• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: The Official PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Launch Trailer http://www

DrkSage

tumblr_leot0ybAtm1qdlkgg.gif

2692893_o.gif

My body is ready

Shredderi

Oh damn! To be honest I'm a LOT more excited for this game than I was last year when I had pretty much resigned to not buying anymore games for ps3. I ended up loaning both tlou and gtaV from a friend with the intention of buying them for next-gen and pc if they'd come. Most excellent.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Too many games I tell you. GTA V, Dragon Age, Unity, Rogue and Far Cry 4 alone in November. I still have CoD, Mordor, Alien and Evil Within to finish but I doubt that will happen. I'm broke I tell you, broke!

Dabanton

R* is cutting it a bit fine with this pre load. Surely the game must have gone gold by now?

I just want to know it's installed on my system so I can stare at the icon.

AmyS

A silly question for Tech-GAF: More polygons per frame in the models & environments than last-gen versions ?

A silly question for Tech-GAF: More polygons per frame in the models & environments than last-gen versions ?
not sure about that.. most of the actual asset models seem the same... they just have new textures, now animate differently (hair moving when you fall, trees swaying in the wind), use parallax mapping to appear as if they have more polygons, new lightning etc... and technically there will be more per frame because every frame has more new trees, more cars drawn, etc. and there are a few polygons like the new car interiors... phones look new with more polygons... guns look the same though just much higher res and more detailed textures. but for the most part I don't see a huge change in the raw asset models. i'm the very very bottom end of tech-gaf tho lol

The Argus

R* is cutting it a bit fine with this pre load. Surely the game must have gone gold by now?

I just want to know it's installed on my system so I can stare at the icon.

I was worried this trailer would show a new December date as we still haven't heard if it's gone gold yet. Either it has and they're trying to avoid the leaks they had last time, or they're gonna spend a pretty penny for expedited pressing. My PS4 has 2004 download speeds so I'm worried about the 16th preload day.

AmyS

not sure about that.. most of the actual asset models seem the same... they just have new textures, now animate differently (hair moving when you fall, trees swaying in the wind), use parallax mapping to appear as if they have more polygons, new lightning etc... and technically there will be more per frame because every frame has more new trees, more cars drawn, etc. and there are a few polygons like the new car interiors... phones look new with more polygons... guns look the same though just much higher res and more detailed textures. but for the most part I don't see a huge change in the raw asset models. i'm the very very bottom end of tech-gaf tho lol

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking too. Still, if PS4 can maintain 30fps during the vast majority of gameplay, it's golden.

As far as trailers themselves go, I think this launch trailer was actually one of R*'s worst.

I thought "A Picket Fence and a Dog Named Skip" was not only a better trailer, but actually showed off how impressive the PS4 version is, much more than the launch trailer.

please let there be no downgrades from that one or the E3 2014 trailer!

Game looks great, but I agree. Definitely not one of Rockstar's best trailers. They haven't put out a trailer for GTA V yet that touches the GTA IV stuff. That final GTA IV trailer? Beautiful.

Maybe the FIRST GTA V trailer (X360/PS3) was the best of this set.

UrbanRats

I think the GTAV reveal trailer is their best trailer yet.
So amazing.

Other great entries for me were:

Gay Tony's; Move up ladies; and, of course.. San Andreas' Welcome to the Jungle.

Those were fantastic trailers! There was a time when I wanted to cut trailers professionally, and Rockstar and Konami (Kojima) were the only companies that I wanted to work for. Their aesthetic and sensibilities line up with what i love . I remember the first Rockstar trailer that I completely fell in love with was Trailer #3.

UrbanRats

Well hey, if we go beyond just GTA, my favorite Rockstar trailer, is definitely RDR's debut:
http://youtu.be/jDJj4Pmj8fE

i tend to like their debut trailers more, because they usually revolve around the setting, which i think is their stronger suit.
That monologue is so good in the trailler.. when i heard most of those lines in the game itself, i was actually disappointed, lol.

Reminds me how silly and dumb the story and characters are. Oh well! If I get a PS4, I will certainly pick up and enjoy all the additional content, and the ability to explore Los Santos in the best way possible.

Does anyone know if Best Buy does console bundle Black Friday deals online? Very tempted to use by bb card and charge it for GTA V if there's a bundle available. Not willing to go in store on the madness that is BF though.

Wall of shots from the Gamersyde trailer. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Blows my mind how excited I am to play this even though I've played the original 3 or 4 times already.
Credit to GtaV Is Coming To PC for the pics and BlackScout for the animated GIF at GTAF as usual:
http://gtaforums.com/topic/714737-gtav-graphics-old-gen-vs-new-gen/page-20
acf1d9f8f1.gif

The new foliage adds so much to the desert.

....Wish those Vapid Bobcats spawned more often. That's probably the thing I'm most curious about: the new spawn variety.

Joeki11a

Banned
This looks better than the reveal trailer of the last gen version, which many claimed it was fake even though you clearly see PS buttons on screen.

woen

XavandSo

Neo Member
"Yay, grass and weather effects! Worth another full-price game!"

Looks nice and all, but to be honest it doesn't look mindblowing in comparison to the PlayStation 3 version. Let alone spending another $100 (Australian) on a game I own.

I'll stick to the PS3 version. Heists soon. Hype.

Dabanton

Looks nice and all, but to be honest it doesn't look mindblowing in comparison to the PlayStation 3 version. Let alone spending another $100 (Australian) on a game I own.

This looks like a mega step up. I'm going to happily pay full price R* have gone above and beyond what people expect from a 'remaster'

The old console versions won't ever have the FPS mode for instance. That completely changes the game for me.

doofy102

Well, if you change your mind, JB has it for $70.

Joeki11a

Banned

It has dlc and fps view, oh how about 30 players online?

Now if R wanted to be nice, they would offer
A free update to those that got it digital.

Because those are the only differences.

In a game that's easy to put 500+ hours into between SP and MP, and gets free DLC almost every month.

Probably still a better value than the vast majority of new games.

XavandSo

Neo Member
This looks like a mega step up. I'm going to happily pay full price R* have gone above and beyond what people expect from a 'remaster'

The old console versions won't ever have the FPS mode for instance. That completely changes the game for me.
I know it's a step-up, it's clear as day, but gameplay-wise it's not really offering anything new. And even with this remaster, the PS360 version is still eye pleasing. It's still GTA without FPS mode.
Duly noted.
It has dlc and fps view, oh how about 30 players online?

Now if R wanted to be nice, they would offer
A free update to those that got it digital.
It's a clusterfuck even with 16 players. I can live without even more players and some small DLC.

I pre-ordered mine from Dick Smith for $60.

Correction: actually it was slightly better than that, it was $59 (their regular price is $69 but they take $10 off if you pre-order). It's in their current catalog so probably ends tomorrow.

doofy102

I pre-ordered mine from Dick Smith for $60.

Correction: actually it was slightly better than that, it was $59 (their regular price is $69 but they take $10 off if you pre-order). It's in their current catalog so probably ends tomorrow.

I wasn't aware that taking 10 bucks off was a thing. Is it just Dick Smith that does this? That's awesome, thank you.

AmyS

That's entirely your prerogative to stick with the PS3 version.

Xbox 360 and PS3 versions both had terrible framerates, dipping as low as 16fps and 18fps respectively, going by Digital Foundry's framerate test, and never really maintained 30fps without dipping into the 20s all the time.

PS4 version is reportedly a much more consistent 30fps (no word on how consistent on Xbox One tho) with 2.25 times the resolution (native 1080p) on both consoles, in addition to at least twice the draw distance, 3 times the light sources, massively upgraded textures, not to mention the new foliage and weather. 30 players online plus 2 spectators.

Top Bottom