• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition has gone gold

It was Russian sites uTube channel, as far I could tell anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if that hour of unedited, raw, footage kinda broke embargo.

I wonder if character creation video they posted also got pulled, it showed in-game scenes between selections and almost spoiled post-creation scene.

This is the down side to a game's release being pushed back: the PR controlled release of information. I already purchased my digital PSN copy, now let me have and enjoy it already.

These next two weeks are going be a long, tough, wait.

Zyae

Had one reviewer tell me it's definitely a "GOTY candidate".

Believe.

7drHiqrh.jpg

Am I a hero with amnesia? Do I make 3 pronged choices that boil down to good, neutral, evil? Am I collecting party members along the way and have dialogue with said party members?

#BiowareRPG

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I sadly never really beat the first two games, which is why I kinda was hoping EA would remaster the BioWare franchises (Dragon Age and Mass Effect) but that's definitely not a guarantee -- does anyone think that it's going to be hard to get into Dragon Age: Inquisition without beating the first two games? I assume the default world or the Keep should hopefully explain prior events well, and I can just choose to think of that as background lore.

adj_noun

I assume the default world or the Keep should hopefully explain prior events well, and I can just choose to think of that as background lore.

The Keep has a video with Varric narrating that takes you over the major plot points (you can change the choices there if you want). The game itself should be relatively easy to get into; they know lots of new folks are showing up.

Stiler

I sadly never really beat the first two games, which is why I kinda was hoping EA would remaster the BioWare franchises (Dragon Age and Mass Effect) but that's definitely not a guarantee -- does anyone think that it's going to be hard to get into Dragon Age: Inquisition without beating the first two games? I assume the default world or the Keep should hopefully explain prior events well, and I can just choose to think of that as background lore.

You can go through the keep and make the choices you want (The default ones imo are pretty bad, having you miss lots of followers/not helping people and other things you would definitely NOT do if you play as a "good" guy and find everything).

After you have went through and picked the choices you can then watch a video that has Varric narrating the story of both games and then you will have the general idea of the setup and major events from the past games.

Apart from that you could always watch the "Story/cutscenes" on youtube (I did that recently to get caught up on DA: II since I never finished it).

Making all the choices in the keep might take a while but imo it's worth it if you want DA:I to be setup how you "would" have played the other games, it's not that hard and at most you might just have to occasionally "google" a character to determine what "choice" you would make when it asks.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
The Keep has a video with Varric narrating that takes you over the major plot points (you can change the choices there if you want). The game itself should be relatively easy to get into; they know lots of new folks are showing up.

That's what I was thinking/hoping. It should be far easier to get into this game than other major RPS sequels; I assume getting rid of the numbering was to also reinforce that. I regret not beating the Dragon Age games (the Mass Effect games were some of my favorite last gen games) but Inquisition looks like a good game to rectify that.

You can go through the keep and make the choices you want (The default ones imo are pretty bad, having you miss lots of followers/not helping people and other things you would definitely NOT do if you play as a "good" guy and find everything).

After you have went through and picked the choices you can then watch a video that has Varric narrating the story of both games and then you will have the general idea of the setup and major events from the past games.

Apart from that you could always watch the "Story/cutscenes" on youtube (I did that recently to get caught up on DA: II since I never finished it).

Making all the choices in the keep might take a while but imo it's worth it if you want DA:I to be setup how you "would" have played the other games, it's not that hard and at most you might just have to occasionally "google" a character to determine what "choice" you would make when it asks.

Thanks for making that point about the default world -- I'm definitely going to customize it. I hope BioWare didn't go with a "canon" like they kinda did with Mass Effect.

Can we get rid of the stupid quest objectives seemingly always on the upper right of the screen? Just seems like that's always pasted there in just about every bit of footage I've seen.

I spent a lot of time in the Dragon Age Keep getting all my decisions right. Had to load up Origins, Awakening, and Dragon Age 2 to look through the journal and character entries to refresh my memory on some of the choices I made. Even had to check out the Dragon Age Wiki and look at some YouTube vids. I think it's safe to say that I'm ready for Inquisition to drop lol

Hope they didn't take too much influence from Skyrim. Even with mods, that game just bored the fuck out of me with its simplistic quests and boring, shitty characters.

Elitro

So this is the OT I guess.

New NeoGAF rules 4 ... the win?

Heh, it kinda looks like an unorganized OT i guess.

People are really hyped about this game, even more so since review copies are going out ALOT sooner than normal, which does not help!

Honestly i miss early OT's, my guess is "xxx has gone gold" threads may turn out to be stealth OT's, or perhaps a new trend of "xxx hype thread" ?

Either way i'm eating up this thread and the preview's one as well...

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So this is the OT I guess.

New NeoGAF rules 4 ... the win?

Game doesn't come out until the 18 (or maybe 13 with early access)

Not quite sure on the latter, but new rules say OTs go up the day the game is released to prevent some of the crazy pre-launch hype trains and related crazy post count in an OT before the game even comes out.

Ploid 3.0

I should be playing games I recently bought to finish them, but here I am high on DA:I footage and playing Dragon Age Origins again.

Realyn

Game doesn't come out until the 18 (or maybe 13 with early access)

Not quite sure on the latter, but new rules say OTs go up the day the game is released to prevent some of the crazy pre-launch hype trains and related crazy post count in an OT before the game even comes out.

I know, just saying those rules aren't working out as seen with Bayo, CoD and soon DA.

Speaking of DAI footage, those
Templar Defenders with huge tower shields
seem to be no joke early on. Best bring your best tactics, ya'll.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Aw fuck.

"forget GOTY candidate: this is a lock for GOTY. It just gets better and better"

I see your quotes (and Schrier's from the other preview thread) and am half-tempted to just buy DA2 on Origins to try and make up for the mess that was the 360 playthrough.

But then I see 20 dollars, and two tests next week.

I know, just saying those rules aren't working out as seen with Bayo, CoD and soon DA.

Ah, gotcha.

Best bring your best tactics, ya'll.

I did note on several of the previews that the reviewers appear to be playing on hard, judging from the 10% of health gained from healing after the fight or getting picked up mid-fight. The normal playthroughs, in comparison, have had the party taking decently less amounts of damage.

Yeul

Shinobi passing on these quotes has got me feeling some type of way @ _ @

tumblr_inline_nei164gshR1qlqwj8.jpg

Thank you though, Shinobi I appreciate it! lol

Ralemont

not me
Can we get rid of the stupid quest objectives seemingly always on the upper right of the screen? Just seems like that's always pasted there in just about every bit of footage I've seen.

Yeah Barrett said you can toggle individual elements of the HUD. I asked him in a PC thread but I'm assuming it's for all platforms. Specifically I asked if I can make the health/abilities HUD show only during battle and hide the objective window all the time, and he said yes.

Squire

Banned
I played the PS4 version for 5 hours at EA.

One of the best things I played this year so far, tbh. Haven't seen much of the story yet though, so that's hard to judge atm.

They've also confirmed the max amount of potions you can carry throughout the game is 8.

#PotionGate

Top Bottom