• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Animal Crossing: City Folk / Let's Go to the City! Thread of Fun & Innocence

Akai

I found the timing of this shot rather amusing...

accf2.jpg

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Koomaster you're doing such an amazing job... my only experience with AA was the GC one I imported at US launch only to sell it 3 day later... didn't really click with me, couldn't see where and if a proper "game" was buried in there.

Seeing your "tales" makes me jonesing for this game again, it's like I'm finally gettin' there's a way to play this kind of game and get the most fun out of it.

Really cool, I'll probably bite in the future.
Maybe I should pick up WW though?
Because I can't see myself turning on my home console that often, it's the same reason I only play jRPGs on portables: I really can' invest the much time in those... time sink games :)

Ysiadmihi said:
Man I can't stand making designs in this. It's such a pain without buttons. I've given up on 3 designs or so after getting 1/4 done :lol
I was frustrated with it until I discovered the zoom, which can be done quickly with the C and Z buttons. It's still not quite as precise as an analog stick or stylus, but it feels almost as good.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Teknoman said:
Btw not sure if its been answered already, but does the Wiispeak mic work well?

A lot of people like it and think it's more than adequate, a few really hate it and think it's crappy.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I'm sure it has , but what are the customization options when using your Mii as an avatar? I heard that you can't wear hats or something. Can you customize your clothes?

Teknoman

Andrex said:
A lot of people like it and think it's more than adequate, a few really hate it and think it's crappy.

Well the only thing im really worried about is how loud or how close you have to be for it to pick up your voice. Especially if its supposed to sit on top of your sensor bar.

Koomaster

Dash Kappei said:
Koomaster you're doing such an amazing job... my only experience with AA was the GC one I imported at US launch only to sell it 3 day later... didn't really click with me, couldn't see where and if a proper "game" was buried in there.

Seeing your "tales" makes me jonesing for this game again, it's like I'm finally gettin' there's a way to play this kind of game and get the most fun out of it.

Really cool, I'll probably bite in the future.
Maybe I should pick up WW though?
Because I can't see myself turning on my home console that often, it's the same reason I only play jRPGs on portables: I really can' invest the much time in those... time sink games :)
Thanks for the compliment! :)

And yeah, WW is a very good game to sort of pick up and play anytime/anywhere. Heck, you could even play it while watching tv if that's your thing. AC isn't something you need to devote a ton of time to every single day; so it's good to have it on a portable to turn on for a quick burst some days when you are busy.

The big thing it is missing is the 'real' holidays, like the Harvest Festival (Thanksgiving) and Toy Day (Christmas), etc. if you care about that. It has different events, but they can be sometimes lame like Yay-day where you go around giving out compliments to neighbors, or La-di-day where your neighbors keep requesting you to change the town's tune. Still it's ultimately fun and provides a similar experience that City Folk is doing now. Hope that helps your decision! :)

Now, for the K.K. Slider Fans in the audience; the Official K.K. Slider Fanclub presents...

K.K. Slider's Winter Tour '08 T-shirts!

RUU_0233.jpg

The Front, with a picture of the dog himself!

RUU_0235.jpg

The back, with tour location and date info!

RUU_0234.jpg

Able Sister's has partnered with us to bring these exclusive t-shirts to you in their stores when K.K. Slider performs in your town. Quantities are Limited, so pick yours up early! Help support K.K. so his music can remain free! :D

I really fucking hate the design programme in this game. So bleeding unaccurate. There's no option for D-Pad/Analogue control as far as I can see, plus there's no way to export the programme to your DS, like you could export to the GBA on the GC version.

URRRGH.

This thread is totally selling me on the game. Reminds me of all the fun I had with the original Animal Crossing (Wild World not so much).

Koomaster

Dragona Akehi said:
I really fucking hate the design programme in this game. So bleeding unaccurate. There's no option for D-Pad/Analogue control as far as I can see, plus there's no way to export the programme to your DS, like you could export to the GBA on the GC version.

URRRGH.
Yeah, that is really unfortunate. Zooming in helps, but I still like to see the whole picture as I'm designing. I don't have hands of a surgeon, so I have to really steady myself and make liberal use of the 'undo' button when I screw up. ~____~;;

At least they are letting you store 64 designs with the Able Sisters + 8 display designs + town flag + 8 designs on you. For WW, my other 3 characters I basically created because I needed more storage space for designs. :p

A couple of more pictures

My fiancee and I enjoying K.K. together...

RUU_0031.jpg

And here's a picture of me with the Mario Items I've been getting from the balloons that float overhead...

RUU_0032.jpg

And here's me finally catching that damned Neon Tetra I've been trying so hard to get...

RUU_0033.jpg

It's kinda hard to see, but I'm sporting a Dr. Horrible Lab Coat Pro Design that my friend whipped up and snuck into my store when I wasn't looking. I need some goggles to go with it. XD

Koomaster said:
Yeah, that is really unfortunate. Zooming in helps, but I still like to see the whole picture as I'm designing. I don't have hands of a surgeon, so I have to really steady myself and make liberal use of the 'undo' button when I screw up. ~____~;;

Yeah, I know what you mean. The Wii remote is left too sensitive to do designs, and I have no problems with the Wii Trauma Centre games, so I don't think it has to do with surgeon hands. :p

But I miss the GBA style export thing. I'd spend HOURS on it doing designs while someone else was playing on the tele.

At least they are letting you store 64 designs with the Able Sisters + 8 display designs + town flag + 8 designs on you. For WW, my other 3 characters I basically created because I needed more storage space for designs. :p

I should hope, considering the Wii... :p

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I already asked in the online thread, but does anyone plan on opening their gates soon? I have a ton of stuff to sell and Nook is closed for the day.

Along with the lack of d-pad pattern-making and sending it to a portable, I don't get why they messed with the palettes so much; it's not like the old ones were broken or the new ones are better. Now there's not even a very good grayscale one, which was pretty decent for transferring arbitrary pictures that didn't work well with the other colors.

Koomaster

Boomer is the creepiest villager I have ever seen!

RUU_0113.jpg

Wow, dude. Not appropriate!

RUU_0137.jpg

Him sniffing me. x___X

RUU_0205.jpg

Yah, I think peeping in people's windows is against the law Boomer!

RUU_0162.jpg

Him flirting with me to get a discount on a Lovely Chair during the Flea Market yesterday.

RUU_0230.jpg

I'm not getting inside your 'magical' sleeping bag!

I swear, every day he is saying something creepy. I'm concerned...

kizmah

Koomaster, you are raising my hype for this game up to dangerous levels. 10 days to go before it takes over my life.

RUU_0001.jpg

haha. So I've been watching too much Critic this week. What harm could come of it?

...Then I went to go see Katrina for this week's fortune...

RUU_0002.jpg

Damnit.

RUU_0003.jpg

Damnit.

RUU_0004.jpg

Damnit.

RUU_0011.jpg

Maybe its the hat?

RUU_0005.jpg

Gotta be the hat...

RUU_0006.jpg

Maybe not...

RUU_0008.jpg

Damnit...

RUU_0009.jpg

Its like I'm playing Brawl.

RUU_0007.jpg

I'm sorry for everything.

RUU_0010.jpg

Not even a stupid Mii Mask can hide the shame.

RUU_0012.jpg

I hate you, Katrina. I hate you.

Koomaster

d+pad said:
Oh, Koomaster, I think I'm going to have to make a shirt just like yours :)
Oh yah, it was real simple to make, just a small triangle on the front and the rainbow patches on the sleeves. I also added a 2pixel tall pink line on the bottom/top of the front and back of the shirt, and on just the bottom of the sleeves to add a colorful hem. Each stripe on the rainbow patches was also 2pixels tall. :)

kirbutashi said:
Bad luck critic guy pics!
Haha, man, those falling down pics are hilarious! Well done! Also love the critic reference, I might have to snag that for myself the next time a villager asks me for a greeting! :D

I really hope this doesn't last all week.
I had some people over and I was catching mostly garbage. All the fruit trees I planted today will probably end up dying, too. :(

RaidenZR

My villager Curt says the best stuff now:
4l6k29.jpg

Spork regaled a crowd on the true origins of Thanksgiving:
2mfyuts.jpg

And Spork again, letting me know what I need to do:
13ynhus.jpg

Ysiadmihi

Banned
So to confirm I'm not going crazy, can fruit appear on your trees throughout the day instead of just at 6AM? I could swear I'm seeing peaches and oranges pop up after I've sold them all...

d+pad

Just coming in here to say that I've surprised myself by becoming severely addicted to this game since it arrived in the mail yesterday. I was fairly addicted to the GC version when it came out, but barely played the DS version for some reason. I was skeptical as to how much I would like the Wii version, since it seemed like it would simply be the GC version with better graphics. That's true in a sense, but I'm still enjoying myself. My only problem is that I don't want to talk to anyone or do any chores - I just go on, fish for a while, catch some insects, make some clothes, etc. I guess I know what I'll be doing over the upcoming weekend :lol

Koomaster

More Boomer Creepiness...

RUU_0262.jpg

He initiated a game of Hide & Seek today, which was actually a pretty cool activity.

RUU_0264.jpg

But as soon as the game started, he apparently ran off to snoop around my house!! x___X

RUU_0265.jpg

Yeah, and I just may get you a restraining order too! I can't believe he was using an innocent game like Hide & Seek as a ploy to snoop around my house when he knew I wouldn't be inside. Shameful!

Today's custom design is inspired by a t-shirt I own...
RUU_0304.jpg

Front

RUU_0305.jpg

Back

Also, I have officially taken my 300th photo tonight.
I just MAY have an addiction to that feature. ^___^

I love animal crossing and I got the gamecube and DS one. All I've gotta say is this version looks like fucking balls lolol...

Also props to the pink floyd shirt.

I don't suppose anyone here has a PAL console and has imported the US version? I have this and was thinking of importing Wii Speak for my folks so they have the mic to go with the PAL version (of which I have an early copy). Just wondering whether the download code will work with PAL Wiis, or whether the Wii Speak channel is region-locked.

If anyone knows, can they confirm either way? Thanks.

Minsc

Gold Member
Any idea if that Gracie Grace shop ever changes inventory? I was hoping it would be weekly or something, but now its been 9 days and not a thing has been changed. I hope it doesn't remain static the whole game, would be pretty dull.

apujanata

Minsc said:
Any idea if that Gracie Grace shop ever changes inventory? I was hoping it would be weekly or something, but now its been 9 days and not a thing has been changed. I hope it doesn't remain static the whole game, would be pretty dull.

In Iwata ask thread, it was explained that Gracie Shop will change inventory every 3 months (every season).

kirbutashi said:
RUU_0001.jpg

haha. So I've been watching too much Critic this week. What harm could come of it?

for so long, i thought i was the only one who saw that critic episode

you guys should be posting in the online matchup thread

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Super_Chicken said:
I love animal crossing and I got the gamecube and DS one. All I've gotta say is this version looks like fucking balls lolol...

I wish more mods came to this thread... sigh....

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I feel ripped off. :(

The Amazon BF sale for this game + Wii Speak bundle is $40.

YES. AC:City Folk + WiiSpeak bundle for $40!!!

Koomaster

That's a great deal, unfortunately I don't think I could have waited 2+ weeks to start playing the game. In fact, I'm going out of town tomorrow and seriously considering taking the Wii and game with me. :lol

Also, what is it about fishing off the top of the waterfall that is so appealing? I do the same thing Stereophonic! ^____^

That's a nice feature of the wii, it packs up nice , not taking up much space. I bring mine along when I'm on the road. You should definately take it along Koomaster.

Was just visiting my brothers town and noticed that the ground mosaic that makes up his town is made of circles, while mine is made up of squares.

Koomaster

Stereophonic said:
Was just visiting my brothers town and noticed that the ground mosaic that makes up his town is made of circles, while mine is made up of squares.
Yeah, it was like that in WW too, can't remember if the GC version did the same though. My town is currently triangles. But if it's like WW, the snow will be a different pattern. I remember my snow in WW was stars which I thought was awesome. ^_____^

My latest design is retro...

RUU_0329.jpg

Front: Pac-man. His back looks a little stunted in the design screen because the shirt deforms your design, so it will stretch it out. It looks non-circular there and in the preview, but when you are actually wearing it, he's a perfect circle. Designing him as an actual circle on the grid, he comes out looking like a lemon when you wear the shirt. I try to get things to look good when worn which may not look accurate on the grid.

RUU_0330.jpg

Back: His prey. And again, same thing, his mouth doesn't look right in the grid, but when worn, it is stretched so that it's that perfect ^^^^ design.

RUU_0331.jpg

Sleeve: Cherries! Because I thought the sleeve looked a little bare.

RUU_0328.jpg

Sleeve2: The other sleeve was just continuing the line of power pellets. But I think I will go back and make them larger since the sleeve like the rest of the shirt gets deformed, so when worn, the power pellets on the sleeve look smaller than the ones on the front and back.

Anyway, if you want to try to recreate this shirt, I used color pallet 4/16, it had the pac-man yellow, the slight yellow power pellets, three different shades of blue; two for the ghost, and one for the maze border on the top/bottom of the shirt, and a redish color and tan color for the cherries.

I have to say, the more I play around with the design tools, the more accustomed I'm becoming to controlling things with the Wiimote. It's not ideal, and I would love to have it transferrable to the DS - however, I'm adapting, so it's at least workable. :)

Hope everyone enjoys the Harvest Festival tomorrow; and Thanksgiving as well! ^___^ /

Hey, with KK/Totakeke's songs, were they different in the GC and DS versions? If so, which ones are in the Wii version? I'm hoping its the ones where he speaks in the songs.

Top Bottom