually caught that last night. Only $110,000 until I get a 2nd floor...

RUU_0015.jpg

Ordered a bunch of stuff from my catalog last night. This is my Grandpa Hat. I think it's as close to an Indiana Jones hat as I'm gonna get. I wanna make an Indiana Jones shirt using the Pro Tools at the Able Sisters...

RUU_0016.jpg

Extreme Cliff Fishing~!

RUU_0017.jpg

Sadly, it was a crummy fish...

RUU_0018.jpg

Peggy and Astrid were discussing diets. Um... Eww...

RUU_0019.jpg

Astrid told Peggy she was gonna get fat and now the poor thing is nearly suicidal... :(

RUU_0021.jpg

Look's like Nook's is gonna have some competition. XD

El Pescado said:
You made Anicro?! I love that program! I've been using it since it first came out.

I've been using it in City Folk without the update and just sticking to easy patterns and eyeballing changes. Thank you so much for working on it.
Yep, that's my biggest claim to fame. :D Slightly updated version. Works the same but the City Folk palettes have been renumbered. Since there wasn't a straight up-down view of the colors as in the old games I chose to number them based on columns, but I didn't realize the game let you switch colors on the fly using the d-pad, and it orders them using rows first, so it makes sense to match that order.

Cool.
I'd give the program a shot if I wasn't bumming it on a Mac.
Guess I'll still to Photoshop. :(

In the meanwhile, getting people together for this thing has been the highlight of my experiences. At least when NWC isn't messing up.

That's me, Superpac, Whimsical Phil, and Wenny.
RUU_0001_10.jpg

Scrubking

Two questions:

1. Do you have to have 'standby mode' on to interact with your friends via WC24

2. Has anyone been using Wii speak a lot? How is it?

Very cool that you can use your mii. Other than that, I do not see the draw. I played the GC one. I played the DS one. This doesn't seem much different besides the fact that they moved all the stores from the DS one outside the town and made a city out of it....

I havent been following this that much can anyone tell me some interesting/cool things about it?

d+pad

Damn, the pictures in this thread have me jonesing for some Animal Crossing. Must... resist... (at least for now.)

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Man I can't stand making designs in this. It's such a pain without buttons. I've given up on 3 designs or so after getting 1/4 done :lol

bryehn

Ysiadmihi said:
Man I can't stand making designs in this. It's such a pain without buttons. I've given up on 3 designs or so after getting 1/4 done :lol

Yeah, wish there was an option to use a DS like you could use a GBA in GCN Animal Crossing.

I also really miss the island.

So, despite my bitterness at Nintendo's lazy attitude with Animal Crossing, I caved and bought it anyways. And I have to say, I'm having as much fun as ever, even if it is just the same ol' same ol'.

I might need to get some friend codes though. I really wanna try the online modes out. Are they any good?

Sloane

Banned
Got it a couple of days ago, love it so far. Lots of new stuff -- not big additions obviously, but I've been playing AC: WW for three years now, so I seem to notice every single new sentence. Didn't use the DS transfer though since I need the game to keep me busy for the next three years. At least. :lol

Koomaster

Proven said:
Soon we'll have an Animal Crossing detective agency. Even I have a couple stories in the works.
Tell me about it, lol...

RUU_0102.jpg

Roscoe lost the key to his house today. Thought it was just one of those silly/weird convos that you have with the villagers sometimes that don't really go anywhere.

RUU_0103.jpg

He was probably using the key as bait. ¬__¬

RUU_0106.jpg

He kept going on and on about this key everytime I talked to him, so I figured something must be up. I had turned on the game to go fishing anyway, so might as well check it out.

RUU_0108.jpg

Not a key, but creepy.

RUU_0112.jpg

Not a key, but punny.

RUU_0104.jpg

It's a key, psych-y.

RUU_0111.jpg

Not a key, but shiny.

RUU_0105.jpg

Not a key, but... a key!! It actually is a key, fished right out of the river. Better go return it.

RUU_0107.jpg

He started telling me his plans to trade houses with Ruby so he wouldn't be homeless ( :lol ) but I presented him with his lost key instead. He was so grateful he gave me a gyroid as a present, then rushed to try out the key and go inside his house. Another mystery solved! :D

I've got animals that say "you betcha" and "my friends", but old humor works too.
4928e6b5d3e04.jpg

Finally getting out of Roberton and into Beerland tonight, I was impressed by captivity.
4928e72ca6a11.jpg

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I can't get over how much the deep voiced animals sound like they're from Okami. They didn't sound like that in Wild World, at least I don't think.

farnham

Banned
kirbutashi said:
Cool.
I'd give the program a shot if I wasn't bumming it on a Mac.
Guess I'll still to Photoshop. :(

In the meanwhile, getting people together for this thing has been the highlight of my experiences. At least when NWC isn't messing up.

That's me, Superpac, Whimsical Phil, and Wenny.
RUU_0001_10.jpg
Playa One Podcast..?

Banned
Iwata:
Another addition this time around is the ability to use Wii Speak to speak to your friends when you visit them. What does it feel like when you do this in Animal Crossing?

Kobayashi:
Rather than chatting constantly while playing, it's great fun when you're listening to the different sounds in each room to sometimes hear a voice saying "Oh!" or something like that.

riveting...

Nogami:
That's right. It looks like all kinds of things will be possible. For instance, we could team up with a beverage manufacturer and then have vending machines that look just like the real thing used in the game as furniture. I'd love to see real objects being integrated into the game as furniture.

hmmm... yeah, that wouldn't be for the excitement of growing money mountain, would it?

Koomaster

RUU_0209.jpg

It's news time children! That kid from Shack 101 is at it again. He's been seen snooping in people's houses. Can you believe that shit? Unconfirmed reports say once he goes in, he comes out with his pockets full of furniture. Is he simply trading for all these items, or is something more sinister happening? A little case of shotgun diplomacy. Ask yourselves this; what is this kid doing with all that junk anyway? My sources tell me he's been seen over at Nook's Tower; I think you can put the pieces together. You're listening to Animal News Radio, and I'm Three Dog, telling you the news... no matter how bad it hurts!

...oh wait, wrong game. ¬___¬

Top Bottom