• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer is coming in December

200w.webp

Bkdk

Release date likely in late 2024 then, great timing for them, so far doesn't look like many big releases in second half of 2024, gta6 will have all the spotlight for that timing.

Release date likely in late 2024 then, great timing for them, so far doesn't look like many big releases in second half of 2024, gta6 will have all the spotlight for that timing.
GTA 5 was revealed in 2012 and released in 2013. So I believe it will be same case here.

Sybrix

Thank god, if not for an end of the endless rumour threads.

Can't wait, i can still remember coming out of the Tin TIn movie to watch the GTA V trailer on my iphone 4 XD

Last edited:
No game is stealing the spotlight from this one lol
Yeah, publishers will even change release dates for their games to avoid being close to GTA 6 lol.
Even COD switched their usual early November release to early October to avoid Red Dead Redemption 2 in 2018.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Dont count those chickens yet. R* is notorious for multiple delays.

Basically if they drop a date or year, add at least a year and a half to it.

Man, i just hope the PC version comes out the same date as the console versions, but probably not :messenger_loudly_crying:
Rockstar never releases their games on PC at day one, you should know that.

GTA 5 came out on September 2013, while the PC version came out in April 2015.
GTA 4 came out on April 2008, while the PC version came out on December 2008.

amigastar

Rockstar never releases their games on PC at day one, you should know that.

GTA 5 came out on September 2013, while the PC version came out in April 2015.
GTA 4 came out on April 2008, while the PC version came out on December 2008.
Yes, i know. Let's just hope it won't take them 1 1/5 years for the PC version but rather 6 months, like GTA 4.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I noticed they don’t call it GTA6, just the new GTA. Do you guys think there’s any chance there’s no 6 in the title?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I noticed they don’t call it GTA6, just the new GTA. Do you guys think there’s any chance there’s no 6 in the title?
I noticed that too. To me they’d be crazy not to just call it Grand Theft Auto 6 after everyone’s been calling it that for a decade.

But it could be something like Grand Theft Auto: _____ City

Or GTA VI: ____ City

Last edited:

GudOlRub

Neo Member
I'm so pumped to see the game and yet so scared at the same time, all those rumours about the game's scope being changed because of gta online, Lazlow leaving, Dan Houser leaving and creating his own studio, all the recent shitty ports that although not being developed in-house by Rockstar, were published and allowed to be released in those miserable states by them...

I'm afraid that the Rockstar we knew may be gone, I truly hope they focused really hard on the singleplayer component for this game and not on the online only and once again put every other open-world videogame maker out there to shame.

Its crazy to think that GTA 5 was made for PS3/XBOX 360 in mind,which was 2005 hardware.. 512mb ram, 0.2TF GPU, 3 core cpu, slow hdd
The PS2 wasn't build on HDD, had 36MBs of RAM, 294.912 MHz CPU

Whorever while the PS3 and Xbox 360 were 7/8 years old in 2013, they explained why the release GTA 5 on those consoles in 2012:

Stafford

Dont count those chickens yet. R* is notorious for multiple delays.

Basically if they drop a date or year, add at least a year and a half to it.

Sadly, yeah. But I guess things could be different this time around. But it's best not to get your hopes up.

I'm so pumped to see the game and yet so scared at the same time, all those rumours about the game's scope being changed because of gta online, Lazlow leaving, Dan Houser leaving and creating his own studio, all the recent shitty ports that although not being developed in-house by Rockstar, were published and allowed to be released in those miserable states by them...

I'm afraid that the Rockstar we knew may be gone, I truly hope they focused really hard on the singleplayer component for this game and not on the online only and once again put every other open-world videogame maker out there to shame.

Let's hope it's all bullshit. We also had rumors that they went back to the drawing board, but did they really? And it was Jason I believe that claimed it would get content added into the city, or even cities added. He meant story mode with that too iirc. Not only Online.

There were also rumors that it would have an always evolving game world like Fortnite. Odd to say Fortnite, but ok. I mean RDR2 had elements that can be considered always evolving already. So I found that comparison weird.

FeralEcho

IF it has the same model as GTAV and RDR 2 then this becomes one of my most anticipated games this gen .If it follows the GTA online model of monetization for everything then they can fuck off. Still, can't wait for the trailer,10 years since GTA V, that's insane.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I can't say I'm hyped or excited, but I am VERY curious. Because after everything they've been able to accomplish in the series thus far, I really don't understand what else they'll be able to do that keeps it from feeling stale.

skneogaf

I'll be furious if they don't release it pc day one.

Very few multi platform games are console only nowadays when they first get released.

makaveli60

I don’t expect anything from current Rockstar (Wokestar? Hopefully not that much) but I hope they will surprise me and make me eat crow.

pxlwrld

Neo Member
That was the wrong way to announce it. Still remember the way they went to announce RDRII on Twitter. Got everyone excited right from the get go.

Stafford

Because noone makes worlds and trailers like R*?

Also the leak was from 2015...

You sure about 2015? A while ago I watched the clips again and I could swear some of the actual gameplay parts were listed as 2018.

That being said, i have zero doubt it's gonna look fantastic. Rdr2 to this day puts many games to shame.

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
A logo and a website launch with a countdown would've been a nice touch. Maybe some obscure teaser material.

A formal tweet with zero fanfare is a bit dull.

Last edited:
I'll be furious if they don't release it pc day one.

Very few multi platform games are console only nowadays when they first get released.
I bet you want a poorly optimized PC port which requires the highest end PC available.

While GTA 5 took 1 year and a half to came on PC, it was very well optimized, this is an prime example:

8800 GTX was 7 years old GPU when GTA 5 came out.

skneogaf

I bet you want a poorly optimized PC port which requires the highest end PC available.

While GTA 5 took 1 year and a half to came on PC, it was very well optimized, this is an prime example:

8800 GTX was 7 years old GPU when GTA 5 came out.

My 4090 will power through whatever they put out 💪

Perrott

Gold Member
", we will release the first trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto. We look forward to many more years of sharing these experiences with all of you.Thank you,Sam Houser"

They are going to release trailers for many years is how I read that statement.
They're talking about continuing to release games for many more years to come, thanks to the support of their community. Don't forget that the whole point of the statement is to celebrate Rockstar's 25th anniversary - the GTA VI trailer will just happen to be the climax of those celebrations.

Jakk

Because noone makes worlds and trailers like R*?

Also the leak was from 2015...
What? The leaked footage is from 2021-2022. Nevertheless, obviously people are excited because an actual trailer is something completely different than leaked development footage. And it also means we are getting closer to the release.

hinch7

My body is ready. Hopefully launches on PC, same day as consoles.

Can't wait to see what Rockstar can achieve with current gen hardware, going to be glorious.

Last edited:
The day the first GTA4 trailer was released, with this music from Philipp Glass....i watched it 50 times. Holy moly, Gta 6 is one of the biggest things in entertainment history.

This game surely pushes the bar, like totk recently does. In what way?... We will see.

Hopefully physics!

Top Bottom